pixeltracker

What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?- Page 2

What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?

Roscoe
#25re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 2:15pm

I wish they'd just leave the poor movies alone. After sitting through all I could stomach of that 39 STEPS horror, the idea of seeing a movie I admire dragged through the slime of theatrical translation really makes me nauseous.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

She_Had_Refinement Profile Photo
She_Had_Refinement
#26re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 4:14pm

Berlin Alexanderplatz... re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?

She_Had_Refinement Profile Photo
She_Had_Refinement
#27re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 4:17pm

But seriously... not a film... but a novel. "A Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole.

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#28re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:20pm

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#29re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:35pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

nah....

Updated On: 9/12/08 at 10:35 PM

ratherbewhaling Profile Photo
ratherbewhaling
#30re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:41pm

It'll never happen but I'd love to see Trick as a muscial... with Christian Cambell even

Nancy Reagan, meanest and thinnest of the first ladies moves into the white house. Yabba dabba! It's the eighties.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#31re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/12/08 at 10:57pm

ESotSM could be far too crazy onstage. It's all visual effects. I'd like to see a scaled down version of it though.

Joel: Gavin Creel
Clementine: Leslie Kritzer or Lindsay Nicole Chambers
Patrick: Van Hughes or Colin Cunliffe
Stan: Jason Tam or Bryce Ryness
Mary: Allison Case or Haven Burton
Dr. Mierzwiak: Denis O'Hare or Stephen Spinella

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (just for funsies).
Ferris: Aaron Tveit
Cameron: John Gallagher Jr.
Sloane: Mary Faber or Krysta Rodriguez
Ed Rooney: Greg Stuhr
Jeanie: Alli Mauzey

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#32re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/13/08 at 1:36am

Ooh Aaron Tveit as Ferris Bueller? That's kind of hilarious haha.

I'd be heartbroken if they ever turned that into a musical (or Eternal Sunshine), they're perfect the way they are.
Updated On: 9/13/08 at 01:36 AM

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#33re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/13/08 at 7:39am

No more movie musical for awhile, I am praying for the day the original musical returns to its glory.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#34re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/13/08 at 12:13pm

I always say the same one:
Moonstruck.

Won't happen cos The author is a bit too much of a d*ck for anyone to actually work w.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#35re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/16/08 at 2:10pm

haha, John Gallagher Jr. would make a PERFECT Cameron!
I'd see that just for Alli Mauzey, the most redeeming part of Cry Baby.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#36re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/16/08 at 2:20pm

Thanks, sabrelady for bringing up what a "dick" John Patrick Shanley is! Everyone says it! The actors he's worked with, directors...simply everyone! When did you meet him and oh do share how he was such a "dick" to you! These stories never fail to make me feel superior, so share!

In all honesty, the movie I would like to see musicalized is the one that inspires the book writer, lyricist, and composer in the most creative way possible. Something that moves them. Not "Oh this should be popular" or "Oh Disney's paying me a fortune to do this", I'm talking genuine inspiration. Seems to be in short supply these days. You can't tell me people actually watched a thoroughly mediocre movie like LEGALLY BLONDE or FIRST WIVES CLUB and said "Wow. That inspired my creative juices SO MUCH! This story must be brought to the ticket buying audience!"

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
Updated On: 9/16/08 at 02:20 PM

Rosie2107
#37re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/16/08 at 2:31pm

looks like there could be 'Mean Girls: The Musical'

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/05/14/tina-fey-talks-mean-girls-musical/

now that is something i would definately want to see:)

puppet
#38re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/16/08 at 3:36pm

The Turning Point - two great female roles and chance for great dancing.

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#39re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/16/08 at 3:41pm

Ever since I saw the movie, I always wanted to see if "Bridge to Terabithia" could transfer, I think it could.

Goodbye

puppet
#40re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:18am

There are a couple scripts for Bridge to Terabithia that are used in regional and Childrens theaters so it has already been done.

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#41re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 1:23am

Puppet- I love the idea of The Turning Point on stage. One of my all time favorite Bancroft roles!!!
Just to add a few more:
Grease 2 - definitely have Douglas Carter Beane write the book!! Look what he did for Xanadu!!
All That Jazz- Fosse...enough said
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#42re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 1:40am

I would LOVE to see Once on stage with Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova back.

blondebaby589 Profile Photo
blondebaby589
#43re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:15pm

I give a big yes to "A Walk to Remember" and "Mean Girls", even though I see "Mean Girls" being very similar to "Legally Blonde."
I'd also love to see Disney's next endeavor be "Hunchback of Notre Dame". It has such amazing music!

www.tinydancer5.tumblr.com

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#44re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/17/08 at 12:27pm

I always thought "Enchanted April" would make a lovely musical (I know it was a book first)

"Saving Grace" would also be good.

Both are British movies that not everyone has seen so maybe it could attract an audience that actually doesn't know the entire plot by heart before going to the theatre (Broadway audiences have become so lazy and stupid, they have to know the plot and most of the lines before seeing a show).

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#45re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 1:18am

I loved Saving Grace....

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

dayao Profile Photo
dayao
#46re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 4:51am

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, with a score using the 5 songs Andre and Dory Previn composed for the 1967 film and fleshed out with additional Previn songs from the 1960's.
DREAM CAST:
Tammy Blanchard as Neely O'Hara
Kerry Butler as Jennifer North
Laura Benanti as Anne Welles
Christine Ebersole as Helen Lawson
Cheyenne Jackson as Tony Polar
James Anest as Lyon Burke
Matt Morrison as Mel Anderson

"I long-ago realized that this country is a nation of morons, when it comes to knowledge of anything outside, or beyond, pop culture." Steve Slezak
Updated On: 9/18/08 at 04:51 AM

mygfdontliveincanada Profile Photo
mygfdontliveincanada
#47re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 7:43am

hahaha love the cobra video idea. I think we know that a good portion of musical theater audiences LOVE cobra (I know I do).

Other than that, I think Down with Love is the best idea on here. I've been saying that would be great for years.

I also think "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" would be a great project for Marc Shaiman & Scott Whitman. I think each of those characters could represent a very unique sound of the 60s. For example...

*Joey (the Katherine Houghton character) would have a Nancy Sinatra sound.
*John (the Sidney Poitier character) would sound like Nat King Cole
*Matt and Christina Drayton (Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn's characters) would have more of a traditional b'way sound (think Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, etc)

And as for the next Disney film to be turned into a musical, I think they need to stray from their animated films and use something like "The Parent Trap" (the original version) as the basis for a musical.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#48re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 9:04am

Schindler's List
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Jaws
The Exorcist
The Matrix
The Swarm
The Towering Inferno
King Kong
Metropolis
Twister
Independence Day
The Shining

In all seriousness... Down With Love. A Shaiman score. Starring Kelli O'Hara and Hugh Jackman.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#49re: What Films Would You Like to See On Stage?
Posted: 9/18/08 at 9:28am

Feed the ’burbs
Tepid a show
Tepid, vapid, titles they know
Feed the ’burbs

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos