Unpopular opinions you hold- Page 20

Unpopular opinions you hold

Henry Morgan
#475Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/16/13 at 11:59pm

Good God, where do I start

1. Yet to find a Sondheim show with a decent Act 2
2. I just can't get into last five years or Into the Woods
3. Jekyll & Hyde is a brilliant show, it just needs to be guided back to the way it was Warlow/1st Pre-Broadway Run
4 .Parade is a lost gem of Broadway
5. Love Never Dies had a few good songs
6. Oscar Hammerstein would have shot Beane and his new book for Cinderella
7. Someone needs to revive Scarlet Pimpernel. Soon
I think thats enough for now

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#476Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/17/13 at 12:02am

I love the revival of Annie. Sure it had some problems but I felt it was a very enjoyable night at the theatre and I've seen it twice with Katie and plan on seeing it again very soon with Jane.

Updated On: 6/17/13 at 12:02 AM

Stevil907 Profile Photo
Stevil907
#477Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:13pm

I loathe Pippin as a show - I am sure the current cast gives 100% for every demanding performance but I cannot being myself to go see it because that's how much I loathe Pippin.

Also, not a fan of Patti LuPone. In my opinion she's almost become a self-fulfilling caricature of herself.

MissOrphanJuly Profile Photo
MissOrphanJuly
#478Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:37pm

Okay so here are mine

1. There really needs to be a Cats revival
2. I enjoyed Russel Crowe in Les Mis
3. Les Mis is my favorite movie ever
4. Annie is one of my favorite musicals
5. I hate jukebox musicals
6. I really hate Avenue Q and Spring Awakening

hanabana
#479Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/17/13 at 4:53pm

1. I did not enjoy Mary Poppins. The audience was very energetic, but I could not get into it at all.
2. Jekyll and Hyde (the original Broadway production) is one of my favorite musicals! I love the score and its OBCR is one of the few that I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping anything.
3. I think both Book of Mormon and Catch Me If You Can are great musicals. But I enjoyed Catch Me If You Can more and thought it was the best musical on broadway that season.
4. I love Lea Salonga's voice, but I am not a big fan of the Miss Saigon cast recording. There are some good songs in there, but as a whole, I cannot get through the cast recording. (I listened to it completely through once, and have no desire to play it through again.)
5. I find Sherie Rene Scott's voice on the cast recording of The Last Five Years to be kind of annoying and whiny. I like Norbert Leo Butz's songs in there though, so I listen to only half of that cast recording.

pacificnorthwest Profile Photo
pacificnorthwest
#480Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 6/17/13 at 11:08pm

re: . I think both Book of Mormon and Catch Me If You Can are great musicals. But I enjoyed Catch Me If You Can more and thought it was the best musical on broadway that season.

Wow... my opinion exactly!

My 10 favorite Broadway musicals (in no particular order, and subject to substitutions based on my mood).

The Producers
Nine
Cabaret
Chicago
Chorus Line
The Music Man
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Avenue Q
Kinky Boots

Close calls: Company, Catch Me If You Can, La Cage aux Folles, Thoroughly Modern Millie, oh, heck... it's a long list.

actorsnonactors Profile Photo
actorsnonactors
#481Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/31/15 at 12:52pm

I feel like Kinky Boots is just The Full Monty, but with shoes...and fewer interesting characters.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#482Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/31/15 at 1:26pm

I don't care about Tony Awards.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#483Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 8/31/15 at 4:43pm

all of my opinions on here are very popular

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#484Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 12:06am

I've seen Hamilton 5 times & think Phillipa Soo is the worst. I close my eyes when she's on. In fact, the show would be better if she and Hamilton both were written out. Odom and Diggs carry the show. 

Realistic Joneses was the worst show ever 

Miss Saigon obc was entertaining, but artistic crap

Jelly's Last Jam is underrated, it needs a revival

I haven't seen a breakout female star in a decade or more. No one lights up a room

Something Rotten sucks big time. It has 1.5 decent songs, otherwise it's zzzzzz

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#485Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:11am

For someone that loves Hamilton, you don't really get it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

joshsmith2
#486Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 3:46am

I love Hamilton have an obsession with LMM

The Other One
#487Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 5:29am

"A Chorus Line" is nowhere near one of Broadway's best shows, and I say that having seen its terrific original cast.

MVintheheartland
#488Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 7:34am

I enjoy phillypinto's posts and how everybody gets so worked up about them.

MVintheheartland
#489Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 7:41am

I want to shorten/edit the second act of:

The Producers

Kinky Boots

Hamilton

Something Rotten

and many more

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#490Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/1/15 at 9:15am

dramamama611 said: "For someone that loves Hamilton, you don't really get it.

I really go for Chris and Leslie. 

"

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#491Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/17/15 at 11:56am

The sassy, truth-telling black transgender is the new mammy.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 9/19/15 at 11:56 AM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#492Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:28pm

On the heels of MVintheheartland's comment:

I think BOOK OF MORMON would be a far superior show as a one act.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Child-of-Revolution Profile Photo
Child-of-Revolution
#493Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/17/15 at 12:37pm

I can't stand Footloose, I despise Hairspray, and I'm completely over Grease at this point.

I actually loved Nick Jonas' performance as Marius.

I cannot listen to Suddenly, Seymour unless it's Ellen Greene singing. I bow down to her.

I think Patti LuPone is overrated and that she wasn't nearly as good a Mrs. Lovett as Angela Lansbury.

I actually like Jekyll and Hyde's Confrontation, thank you very much.

Javert's awesome.

...Sorry, I had a lot to let out.

Updated On: 9/17/15 at 12:37 PM

ozjust4 Profile Photo
ozjust4
#494Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:06pm

Bernadette Peters was an amazing Mama Rose

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#495Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:12pm

The revival of Godspell in 2012 is far superior then the original.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#496Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:20pm

Sondheim musicals are great to listen to.. when you need help falling asleep.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#497Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/13/16 at 2:58pm

I actually liked Smash. #guiltypleasure

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Randomlink1
#498Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/14/16 at 5:50pm

-I think Patti LuPone is actually a very nice lady, and that, while she does act like a diva at times, most of the time it's something that was deserved (like the Sunset Boulevard argument, in which Andrew really screwed her over. I don't think she's right about the thing about how he hates women, but I do think that she has significant reasons to be mad at him).

-I really don't like The Music Man

-I think that Into the Woods is a musical that's better crafted than Sweeney Todd.

-I think that Sondheim, while certainly a very good composer, can act like a complete asshole sometimes and might be one of the cattiest people I've ever seen (the guy submitted a letter to The New York Times surrounding all of his grievances with the revival of Porgy and Bess, while not having anything to do with it at all).

-I enjoyed the musical Beauty and the Beast, and believe that it was actually an attempt to tell a story instead of make a quick buck.

-I find Sondheim's tunes to be very hummable

Randomlink1
#499Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/14/16 at 5:50pm

-I think Patti LuPone is actually a very nice lady, and that, while she does act like a diva at times, most of the time it's something that was deserved (like the Sunset Boulevard argument, in which Andrew really screwed her over. I don't think she's right about the thing about how he hates women, but I do think that she has significant reasons to be mad at him).

-I really don't like The Music Man

-I think that Into the Woods is a musical that's better crafted than Sweeney Todd.

-I think that Sondheim, while certainly a very good composer, can act like a complete asshole sometimes and might be one of the cattiest people I've ever seen (the guy submitted a letter to The New York Times surrounding all of his grievances with the revival of Porgy and Bess, while not having anything to do with it at all).

-I enjoyed the musical Beauty and the Beast, and believe that it was actually an attempt to tell a story instead of make a quick buck.

-I find Sondheim's tunes to be very hummable

Videos