pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 20

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

KathyNYC2
#475FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/14/17 at 1:46am

brian1973 said: "She doesn't look old!!

"

No she does not look old. She looks her age which will be 35-36 when frozen opens. Elsa is supposed to be turning 21. So to me also too old. 

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#476FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/14/17 at 2:58pm

Whoever said that they should hire an lesser-known actress for one of the roles, I have to say I agree with them. I think they need to do that for the role of Anna. Because Anna, in my opinion, is the true protagonist. Elsa is the deuteragonist so Disney can hire whoever they want to play her. Anna is more of a role that screams a star is born, kinda like Susan Egan as Belle, Heather Headley as Nala, Ashley Brown as Mary Poppins, Sierra Boggess as Ariel etc. And "Frozen" is similar to "Anastasia" in the fact that the name alone will sell alot of tickets.

JennH
#477FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/14/17 at 3:53pm

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: "Whoever said that they should hire an lesser-known actress for one of the roles, I have to say I agree with them. I think they need to do that for the role of Anna. Because Anna, in my opinion, is the true protagonist. Elsa is the deuteragonist so Disney can hire whoever they want to play her. Anna is more of a role that screams a star is born, kinda like Susan Egan as Belle, Heather Headley as Nala, Ashley Brown as Mary Poppins, Sierra Boggess as Ariel etc. And "Frozen" is similar to "Anastasia" in the fact that the name alone will sell alot of tickets.

"

I've BEEN saying this and I wonder if it's ever crossed the minds of the powers that be. It's like...such an obvious to do. Am I crazy? I just don't know why they DON'T do it, it's pretty much a guarantee that no money will be lost unless we have the Great Depression 2.0 (which considering world events...but I digress). No, it's not like Cassie, Patti, or Betsy are "names" to the public at large, they are names in our community of course. They'll be well known to more "public at large" after this. Or at least Cassie and Patti will if they end up doing it. Nothing is officially official yet. Just pull an "Anastasia", and just give someone who's in essence unknown, but EXPERIENCED, a shot. Christy fits "newcomer" status more than the other three, but she's hardly inexperienced. She has plenty, so I have no idea why many news outlets are pretending this is her Broadway debut or something....

However, yes Anna is technically THE lead, she has the most lines, singing, and stage time, but Elsa is the more/most popular one...obviously. She's their most popular character since God knows when. Plus she has "the song" and it's a powerhouse one. Just from those alone, I consider that the "star maker", but just from being Frozen, both will be stars afterwards anyway. 

And why the continuing complaints about Cassie's age? I mean, Betsy is barely younger than her and no one's said anything about that, plus both ladies look darn good for being mid 30's. They all do actually. And again, stage is slightly more forgiving. It's not like they're so obviously 50+ years old, and someone is trying to make them up to look 25 and below. I personally would rather have them, who are slightly older and actually have the chops to pull these roles off, and can totally be made to look younger. 

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#478FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/14/17 at 4:02pm

JennH you are right in the fact that Elsa is more popular and has more of a powerful song, but, in my opinion the role of Elsa is lesser-known star role, wheras Anna is more a star is born role. 

To digress the way I see things lesser-known star is someone who is known in this industry but is not yet a household name. And I don't have to tell what a star is born means to me, cause everyone has the same definition.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#480FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:06pm

They've cast an Olaf! And a great one at that. I'm excited to see how they are going to do him. Puppets? Projections? A mix?

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#481FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:07pm

The show doesn't need a good and/or known cast.  It's Frozen.

neonlightsxo
#482FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:07pm

Those sets are gonna be phenomenal, though.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#483FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:08pm

VotePeron said: "...this is not going to be anything more than a tourist grab."

Uh, duh?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#484FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:08pm

John Riddle... as in Young Anton from The Visit? Well, I have had many a wet dreams about the guy so yay! Would have liked to see Jay Armstrong, but this is fun too. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

RW3
#485FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:14pm

At least we are getting a hopeful glimpse of an ethnically diverse cast with Jelani Alladin being cast as Kristoff. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#486FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:14pm

Also, I think there's a cute/irritating Disney joke somewhere in the fact a guy named Aladdin will play the male lead in Frozen.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JennH
#487FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:16pm

I may be crazy but the only supporting principal I've heard of is Greg...literally never heard of the other three. But John...HOLY HANS. Yeah, look alone screams it. And looks like it'll be both for Denver and Broadway so there we are. 

Ashford?? When the hell did that happen?? Is this literally an announcement that kills two birds with one stone by announcing the cast as well as as yet another different choreographer?? Good heavens...

Updated On: 4/17/17 at 02:16 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#488FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:16pm

Really disappointed that the casting isn't exciting, but I'm still happy for all :) Such a shame that Betsy isn't doing Elsa, but congrats to Cassie.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#489FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:17pm

ROBERT CREIGHTON!!! I am ridiculously happy for him. Such a nice guy and such a talent- I see his Duke of Weselton as being quite different from Alan Tudyk's though.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#490FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:17pm

I can't decide if I'm more disappointed that Betsy Wolfe is officially not part of this or that Patti Murin officially is.

broadwayboy223
#491FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:22pm

It's truly a shame about Betsy. Between her and Cassie, only one of them has the vocal technique to sing this score 8 times a week... 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#492FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:26pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "ROBERT CREIGHTON!!! I am ridiculously happy for him. Such a nice guy and such a talent- I see his Duke of Weselton as being quite different from Alan Tudyk's though.

"

Speaking of Alan, wouldn't it be great if he stops by for a summer or fall run? Would love to see him back on Broadway!

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#493FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:28pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I can't decide if I'm more disappointed that Betsy Wolfe is officially not part of this or that Patti Murin officially is."

THIS FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

VintageSnarker
#494FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:30pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I can't decide if I'm more disappointed that Betsy Wolfe is officially not part of this or that Patti Murin officially is.

Patti Murin definitely. Betsy could eventually play Elsa. I don't think I could see the show with Murin because as this thread has reminded me, it's mostly Anna's story. 

neonlightsxo
#495FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:31pm

Ashford is obviously Grandage's pick for choreographer. He wasn't going to use the holdover from Timbers. They did Evita together.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#496FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 2:50pm

broadwayboy223 said: "It's truly a shame about Betsy. Between her and Cassie, only one of them has the vocal technique to sing this score 8 times a week..."

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#497FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:22pm

Black Kristoff? Yes!!!!

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#498FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:30pm

Robert Creighton is a fabulous human and deserves it. Plus, he's a fabulous actor.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#499FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/17/17 at 3:35pm

Not that it matters cause this will be a massive hit despite her not because of her but I will not be giving a single dollar of my money to Patti Murin. 

Videos