pixeltracker

Unpopular opinions you hold- Page 21

Unpopular opinions you hold

¿Macavity?
#500Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 3/14/16 at 7:16pm

- Carrie is an Off-Broadway type musical, not a Broadway type. I don't mean that in a harsh way, the music's good and all, but it has an intimate style to it that would work best Off-Broadway.

- Sweeney Todd is not revived "way to much", it was a great musical that had a short run, it deserves a revival every now and then.

- Little Shop of Horrors is a masterpiece of theatre.

- I wish the recent revival of Cabaret had some changes to it, rather than it be just a carbon-copy.

- (Sorry, this is another Sweeney Todd one) Patti did a great job as Mrs. Lovett, but it was clear that she was acting, unlike Lansbury who owned the role.

- My Fair Lady, while it is one of my favorite musicals, doesn't need a revival quite yet. It had a concert not to long ago I believe.

- The Little Mermaid had some great things to it, and with some re-working, those things could really shine through and make it a great show.

ElderGreen
#501Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:05pm

I hate to pull up an old thread, but I had to put these out there.

-Asa Somers is HORRIBLE as Dan

-Heathers has some good songs, but is a horrible show overall and doesn't deserve to be brought to Broadway like its fans want. 

-Aaron Tveit is talented, but extremely overrated, and his fangirls/boys are the actual worst.

-Zombie Prom is a great musical, and should be more popular.

-Pippin's score isn't that great.

neonlightsxo
#502Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:09pm

Had to?

LJD123
#503Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 1:51pm

I saw Pippin on tour, and the entire story line "isn't that great".

theaterdude2
#504Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:04pm

I thought WAITRESS was a horrible show and I don't understand what the fuss is about. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#505Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:38pm

I think IN THE HEIGHTS is a far better show than HAMILTON. So much more heart.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#506Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:43pm

Mr. Nowack said: "I think IN THE HEIGHTS is a far better show than HAMILTON. So much more heart."

Ouch. I know this is the unpopular opinions thread and I'm a Heights lover, too—but this went right for my jugular!

GoblinKing2
#507Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 5:54pm

I've never been able to stomach West Side Story because in my mind gang members are loathsome human beings who deal in drugs and weapons, and enjoy bullying and terrorizing innocent people and don't care if they kill children in their drive-bys.  I first saw it in high school and the intervening decades have not made it any more tolerable.   And before anyone mentions something like American Psycho, I am under the impression that Bateman and his vapid bunch are being satirized and shown for what they are, not glorified.  But not having seen it I could be wrong.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#508Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:03pm

Benjamin Walker is as attractive as people think he is.

Edit: I didn't want to sound cruel. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 4/28/16 at 06:03 PM

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#509Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:05pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Mr. Nowack said: "I think IN THE HEIGHTS is a far better show than HAMILTON. So much more heart."

Ouch. I know this is the unpopular opinions thread and I'm a Heights lover, too—but this went right for my jugular!

"

You need to calm it with the Hamilton craziness. It's just a damn show.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#510Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:13pm

Fantod, who are you?

Dollypop
#511Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:15pm

Hugh Jackman has a strong stage presence but his singing voice is painful to listen to.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

pupscotch
#512Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 6:52pm

-I don't like RENT

-Not really unpopular, but Next to Normal should have won Best Musical, and J. Robert Spencer Best Actor

-I kind of want Sara Barellies to win Best Score for Waitress, if only because I'm a little tired of Hamilton (love the musical, hate the hype)

-The Producers is underrated (it wasn't then, but it is now)

funhamilton_rent
#513Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:42pm

Finding Neverland is a masterpiece. It should have gotten tony nods for Best Musical, Best Leading Actor (Morrison), Best Leading Actress (Kelly), Best Featured Actor (Grammer), Best Score, Best Set Design, and Best Choreography.

I despise Phantom of the Opera.

Wicked should have beat Avenue Q for the whole damn Tony Triple Crown.

Next to Normal should have beat Billy Elliot.

Kristen Chenoweth should have beat Kelli O'Hara last year.

I was excited for Nerds (well at least more-so than Tuck Everlasting and Disaster!).

The Gigi revival was so entertaining and breathtaking (I saw it at the Kennedy Center, though, so I'm not sure what they changed).

Call_me_jorge
#514Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:46pm

Billy Elliot deserved it's best musical win. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

funhamilton_rent
#515Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 8:52pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Billy Elliot deserved it's best musical win. 

"

I believe this is an Opinions thread, Jorge. I know that most people think what you wrote, so I wrote it in the Unpopular Opinions thread. Thanks, Captain Obvious. 

Updated On: 4/27/16 at 08:52 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#516Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/27/16 at 9:36pm

funhamilton_rent said: "Kristen Chenoweth should have beat Kelli O'Hara last year."

That is FAR from an unpopular opinion. Most people on this board agree with you there, from what I've seen. 

mamaleh
#517Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 12:57am

Enough with the halo effect.  Audra McDonald does not deserve a Tony every time she steps onto a stage. 

Neil Patrick Harris' talents are likewise overrated.  His man-child shtick, now that he's well into his 40s, is even more grating than before.  Jefferson Mays should have won the Tony.

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#518Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 1:51am

Judy Kuhn should've won over Kelli last year

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

aaaaaa15
#519Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 2:03am

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "Judy Kuhn should've won over Kelli last year"

They weren't in the same category.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#520Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 4:06am

I despise The Lion King, hate anyone saying X deserves a Tony while discussing this person's performance (considering the fact Tony doesn't give closed shows enough credit), and would definitely love Hamilton better if fanboys/girls stop making it like the ONLY thing on Broadway.

Updated On: 4/28/16 at 04:06 AM

Call_me_jorge
#521Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 6:21am

funhamilton_rent said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Billy Elliot deserved it's best musical win. 

"

I believe this is an Opinions thread, Jorge. I know that most people think what you wrote, so I wrote it in the Unpopular Opinions thread. Thanks, Captain Obvious. 

"

I've actually seen more people say next to normal deserved to win. So I think my opinion is the unpopular one.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#522Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 11:06am

Fantod said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Mr. Nowack said: "I think IN THE HEIGHTS is a far better show than HAMILTON. So much more heart."

"

You need to calm it with the Hamilton craziness. It's just a damn show.

For some reason, he can't deal with the fact that not everyone thinks Hamilton is the greatest thing ever.

In the Heights >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hamilton

Poconopanther
#523Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 11:51am

Phantom is my least favorite show. I saw it with the original Broadway cast- hated it , but thought it was an off night. Ten years later I gave it a second shot and still couldn't understand the hype. Every now and then I consider seeing it again as its the longest running show in history...I must be missing something. Who is going to see it? Are their really that many Jr. High School drama clubs? 

hork Profile Photo
hork
#524Unpopular Opinions
Posted: 4/28/16 at 12:07pm

I generally find Kander and Ebb boring, and the two Stephens (Sondheim and Schwartz) excruciating.

Videos