pixeltracker

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)- Page 21

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)

ElephantLoveMedley
#500The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 10:16am

I love, love, love Miles. So much. But I think if there’s any potential upset in Featured Actress tonight, it would be Betsy Wolfe winning over Bonnie Milligan. Though I do think Bonnie has this all sewn up. 

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#501The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 10:27am

Musicaldudepeter said: "I would love it to happen. There is a LOT of love for Miles in the industry, and I can see a lot of voters ticking her name as a result"

To me, the nomination is the win for what is, essentially, a glorified featured ensemble role. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#502The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 10:47am

Yeah, it’s a very thankless role with little in the way of awards history. The rest of the category is stacked with very showy performances in showcase roles. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bear88
#503The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 11:39am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Michael Paulson only interviewed a 1/5th of the voters so who knows if that 5th just happened to lean towards certain shows, performers, etc (that was the first article I saw placing Topdog/Underdog to win best play revival for example)

Just because something is leading within a sample doesn't always turn out to be a true trend as we have seen in the last several elections
"

This isn’t the same thing as election polling. No pollster, no matter how thorough, personally contacts 1/5 of all the eligible voters by phone or email.

Moreover, there’s a difference between Paulson saying a play like Topdog/Underdog appears to have a small but real lead (which is not characterizing the outcome as a foregone conclusion) and some of his assertions in the acting, Best Play, or Best Musical races.

It doesn’t surprise me that some voters were left cold by Kimberly Akimbo. But the problem for voters who prefer another musical is that they can’t agree on which one. There’s been much discussion about Some Like It Hot, but based on Paulson’s survey, it’s not clear whether SLIH will even finish second. (We’ll never know.)

Anything is possible. Has there been a recent example of the New York Times survey of Tony voters being incorrect after it says a show or performer is a clear leader?

Updated On: 6/11/23 at 11:39 AM

chrishuyen
#504The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 11:47am

I took a look at past polling that Paulson had done and for the most part the results lined up with what he reported in the polls, especially if there was a sizeable lead. There have been instances where they differed but usually in those cases it was close. Based on his poll, I felt fairly confident in putting Topdog/Underdog as my prediction for revival but I won't be completely shocked if it doesn't win. Everything else he mentioned outside of lead actor in a play seems pretty tidy so I would actually be surprised if those didn't turn out to be the results. 

FLarnhill Profile Photo
FLarnhill
#505The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 12:07pm

Would love to see Into the Woods sweep the show. Sara, especially, even if there's a low chance at that happening. All I can hope for is if it wins Best Revival.

SLIH's winning Book. Is Amber Ruffin showing up, though?

I know people say Best Lead Actress/Play is locked but I still have my bets on Chastain. 1) she's beloved by the community. 2) she's on her way to getting the Triple Crown on record time. 3) she gave a subtle, challenging performance, the type that should be winning. 4) this character has won so many times in the past. 5) she's Jessica Chastain. 

For Best Lead Actor/Musical, I really don't wanna see Platt get this but it seems it's Ghee's to lose and I'm eternally grateful for that. Two black performers in a row for the category. I never thought I'd see the day.

Tough call for Lead Actress/Musical but if Clark won't win, give it to Ashford. What a performance!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#506The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 2:05pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Best Featured Actress in a Musical is the one I'm most excited to see announced tomorrow. I honestly loved both Bonnie Milligan and Betsy Wolfe so much and can't choose between the two of them."

I'm going with Bonnie Milligan for the Tony Win

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

berniesb!tch
#507The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 2:59pm

Rooting for Kimberly tonight...would love for it to take all the acting categories it's in (not giving up hope for a possible Justin upset) but desperately need it to win musical. Let's go Miss Levaco!! 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#508The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 5:06pm

“Act I” of the awards should be fairly easy to catch love for those of us on the West Coast… but any suggestions/links for watching the actual awards live? Is it still on Paramount Plus?

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#509The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 5:19pm

Sally Durant Plummer said: "“Act I” of the awards should be fairly easy to catch love for those of us on the West Coast… but any suggestions/links for watching the actual awards live? Is it still on Paramount Plus?"

https://www.tonyawards.com/press/spectrum-news-ny1-to-air-live-two-hour-on-stage-live-red-carpet-to-the-tonys/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#510The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 5:57pm

Sally Durant Plummer said: "“Act I” of the awards should be fairly easy to catch love for those of us on the West Coast… but any suggestions/links for watching the actual awards live? Is it still on Paramount Plus?"

All of the announcements along with my local CBS channel say the full ceremony will be live coast-to-coast. 

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#511The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
Posted: 6/11/23 at 6:02pm

Thanks Robbie!

JK, I just saw that! I'm very pleasantly surprised. Usually I have to get a VPN or find some low-quality livestream. Excited!

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Videos