News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22 - Page 23

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22

scampsweep
#550COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 5:56am

Is this a limited or open-ended run? In London, I think it was only a planned 3-month run originally, but then extended to six months, I think.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#551COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 6:46am

Jordan Catalano said: "So Lenk is confirmed.

Just...why?
"

Did you like her in The Band’s Visit? I loved her. I am a bit worried about her warmth for the role in Company and I do see it as a slightly missed opportunity to have a real vocal powerhouse. But I’m optimistic. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#552COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:04am

Of course I’m in the camp that thinks Lenk will be sensational in this— one of the things I’m most looking forward to is that I think Lenk will bring an innate sexuality to the role that was one of the things I really found lacking in Craig’s performance. Lenk is also a tougher presence which will certainly make the dynamic between her male counterparts quite different.

Andy Karl would make an excellent Andy, while we are thinking of people on Broadway last season. The three guys in London would definitely not work opposite Lenk. She’d eat them alive.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 8/30/19 at 07:04 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#553COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:40am

Official:

Company’ Returning to Broadway, With a Woman at its Center

Full cast not announced it

Updated On: 8/30/19 at 07:40 AM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#554COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:47am

Can’t wait. When do tickets go on sale?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#555COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:49am

Website is live! The image was VERY real
https://companymusical.com/

Updated On: 8/30/19 at 07:49 AM

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#556COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:56am

Just keep tossing my wallet at my computer screen hoping something goes through. This is incredible.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#557COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 7:59am

What?! I’m so surprised! :P

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#558COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:04am

I can’t believe after all that, they announced in the middle of the night. Heh. But I can’t wait. Loved this in London. Adored Leno in The Band’s Visit and Indecent, and I think she could be extraordinary in this. And Patti...she’s just so f’ing good in this.

Now can we start guessing when they’ll announce more casting? :)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#559COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:06am

I will never buy my ticket so quickly in my life

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#560COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:09am

Credit Card ready! When do tickets go on sale? 

Mike Barrett
#561COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:09am

Probably over estimating on names, but, my dream of Brandon Uranowitz as Jamie and Jeremy Pope as Andy? Could be fun. Although if rumor is true of Jamie being in a broadway musical this last season, are we sleeping on Damon Daunno?

AllThatJazz2
#562COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:10am

I am so excited for this.

magictodo123
#563COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:14am

Mike Barrett said: "Just keep tossing my wallet at my computer screen hoping something goes through. This is incredible."

I didn't know much about this musical, but I'm going to be constantly checking the website to be alerted to when tickets go on sale. I'm actually SO curious about this show. AND it opens right around my birthday, so I know what I'm seeing for my birthday! 

Um Kulthum Profile Photo
Um Kulthum
#564COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:15am

Mike Barrett said: "Just keep tossing my wallet at my computer screen hoping something goes through. This is incredible."

Haha same!! March never felt so far away!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#565COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:15am

Jordan Catalano said: "So Lenk is confirmed.

Just...why?
"

Because she'll be amazing. Different, but amazing.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#566COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:16am

Beyond excited for this!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

magictodo123
#567COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:17am

I already signed up to be on their mailing list, which will most likely alert you to when tickets go on sale! 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#568COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:18am

dramamama611 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "So Lenk is confirmed.

Just...why?
"

Because she'll be amazing. Different, but amazing.
"

Exactly, it’s no wonder that Sondheim reportedly hand chose her. She’s a unique and daring actress. 

NorthShore2
#569COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:29am

Where did you sign up for the mailing list? I  can't seem to find anything online. Thanks

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#570COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:30am

I guess The Pone doesn't carry as much weight as she thought.  What happened to her threat that she would only do the show if certain Actors transferred (or were cast).

I am a big fan of Lenk's and think she will be great but I feel bad for Rosalie, this was her chance to make a splash on Broadway. She is a wonderful Actress/Singer.

Updated On: 8/30/19 at 08:30 AM

Mike Barrett
#571COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:32am

magictodo123 said: "Mike Barrett said: "Just keep tossing my wallet at my computer screen hoping something goes through. This is incredible."

I didn't know much about this musical, but I'm going to be constantly checking the website to be alerted to when tickets go on sale. I'm actually SO curious about this show. AND it opens right around my birthday, so I know what I'm seeing for my birthday!
"

I admit I also only recently discovered the recording but boy am I obsessed!! Can’t wait for my snow March trip this year :) 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#572COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:34am

So how old is Bobbi gonna be now?

magictodo123
#573COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:43am

NorthShore2 said: "Where did you sign up for the mailing list? I can't seem to find anything online. Thanks"

I'm so sorry! I should have included a link. If you go to this website, on the top left you can enter your email address to get updates about the production. I'm guessing that will eventually include information on when tickets go on sale :) 

https://companymusical.com/

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#574COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
Posted: 8/30/19 at 8:45am

Two time tony award winner Katrina Lenk has a nice ring to it

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Videos