News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 23

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#550PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 1:22pm

adamgreer, your ignorance is showing.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#551PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 1:24pm

Whatever you say, you faux insider.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#552PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 1:33pm

*cheers adamgreer*

Pgenre, your arrogance is showing.

I think Pgenre forgets that there are people on this board who genuinely have "inside information" but don't post because of legal constraints and propriety. Pgenre comes off looking rather silly, and stupid to those people, and others.

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#553PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 3:49pm

Pgenre has enough of a life and career outside of BWW to not have to worry about legal constraints because theatre is his passion and film is his job so any insider information he has in re: theatre is from connections to a past life and any information he shares was given to him under the auspicies of knowing that such information would be shared if he so chose. And he'd be a fool to say anything more than that so he won't, as apparently he has said far too much in this thread to begin with.

And his appearance as "rather silly" and "stupid" to those stalwart insiders of BWW, formerly like our buddy ljay (who I actually have come to enjoy in recent weeks so will not use him as an example any longer, signoff quotation notwithstanding) but currently in the idiocy of these 2 (you both have unbelievably stupid SNs if we're calling people "silly" and "stupid") really could not matter less to him.

Things go through a number of phases when they happen, and just like Michael Reidel's column from a year ago, I bet you would find not everything that is supposed to happen actually does.

It's called showbusiness.

It's called theatre. It's called life. Go get one.

I've contributed actual information from real sources, not ignorantly and suspiciously criticized someone for doing as much while adding nothing worthwhile to the discussion besides backhanded bitchery, unwarranted competitiveness and general foolishness. NEXT!

A Good Nightmare Comes So Rarely,
I'll Show You Yours If You Show Me Mine
P
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 03:49 PM

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#554PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 3:59pm

Well, my goodness. Backpedaling like crazy, AND stooping to random personal attacks like criticizing a persons screen name! I think a nerve was struck.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#555PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:13pm

It's called they need to announce the f*cking cast already so the torture of waiting (and the subsequent endless speculation and criticism of casting currently in place) compounded with the idiocy in this thread can FINALLY end.

I broke the news of Angie being in, BTW, and she is. I share information as I get it and I guess if you don't like it you can block me. Please do, actually. I'd REALLY appreciate it.

I love how people here think that casting on something like this is so easy and predetermined.

Don't you realize that the most air-tight, perfected contracts can be torn up at the drop of a high-priced entertainment lawyer's hat?

That's the word.

Time and money, that's what make contracts go round. Or is it the world?

P

P.S. I stand behind every statement I have made in this thread, or any other. Next time I feel like sharing the cast list for the next Encores show a year in advance as it now stands like I did this weekend, I'll think again. Thanks again, darling!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#556PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:19pm

PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#557PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:21pm

I wish that were a real button. For so, so many reasons.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#558PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:23pm

Whoa. We need an exhaust fan in here to clear the dust from all the backpedaling.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#559PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:26pm

I think people are going to be disappointed when this cast is announced, especially if they had their hopes up for big names.

I will say, Thank God for Lansbury.

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#560PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:33pm

In response to pgenre I should point out that Hannah Waddingham's character does not sing "If This is What We are Fighting For" in The Beautiful Game. That song is performed by the lovely Josie Walker.

Hannah performs the big ballad "Our Kind of Love"

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#561PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 4:34pm

We need an exhaust fan in here. But it is NOT from the smell of backpeddling, but for the smell starting around page 22 in here which really IS overwhelming.

And ljay is right: I have told you and news outlets are now confirming that Angela Lansbury is making her return to the musical stage in one of Sondheim's most treasured roles and all people can do is bitch about everything BUT that. I mean, really.

P

P.S. Thanks mr. kringas for the correction! It WAS Josie Walker! I have a cover version of that song done by Sinead O'Conner that I prefer above all the others - talk about the perfect marriage of singer and song!
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 04:34 PM

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#562PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 6:47pm

If Angie's in, I'm more than happy.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#563PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 7:53pm

I'm sorry but I think even if Angela Lansbury is cast, we are entitled to bitch about the casting of a no-name 12 year-old British actress playing Desiree. I don't care how talented she is. If you're happy about it, celebrate, but if I'm not, don't expect me to be quiet about it.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#564PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 7:58pm

Does this Angela Lansbury rumor have any weight to it, or is it wishful thinking? Can't tell from the pages of bitching on this thread.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#565PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 7:59pm

Well I too would love to see Winslet or Kristin Scott Thomas in the role, but I'm open to having someone new in it. Why does it have to be "a name"?

And you do realize that Waddingham is older than Winslet, right?
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 07:59 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#566PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:00pm

Yes. It's true about Lansbury.
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 08:00 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#567PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:00pm

Well, people with "inside sources" have said she's the most certain of the speculated cast members. But whether or not these sources actually exist or are giving out this info is problematic...so, does it have any weight to it? Yes and no.

But we should know relatively soon who is officially cast, shouldn't we?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#568PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:01pm

Winslet could be 20 and I'd still want to see her in the role more than I want to see Waddingham. Like I said, I know people seem excited about her, and that's fine, but don't expect me to think that after 30+ years of not having a revival of NIGHT MUSIC, and after wanting just about every A-list film and every A-list Broadway star I have no reason to complain about this lady playing one of the best leading musical theater roles in the Broadway musical canon.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#569PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:02pm

Imagine the fights that would have ensued over the original production had BroadwayWorld been around.

"That dowdy 50-year-old Glynis Johns as Desiree? What on earth are Prince and Sondheim smoking?"

"A Canadian as Frederik? Can't they cast this show with authentic Swedes?"

"I have it on good authority that Tessie O'Shea as Madame Armfeldt is a done deal"

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#570PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:16pm

Smaxie your post has made EVERYTHING that has gone in this thread worth it.

THAT was a laugh!

P

P.S. I know EXACTLY what Prince & Sondheim were smoking, btw. PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory

EDIT: P.P.S. best12bars, I remember that well! She was a wonderful poster and I wish she would participate though I can DEFINENTLY understand why she wouldn't given the way the board has changed over the last five or six years.
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 08:16 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#571PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:34pm

"I have it on good authority that Tessie O'Shea as Madame Armfeldt is a done deal"

LOL!

Isn't it rich?

EDIT: By the way, for all you cat scratchers, you ought to know that Ramona Mallory used to post here on BWW. I don't know if she still lurks or posts today. But I got a few PMs from her, back in the day. Not that you'd take back your spewing either way. Just thought you should know she could be reading your prose.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 08:34 PM

LoveIsCompany
#572PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:14pm

My friend who's directly involved in the production said we'll find out by the weekend or first thing Monday morning. As I had originally been told that Winslet was being courted (and claiming such on the boards, sorry for getting people's hopes up!!), I just spoke with my friend a few minutes ago and it was in fact Kidman being courted, but she had to bow out. Waddingham was always on Nunn's radar in case Kidman couldn't commit, and if there were issues with the good ol' union pond trade, it would have gone to another American stage actress that hasn't even been mentioned on this thread yet (though I'll keep it that way since it's definitely Waddingham, message me if you want to know who though).

It's my understanding, though, that Lansbury, Esparza, and Mallory are still fully committed. Looking forward to the final announcement! Sorry again for getting some hopes up on the Winslet front, was just relying information from a friend directly involved (who, for the record, didn't care if I posted any of the info)

Brick
#573PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 10:05pm

I, too, will be pissed. We've waited years for this revival and there are so many amazing American stage and screen actresses perfect for this part, even with Nunn's silly age restrictions.

She may be wonderful, and I even may love her performance, but don't think I won't be sitting there wishing I'd gotten to see someone like even, say, Kristin Scott Thomas tackle the role.

Yankeefan007
#574PLEASE yes Ramona Mallory
Posted: 7/8/09 at 10:10pm

Go ahead and kiss me, Kate.

Videos