adamgreer
#600A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:13am

I did it as well.

esparza 333
#601A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:24am

me too

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#602A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 11:30am

same here

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#603A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:01pm

Just saw this in the NY Times--"Sophie-Louise Dahn, playing the ?Night Music Star? Hannah Waddingham (standing on a box ? Ms. Waddingham is quite tall)"--which makes me wonder how tall Waddingham is?

MariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
#604A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 1:21pm

Waddingham is 5'11".

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#605A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 2:43pm

I would love to see Laura Benanti as Anne. I saw her play the part in Los Angeles a few years ago and she's the best Anne I've ever heard.

She's too old for even a conventionally cast production at this point in life. And considering the fact that everyone has already draped Raul in the Mission Accomplished banner, he's only 9 years older than her, and they both look it.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#606A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 2:54pm

I'm fairly certain Esparza is no longer attached to this.

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#607A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:12pm

where is this announcment!!!???!!!

I'll take the wind and soar.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#608A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:16pm

Isn't Benanti doing IN THE NEXT ROOM? Or is that just another idle rumor?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#609A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:19pm

I heard that, too, but at this point I'm ready to simply believe nothing until it's on Playbill. Is it just me, or is this year's rumor mill spinning a lot faster than it usually does? It could just be that I don't normally pay much attention, but I feel like there's way more of this somewhat speculative, somewhat truthful, "I KNOW THE TRUTH AHHH YAY ME" b.s. than usual. I have to say, it's exhausting. I know things, too, but I don't feel the need to dangle it in front of people's faces and make them all crazy with it. Jesus. This is getting so silly. Whatever happens is going to happen, it'll be announced when it will, and there's not a damned thing any of us can do about it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/13/09 at 03:19 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#610A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:20pm

With Levael being announced for Mama Mia! got me thinking she would be a great Desiree but I guess she is too "old"

WiCkEDrOcKS
#611A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:24pm

It may have to do with the fact that last season was so sensational for the most part with so many celebrities stepping into the limelight. Now everyone wants to feel like they're going to break the news of an A-lister coming to Broadway this season or whatever.

Whatever happens is going to happen, it'll be announced when it will, and there's not a damned thing any of us can do about it.
And that's the truth. Although I'm sure we'll hear quite a lot of bitching and moaning once the cast is announced. SOMEONE's bound to be pissed off.

luvtheEmcee
#612A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:30pm

People are going to be disappointed. Almost inevitably. Regardless of the outcome.

Everybody wants to feel like they know what's going and be lauded as the one to break it first. But the blind trust of ANYTHING is amazing.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#613A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 3:54pm

Variety mentioned her doing it. They're usually spot on.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#614A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:12pm

I'm with Emcee. At this point, what's the point of speculating? Everybody seems to be saying different things and everyone is "in the know." I'll just wait, see the show if the cast sounds appealing, or not see it if it doesn't.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

luvtheEmcee
#615A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:19pm

Seriously, sometimes I want to be like, "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY."

But that would not be very nice. A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#616A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:44pm

I have inside info that Queen Latifa signed on to play Desiree months ago.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#617A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:48pm

please, no one would believe she's Angela Lansbury's daughter.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

WiCkEDrOcKS
#618A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:51pm

Who is "her," BobbyBubby?

givesmevoice
#619A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:53pm

I hope it's Beth Leavel, since that was the last name mentioned before BobbyBubby's post. A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

but she's a better Charlotte, in my opinion.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 7/13/09 at 04:53 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#620A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:56pm

But Leavel is doing MAMMA MIA!

When is NIGHT MUSIC supposed to be opening?

givesmevoice
#621A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:58pm

haha, I was joking, rOcKs! I think BobbyBubby meant Waddingham, but I'm not positive.

December 2009/January 2010, I believe.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#622A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/13/09 at 4:59pm

Night Music is looking to open in December.

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#623A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

I think BobbyBubby was saying that Variety mentioned Laura Benanti doing IN THE NEXT ROOM, not Beth Leavel doing NIGHT MUSIC.

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

givesmevoice
#624A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

this is why we use names and not unattached pronouns.

Videos