pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 27

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#650Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/7/17 at 11:01pm

I'm still trying to process everything I saw in the show last night. It was one of the best theatre experiences I've ever had. Certainly my favorite contemporary musical. Everyone was on last night except for Michael Park. Asa played Larry very well though. The way the set/screens moved around was so innovative. Everything was just perfect.

To anyone who is trying to get tickets, do whatever you can to see this show. I thought I'd regret spending $427 per ticket. Absolutely not. It was totally worth it, and I'd do it again. I recommend checking out TickPick, which is basically stub hub without the fees.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#651Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 10:16am

Guys I have a ticket for 11/3 and 11/5. Does anyone know which is a better bet for Ben to show up -- Friday night or Sunday matinee? 

chuckydisc
#652Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 11:02am

Made.in.oregon said: "Was considering trying the cancellation line sometime before he leaves to see him one more time and my mom is dying to see he show. Any tips on when to arrive at the theaterand what’s the best days to go"

How many hours ARE you both, in total, willing to wait so as to ensure that you both see Ben?

wolverine3
#653Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:39pm

poisonivy2 said: "Guys I have a ticket for 11/3 and 11/5. Does anyone know which is a better bet for Ben to show up -- Friday night or Sunday matinee?"

I don't profess to have any insider knowledge here but one would think that as he only has a couple more weeks left in his run he wouldn't skip out on any performances unless he was sick or needed vocal rest.

I will say that while Ben's amazing (I just saw him Friday night) you're in for a treat regardless.

Jsimtaylor
#654Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 6:57pm

I waited on Friday 9/29 from 9am-6:30pm, first in the line. They came out and offered me a ticket and 2 partial view front row (taken by #8 and 9 in line!) and then another ticket wasn't offered again until 7:45! My sister and the 5 people behind her got great seats, but it was right up until 8pm. There were some big names there that night, too! 

kaebway22
#655Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 7:18pm

@jsimtaylor: so they offered you the ticket around 6:30pm? what time did other people join the line?

Jsimtaylor
#656Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 7:45pm

Yes! No news until that moment. We got there at 9 (there were 6 people in front of us but they weren't in it for the whole day!), and the next 5 people got in line around 12:30. That was a Friday though, not sure if it made a difference. When I saw the line Sat am there were definitely 3 people in line around 8:30!

chuckydisc
#657Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/8/17 at 11:15pm

poisonivy2 said: "Guys I have a ticket for 11/3 and 11/5. Does anyone know which is a better bet for Ben to show up -- Friday night or Sunday matinee?"

Well, given that he was out today ...

Chloe Starbird
#658Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 12:36am

Hi, 

I'm visiting New York from November 15th to the 24th. I have only recently been introduced to DEH but am already in love with it. I have been frantically combing through the internet looking for tickets, but since those are Ben's last days they are almost all sold out. I found a $275 ticket on stub hub for the 21st, after Ben leaves. Is it worth it? And whats the deal with extra fees? 

Thanks!

michaelhale
#659Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 3:00am

Chloe Starbird said: "Hi,

I'm visiting New York from November 15th to the 24th. I have only recently been introduced to DEH but am already in love with it. I have been frantically combing through the internetlooking for tickets, but since those are Ben's last days they are almost all sold out. I found a $275 ticket on stub hub for the 21st, after Ben leaves. Is it worth it? And whats the deal with extra fees?

Thanks!
"

No way to know how the show will be with Noah Galvin- the next Evan starting after Ben, but having seen both Ben and MLB as Evan I can say that the show is great with any good Evan so as long as Noah is bringing it- I'd say it's worth it to get a ticket for then. I'd reccomend holding out, though and trying out the clue day method (my method for doing that was just regularly checking Telecharge from the current date to November 19th and having the site select my seat for me, that was the quickest way to just jump to an available ticket- I got a single ticket to see Ben at regular price fairly easy using this technique and I sad tickets pop up at various times of day when I changed. I'd say 2/3 times a ticket would show up. You can just do this by regularly checking the 15th-19th or 24th and then checking it often starting on the 10th). I wouldn't go for StubHub unless as a last resort. Also if you can do cancellation line- I can imagine there will be a small boost in then right after Ben leaves so that could be a benefit to you! 

You have a wide window of time that can be used and a decent enough budget if you're able to pay $275+StubHub fees so I don't think it should be too rough to get ticket. This thread has a wealth of knowledge in it as well I'd reccomend reading through it all. Also from someone who paid too much on StubHub for no reason back in June don't make any brash decisions for ticket purchasing lol! I managed to make up for it thanks to this threads great advice helping me get a Orchestra seat at regular price to see Ben Platt which balanced out my foolish brash ticket buying the first time. 

theatretenor2
#660Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 4:23am

Also, to everyone. There's an alternative to StubHub that sells the same tickets without the fees. It's called TickPick. Excellent service. Can't recommend them enough.

Elizabeth141 Profile Photo
Elizabeth141
#661Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:31am

Hi guys! 

I've been lurking this board for a while and trying casually on telecharge, but this Friday I'm actually off from school and work and hoping to go to NY to see it. Is today the start of the 4 day rule or is it tomorrow? Also if I can't get a telecharge ticket, I'm going to go up to do the cancellation line. I did the Hamilton cancellation line in 2016 and for that I got there the night before. People for this line don't seem to be doing that though. Would love some advice/insight on both the best ways to lurk telecharge for tix and the cancellation line.

Thanks!

chuckydisc
#662Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 2:41pm

Elizabeth141 said: "Hi guys!

I've been lurking this board for a while and trying casually on telecharge, but this Friday I'm actually off from school and work and hoping to go to NY to see it. Is today the start of the 4 day rule or is it tomorrow? Also if I can't get a telecharge ticket, I'm going to go up to do the cancellation line. I did the Hamilton cancellation line in 2016 and for that I got there the night before. People for this line don't seem to be doing that though. Would love some advice/insight on both the best ways to lurk telecharge for tix and the cancellation line.

Thanks!
"

From this morning till dinner today it's possible seats are made available on Telecharge.

For the cancellation line, sometimes you need to be there by noon, sometimes midnight, to be first.

michaelhale
#663Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 3:30pm

theatretenor2 said: "Also, to everyone. There's an alternative to StubHub that sells the same tickets without the fees. It's called TickPick. Excellent service. Can't recommend them enough."

First off: I am so glad you got to see the show on your trip! Congrats! Secondly: how was your experience with TickPick? When did you purchase the tickets, were they PDF or mailed to you, and what's their protection policy? I like StubHub as my go-to last resort because they are so big and have such a tight protection policy, but if I could get the same thing with less fees I would switch in a heartbeat.

Chloe Starbird
#664Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 8:24pm

michaelhale said:]
No way to know how the show will be with Noah Galvin- the next Evan starting after Ben, but having seen both Ben and MLB as Evan I can say that the show is great with any good Evan so as long as Noah is bringing it- I'd say it's worth it to get a ticket for then. I'd reccomend holding out, though and trying out the clue day method (my method for doing that was just regularly checking Telecharge from the current date to November 19th and having the site select my seat for me, that was the quickest way to just jump to an available ticket- I got a single ticket to see Ben at regular price fairly easy using this technique and I sad tickets pop up at various times of day when I changed. I'd say 2/3 times a ticket would show up. You can just do this by regularly checking the 15th-19th or 24th and then checking it often starting on the 10th). I wouldn't go for StubHub unless as a last resort. Also if you can do cancellation line- I can imagine there will be a small boost in then right after Ben leaves so that could be a benefit to you!

You have a wide window of time that can be used and a decent enough budget if you're able to pay $275+StubHub fees so I don't think it should be too rough to get ticket. This thread has a wealth of knowledge in it as well I'd reccomend reading through it all. Also from someone who paid too much on StubHub for no reason back in June don't make any brash decisions for ticket purchasing lol! I managed to make up for it thanks to this threads great advice helping me get a Orchestra seat at regular price to see Ben Platt which balanced out my foolish brashticket buying the first time.
"

Thanks for answering! I've been checking almost every day for the past two weeks and it seems like all the tickets are locked up until 11/24. Will they not show up until closer to the performance day or is there a specific time I should be checking telecharge? It seems like every time I check only the same ticket on the 24th is available. 

lm121362
#665Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/9/17 at 11:44pm

On Saturday, October 7, I arrived at 4:30am and was 6th in line. #1 arrived at 11:30pm the night before (line sitter), #2-3 arrived at midnight (line sitter and his wife), and #3-4 arrived at 1:30. 

2 regular seats, 2 partial views, and 1 standing room were released between 10:30-noon. At 1pm the people wanting only evening were moved down to the Carousel theater (previous Comet theater) to be out of the way, so I'm not sure if anyone else got tickets for the matinee.

The line was moved back to in front of the theater around 6pm. A total ofAt 6:30, one pair of regular tickets were released. There was one standing room ticket released at 7:00pm. 3 more tickets were released at 7:55pm. At 8:01 pm, we got the last 2 single tickets. Mine was in the next to last row house right. My mom's was the 6th row back house left.

If you must see the show with Ben and are going with another person, here is what I recommend: one of you camp out all night. Switch off in the early AM, then again later in the day. Rather than both waiting, relieve each other throughout the day so you can rest. I did this both times and it allowed us to both feel rested for the show.

Also know that line times can vary. Two weeks ago I was first in line at 4:30am; this week I barely got a ticket. If you want to see Ben (and YOU SHOULD), and have only one chance, then go early.

Of the three times I did the line, I saw people with a last minute extra ticket sell the ticket to someone in line, so bring cash just in case.

Use the Marriot for bathrooms (8th floor), the theater's coat check to store your bags, and a food delivery service like Grubhub to keep you fed. People in line are usually kind and willing to hold places for each other for a Starbucks run or bathroom break.

michaelhale
#666Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/10/17 at 7:10pm

Chloe Starbird said: "michaelhale said:]

You have a wide window of time that can be used and a decent enough budget if you're able to pay $275+StubHub fees so I don't think it should be too rough to get ticket. This thread has a wealth of knowledge in it as well I'd reccomend reading through it all. Also from someone who paid too much on StubHub for no reason back in June don't make any brash decisions for ticket purchasing lol! I managed to make up for it thanks to this threads great advice helping me get a Orchestra seat at regular price to see Ben Platt which balanced out my foolish brashticket buying the first time.
"

Thanks for answering! I've been checking almost every day for the past two weeks and it seems like all the tickets are locked up until 11/24. Will they not show up untilcloser to the performance day or is there a specific time I should be checking telecharge? It seems like every time I check only the same ticket on the 24th is available.
"

I would reccomend starting on the morning of the 11th checking fairly regularly for the 15th-19th, I bought my Wednesday ticket on a Saturday at around 12:30, there were three tickets available and they stayed up for about an hour before selling out. This is Ben Platts last week so it might be different, though. The week after should be regular, though. 

theatretenor2
#667Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/10/17 at 8:16pm

michaelhale said: "theatretenor2 said: "Also, to everyone. There's an alternative to StubHub that sells the same tickets without the fees. It's called TickPick. Excellent service. Can't recommend them enough."

First off: I am so glad you got to see the show on your trip! Congrats! Secondly: how was your experience with TickPick? When did you purchase the tickets, were they PDF or mailed to you, and what's their protection policy? I like StubHub as my go-to last resort because they are so big and have such a tight protection policy, but if I could get the same thing with less fees I would switch in a heartbeat.
"

Thanks michaelhale. For the most part, TickPick is essentially selling the same tickets through the same brokers as StubHub. I stumbled upon them while searching for ticket brokers on Yelp. Since they are the same, the tickets could be digital or they could be mailed. If it gets to a point where tickets wouldn't make it in time, they will offer the tickets at a location within a convenient distance to the theatre. My guess is that it's the same location as StubHub. My experience was phenomenal. I didn't hesitate either as they had fantastic reviews on Yelp and Facebook.

Musikal
#668Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/11/17 at 3:30pm

Hi all, I need some advice.   

This is me: https://youtu.be/BF-MtSxapDs  We had 48" of water in our house in Harvey and lost everything that was downstairs.  My teen daughter who has a lot of anxiety listened to Dear Evan Hanson pretty continuously and it totally got us through all of the stress.

My daughter and I really want to see Ben before he leaves and it became so much more important after the flood so I talked my husband into tacking on a trip to NYC at the end of a road trip to Michigan to visit his family.  We will drive from the Detroit area to NYC on Wed Oct 18th (10 hr drive)  and leave Sat morning the 21.  So I have a Thurs and Fri to buy tixs, we could possibly do the Wed 7:30 show.  I've been looking at the Thurs show.

There are 5 of us going to the show. I can split however is needed- 2 and 3, 4 and 1; 2 2 and 1; whatever works.  (3/2 or 4/1 would be best if we have to split.)  

Stub Hub tixs start at 400 and there's another 120 each tix in fees.  There's some on TickPics in the 400-500 range.  When I first looked around a week ago there were some around $350 on Stub Hub but don't see those anymore. I thought prices might decrease as the date became closer but as I look at the tixs they seem to be going up.

I'm looking at the 4 day trick on Telecharge, have those still been popping up?  I'm afraid to risk not getting the tickets.  I can still probably manage some of the $400 but I can't afford 500/600 each.  I was hoping if I could get 2 or 3 on the Telecharge then the Stub Hub price becomes more affordable if I am getting fewer tickets.  I could hire some of the line sitters but feel it's unlikely I would get 5 seats.  Since we only have 2 days in NYC don't want to waste it on sitting in line. Also since I am on vacation with family it's hard to check telecharge every 10 mins as needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#669Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/11/17 at 4:57pm

It’s gonna be almost impossible, I hate to say. 5 people is a lot, especially for a sold out show. I’d say your best bet is probably going to be seeing it on two different dates (some go to the Wednesday, some go to the Thursday) and keep trying the Telecharge method. Stubhub prices will drop probably and if yourr willing to pay $400, you should be fine. I would strongly consider you start considering not being able to see the same exact performance.

wolverine3
#670Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:23pm

I concur with Leswickedly - figure out how the max $ budget you want to spend and just buy via stubhub.  Buy them for your three kids and go in with the expectation that they will be the ones seeing the show.  You and your husband can try the lottery or telecharge method but odds are quite slim given that you're only in town for two days.

Exitstageleft
#671Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/11/17 at 10:31pm

Musikal said: "Hiall, I need some advice.

This is me:https://youtu.be/BF-MtSxapDs We had 48" of water in our house in Harvey and lost everything that was downstairs. My teen daughter who has a lot of anxiety listened to Dear Evan Hanson pretty continuously and it totally got us through all of the stress.

My daughter and I really want to see Ben before he leaves and it became so much more important after the flood so I talked my husband into tacking on a trip to NYC at the end of a road trip to Michigan to visit his family. Any advice would be appreciated.
"

I’d say buy two tickets for your daughter and one other person, then get tickets to another show for the rest of those in your party. 

Last Saturday, my daughter saw DEH alone (I was able to secure one ticket via the 4-day out thing) and then got $30 rush tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong for me and my husband (which is playing right down the street). 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#672Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/13/17 at 3:18pm

Non-premium seats for Tuesday 10/17 have just been released on Telecharge.

greenifyme2
#673Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/13/17 at 3:21pm

CT2NYC said: "Non-premium seatsfor Tuesday 10/17 have just beenreleased on Telecharge."

I don't see them - gone already?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#674Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 10/13/17 at 3:28pm

greenifyme2 said: "CT2NYC said: "Non-premium seatsfor Tuesday 10/17 have just beenreleased on Telecharge."

I don't see them - gone already?
"

Looking at N 26-28 right now. I'll release them so someone can scoop 'em up.

Videos