pixeltracker

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread- Page 28

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread

ElephantLoveMedley
#675Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 11:17am

Can people stop with the rudeness on here?! Jesus. I follow pop culture much more than the average person, I’d say, and I have also never heard of Maren Morris before. Stop with the pile-on for an inoffensive comment. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#676Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 11:19am

It wasn't inoffensive, it was snarky, from someone who regularly claims to know more than everyone else.

Updated On: 8/22/22 at 11:19 AM

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#677Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 4:12pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Can people stop with the rudeness on here?! Jesus. I follow pop culture much more than the average person, I’d say, and I have also never heard of Maren Morris before. Stop with the pile-on for an inoffensive comment."

Amen to this! And there's a flip side to deriding someone for not knowing every Grammy-nominated Pop/country crossover artist -- acting superior because you do isn't much of an accomplishment either. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#679Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/30/22 at 2:01pm

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Can people stop with the rudeness on here?! Jesus. I follow pop culture much more than the average person, I’d say, and I have also never heard of Maren Morris before. Stop with the pile-on for an inoffensive comment."

What's rude about it? They stated they follow pop culture and didn't know this person. We simply said you clearly don't follow it well enough because she is a well known name. "The Middle" was a GIANT pop hit. That's all. Don't state your opinions if you don't want people to comment on them.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#680Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/30/22 at 2:03pm

Geezuz, keep links for articles not photos.  Come on, now.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread

Globefan
#681Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/30/22 at 2:07pm

It feels like things are FINALLY getting underway

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#682Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/30/22 at 3:10pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Geezuz, keep links for articles not photos. Come on, now.

"

Thank you for sharing the picture, Brody, but like... why do you care so much how it is shared? I can't help but feel like it personally bothers you at a deep level lol.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Globefan
#683Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/1/22 at 2:03pm

Kiera Allen is rumored to have been cast as Nessarose 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#684Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/1/22 at 2:03pm

Globefan said: "Kiera Allen is rumored to have been cast as Nessarose"

Good casting. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Globefan
#685Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/1/22 at 2:32pm

I'm excited for the official casting announcements to be made 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#686Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/1/22 at 3:55pm

Globefan said: "Kiera Allen is rumored to have been cast as Nessarose"

That would make sense. When they announced they wanted an actual wheelchair user for the role, my mind immediately went to her. She was fantastic in Run. I hope she can sing.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#687Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/1/22 at 4:14pm

Kiera Allen singing

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Globefan
#688Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/2/22 at 5:53pm

Hopefully Jon Chu is able to make an official casting reveal soon 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#689Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/3/22 at 4:55pm

'Wicked' Movie Casting Rumors for All Roles, Plus Every Confirmed Actor So Far! https://www.justjared.com/2022/09/02/wicked-movie-casting-rumors-for-all-roles-plus-every-confirmed-actor-so-far/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#691Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/13/22 at 10:06pm

Nearly a year later and still no other casting news...

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Globefan
#692Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/13/22 at 10:27pm

I think they have people cast but will make it "Deadline-official" closer to the time they start shooting 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#693Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/13/22 at 10:57pm

I saw rumors about Jonathan Bailey being cast as Fiyero on Twitter. Of the names passed around so far, he would make most sense.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ElephantLoveMedley
#694Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/13/22 at 11:08pm

The current rumor mill is as follows:

• Fiyero: Jonathan Bailey
  • Boq: Ethan Slater
  • Nessarose: Kiera Allen
  • The Wizard: Tons of names, including Steve Martin, Bryan Cranston, Michael Keaton, André de Shields…
  • Madame Morrible: It had been Hannah Waddingham for a while, but Michelle Yeoh has emerged recently which would make sense given her connection with Jon Chu.
  • Megan Stalter is also rumored to be playing Shen Shen or Pfannee.  

Obviously, none of this is official but this is where we are at this stage in rumor land. 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#695Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/14/22 at 10:12am

ElephantLoveMedley said: "The current rumor mill is as follows:

• The Wizard: Tons of names, including Steve Martin, Bryan Cranston, Michael Keaton, André de Shields…
  • Madame Morrible: It had been Hannah Waddingham for a while, but Michelle Yeoh has emerged recently which would make sense given her connection with Jon Chu.

Obviously, none of this is official but this is where we are at this stage in rumor land."

Given Hannah’s role in Hocus Pocus 2 I can’t see her doing two witch roles in a row. Michele Yeoh would be INSPIRED casting! She’s got that ability to be both stunning yet terrifying at the same time. 

Jonathon Bailey is a decent choice but he is very short. When the entire point of Boq’s character is that he’s short you can’t have a Fiyero that’s only a tiny bit taller than him. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#696Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/14/22 at 10:42am

Jonathon Bailey is a decent choice but he is very short. When the entire point of Boq’s character is that he’s short you can’t have a Fiyero that’s only a tiny bit taller than him.

Bailey is 5’11”.  He’ll tower everyone, including Erivo who is only 5’.

Globefan
#697Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/14/22 at 10:56am

Michelle Yeoh would fit Morrible like a glove

Seb28 Profile Photo
Seb28
#698Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/14/22 at 11:05am

Globefan said: "https://ew.com/movies/cynthia-erivo-wicked-defying-gravity-singing-method/"

What she is trying to say is: I will sound like I have no interest at all in what I am singing, just like I have "sung"  and "acted" all my previous roles. My style, without any efforts to sound like I mean it.

AEA AGMA SM
#699Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 9/14/22 at 11:25am

Plannietink08 said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "The current rumor mill is as follows:

Obviously, none of this is official but this is where we are at this stage in rumor land."

Given Hannah’s role in Hocus Pocus 2 I can’t see her doing two witch roles in a row. Michele Yeoh would be INSPIRED casting! She’s got that ability to be both stunning yet terrifying at the same time.

"

Never mind that Jonathon Bailey’s reported height is 5’11”, height is really easy to work around in movies. Look at The Hunger Games, where they were able to mask the fact that Jennifer Lawrence has about 4” on Josh Hutcherson, or all of the techniques used for The Lord of the Rings to make the Hobbits appear Hobbit sized, many of them done practically on set with forced perspective and creative camera set ups.

Videos