broadwayboy223
#700Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/29/17 at 10:16pm

I want it to be Betsy Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#701Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/29/17 at 10:58pm

CindersGolightly said: "Hmm...JIM replied to GeorgeandDot but not to Itonlytakesajourney.....good sign?"

I'm holding on to the hope of no Ambrose, and it looks like it might just come true... JIM, what do a poor flower girl, pie-serving waitress, and former Cuban singer have in common? 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#702Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:32pm

I hope it’s betsy.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#703Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:37pm

The actress is one funny girl, that's for sure.

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#704Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:05am

Doesn't look like they'll have to worry about the accent.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#705Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:12am

Will tickets go on sale the same day as the announcement?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#706Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:36am

GeorgeandDot said: "The actress is one funny girl, that's for sure."

You heard it here first, folks. It's Annaleigh Ashford.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

broadwaysfguy
#707Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:43am

dont tease us cinders...i would love to see annaleigh do it 

she has the acting, singing and comedic chops for this

GeorgeandDot
#708Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 1:34am

I'll just say that her performance will surely be so amazing that you'll still be thinking about it when you're six feet under.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#709Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 1:45am

Ambrose. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#710Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 2:06am

JIMG3 said: "GeorgeandDot said: "Blink twice if a certain Sher favorite who has yet to win a Tony award is involved as a certain character's father."

Blink, blink
"

TAKE ALL MY MONEY

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

broadwayboy223
#711Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 2:19am

Ugh :/ 

GeorgeandDot
#712Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 2:31am

Look, Sher's a great director that knows how to get great performances out of his actors.  No matter who he goes with, this is guaranteed to be a great production.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#713Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 8:49am

^100% agree GeorgeAndDot, this will be fabulous no matter what. I know nothing about Ambrose but I'm excited to become more familiar with her now. 

Anyone want to spill the beans on Higgins? I would ask for Dinklage in a veiled way, but I don't know GoT enough to pun it :P. 

schubox
#714Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 9:49am

GeorgeandDot said: "I'll just say that her performance will surely be so amazing that you'll still be thinking about it when you're six feet under."

Frances Conroy out of nowhere 

schubox
#715Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 9:51am

CorkySt.Clair said: "^100% agree GeorgeAndDot, this will be fabulous no matter what. I know nothing about Ambrose but I'm excited to become more familiar with her now.

Anyone want to spill the beans on Higgins? I would ask for Dinklage in a veiled way, but I don't know GoT enough to pun it :P.
"

I don’t the Dinklage thing has ever existed outside this thread 

GeorgeandDot
#716Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 9:52am

Frances Conroy would be lovely as Mama Higgins, but I'm kind of hoping that part went to Mary Beth Peil.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#717Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 9:53am

So...we talking early or late next week for the announcement? 

JIMG3
#718Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:13am

kade.ivy said: "So...we talking early or late next week for the announcement?"

I’m thinking the earlier part of the week.  

JIMG3
#719Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:17am

Itonlytakesajourney said: "CindersGolightly said: "Hmm...JIM replied to GeorgeandDot but not to Itonlytakesajourney.....good sign?"

I'm holding on to the hope of no Ambrose, and it looks like it might just come true... JIM, what do a poor flower girl, pie-serving waitress, and former Cuban singer have in common?
"

I wouldn’t recommend holding on to that hope. As for the riddle you’ve posed; in this case nothing. 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#720Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:18am

The Lauren Ambrose criticisms are unfair. They are simply coming from a fanboy mentality of those on the board fantasizing their favorites in the role.  Sher deserves some credit and faith here in his casting choice.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

JIMG3
#721Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 10:37am

QueenAlice said: "The Lauren Ambrose criticisms are unfair. They are simply coming from a fanboy mentality of those on the board fantasizing their favorites in the role. Sher deserves some credit and faith here in his casting choice."

Yes, unfair and unfounded. I appreciate the level of apprehension, concerning her status as an unknown in the theatre industry, but Sher wouldn’t have given her a second thought, if he wasn’t convinced she had what it takes. His work speaks for itself.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#722Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:00am

JIMG3 said: "QueenAlice said: "The Lauren Ambrose criticisms are unfair. They are simply coming from a fanboy mentality of those on the board fantasizing their favorites in the role. Sher deserves some credit and faith here in his casting choice."

Yes, unfair and unfounded. I appreciate the level of apprehension, concerning her status as an unknown in the theatre industry, but Sher wouldn’t have given her a second thought, if he wasn’t convinced she had what it takes. His work speaks for itself.
"

Agreed. I totally trust Sher. I know little about Ambrose but am genuinely excited to see the Sher/LCT take on this glorious show, regardless of the cast. 

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#723Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:19pm

Who's Freddie?

JIMG3
#724Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
Posted: 9/30/17 at 12:27pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "Who's Freddie?"

We’ll find out next week. I have no idea. 

Videos