pixeltracker

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches- Page 3

TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches

ellbellthomps
#50TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 9:23am

"Is her phone the only way she can log that information? It might be the most convenient, on the go way, but there has to be other ways. There has to be other, less distracting ways to do that."

Sorry if I wasn't clear. She logs on paper, but if she has to correct/check her BG it's on a phone because it's all digital. 

She could also test it herself I'm sure, but that would be more distracting. 

Anyways, shes 12 and I highly doubt I or my parents will be taking her to see any shows where this would be necessary so I'm not too worried, just an example about any sort of exceptions for others.  

hearthemsing22
#51TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 9:52am

ellbellthomps said: "

"Is her phone the only way she can log that information? It might be the most convenient, on the go way, but there has to be other ways. There has to be other, less distracting ways to do that."

Sorry if I wasn't clear. She logs on paper, but if she has to correct/check her BG it's on a phone because it's all digital.

She could also test it herself I'm sure, but that would be more distracting.

Anyways, shes 12 and I highly doubt I or my parents will be taking her to see any shows where this would be necessary so I'm not too worried, just an example about any sort of exceptions for others.

"

Ahhh/ Got it. Yes, I have heard of this before, but I'm surprised modern medicine has made it so that people have to use their phones in a setting like a theatrical performance. With things like Fitbits in the world, I'd think you could use something like that, something even smaller than a smartwatch to monitor something so it's not as distracting. But I feel like I'm being insensitive. =/ 

UsedToBeTheKing Profile Photo
UsedToBeTheKing
#52TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 9:59am

Gotta echo the sentiments here that most of my cell phone horror stories come from adults. Last December, a man in front of me was wrapping up a business call during the Beetlejuice overture (no idea how he could hear over the music). As inconvenient as this is, at least the pouches can give the people convinced they are the CEO of Amazon/Google/Facebook a night off from compulsively checking work emails, and prevent the show from being ruined for the rest of us.

I just hope they remember to check for two phones! Do you go through a metal detector first before you go inside, so they can be sure no one's hiding a phone? 

mailhandler777
#53TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 10:05am

hearthemsing22 said: "JSquared2 said: "Image result for ryan the office i need my phone"

HA this will be the reaction of every young person who goes to see the show. They can't go (insert time length of show) without using their phone, or "getting audio". Absolutely no respect. They're seeing an A-list cast! They should just be living in the moment without that.
"

I see more older people using their phones at shows then I do younger people. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#54TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 10:05am

ellbellthomps said: "It makes complete sense to me because of the nudity. There should be some sort of exceptions, though. My sister has her diabetes data logged into her phone and the only way she can fix it without interrupting the audience is to just grab her phone quick and check her blood sugar.

Or, if you have small kids. Phones are used for more than entertainment.
"

If she checked before the show started and at intermission wouldn't that be more than enough? Apparently you only have to lock your phone once you enter the seating area.

Small kids shouldn't matter either. If you can't go out without being contacted for a 60-90 minute clip at a time than maybe you shouldn't be out to begin with. It's amazing how any of us actually survived without these things in the past. 

hearthemsing22
#55TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 10:49am

You think it’s only older people because they’re more obvious when they don’t know how to work something. Younger people know how to be a lot more sneaky when they do things like record a show. Others ask them to get “content” so they either find out a way to film the show or record it via audio. They’re less obvious but they’re still disrespecting the actors.

Pashacar
#56TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 11:09am

hearthemsing22 said: "You think it’s only older people because they’re more obvious when they don’t know how to work something. Younger people know how to be a lot more sneaky when they do things like record a show. Others ask them to get “content” so they either find out a way to film the show or record it via audio. They’re less obvious but they’re still disrespecting the actors."

Yeah, I find that aural distractions (ringing, alarms, etc.) are more likely to come from older patrons, while visual ones (glowing phones, smart watches, etc.) are more likely to come from younger ones. To make a broad generalization, the former group doesn't entirely know how to use their cell phones, while the latter group thinks they can and should be used constantly. In comes Yondr, the great equalizer!

Updated On: 3/4/20 at 11:09 AM

hearthemsing22
#57TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 11:55am

Pashacar said: "hearthemsing22 said: "You think it’s only older people because they’re more obvious when they don’t know how to work something. Younger people know how to be a lot more sneaky when they do things like record a show. Others ask them to get “content” so they either find out a way to film the show or record it via audio. They’re less obvious but they’re still disrespecting the actors."

Yeah, I find that aural distractions (ringing, alarms, etc.) are more likely to come from older patrons, while visual ones (glowing phones, smart watches, etc.) are more likely to come from younger ones. To make a broad generalization, the former group doesn't entirely know how to use their cell phones, while the latter group thinks they can and should be used constantly. In comes Yondr, the great equalizer!
"

YES :) I'm with you on that! 

JSquared2
#58TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:04pm

ellbellthomps said: "It makes complete sense to me because of the nudity. There should be some sort of exceptions, though. My sister has her diabetes data logged into her phone and the only way she can fix it without interrupting the audience is to just grab her phone quick and check her blood sugar.

Or, if you have small kids. Phones are used for more than entertainment.
"

Nope -- sorry.  If you can't withstand 90 minutes of separation anxiety from your kids -- or if 90 minutes is a life or death health matter -- you shouldn't be going out to the theatre.  

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#59TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:10pm

I won't hand my phone over. Just say you didn't bring it. They can't strip search you.

hearthemsing22
#60TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:14pm

BenElliott said: "I won't hand my phone over. Just say you didn't bring it. They can't strip search you."

I sincerely hope you're joking. If you can't go that long without your phone I think there are issues there. I went to an event last week where they required us to put our phones in pouches before we saw the attraction we were being given a sneak peek of. It was amazing just to have that experience and walk around and enjoy what I was experiencing instead of viewing it all through a screen. And guess what? I SURVIVED. If you really feel that strongly, or are okay with lying, that's a problem. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#61TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:23pm

And you keep your phone (inside its pouch) on you. You aren’t giving it to anyone. We had this process at all four of the recent Madonna concerts I attended and it was amazing. I’m fairly addicted to my phone and I didn’t miss it at all.

Updated On: 3/4/20 at 12:23 PM

trpguyy
#62TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:31pm

When I saw Freestyle Love, a woman in line next to me was extremely anxious about the Yondr pouch. The staff was very patient in explaining to her how it all works and that she’s still have her phone with her. She ultimately decided to leave.

hearthemsing22
#63TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 12:35pm

trpguyy said: "When I saw Freestyle Love, a woman in line next to me was extremely anxious about the Yondr pouch. The staff was very patient in explaining to her how it all works and that she’s still have her phone with her. She ultimately decided to leave."

….are you serious? She couldn't sit there for what-90 minutes knowing she wouldn't be able to access her phone? Good riddance, I say. If you seriously need to have your phone available to you at all times, why on EARTH would you buy a ticket to a show? Especially if it's told to you that you can't use your phone, o that you'll be using those pouches? Didn't they say in the ticket holder emails that the production used them? This is SAD. 

trpguyy
#64TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 1:00pm

She must have been dealing with some anxiety and/or addiction issues (yes phone addiction is very real), and was polite the entire exchange, but her body language made it clear that she needed to have access to her phone. It was difficult to witness.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#65TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 1:11pm

I think this is great for this show in particular. There is way too much footage and photography of the original cast out there. That's a sexual violation. In the wake of the WSS scandal we do need to adapt law to change with the times. Taking a nude image of someone without their consent, and in terms of entertainment, without their written consent to publish or distribute is incredibly violating. These are actors who did not sign up for that. It has to be incredibly disconcerting. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

hearthemsing22
#66TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 1:11pm

trpguyy said: "She must have been dealing with some anxiety and/or addiction issues (yes phone addiction is very real), and was polite the entire exchange, but her body language made it clear that she needed to have access to her phone. It was difficult to witness."

Oh man. If that's the case I feel awful =/ 

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#67TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 1:53pm

I've now attended two shows that used Yondr pouches and I loved it!

Dolly80
#68TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:03pm

Anyone complaining about this needs to get a grip of themselves or don’t go. How anyone can’t cope without their phone for a few hours is beyond me. Go to the area they will have for using them/outside and check it in intermission if you have to.

I’ve used these pouches at Madonna and a comedy gig and it was so quick and easy to do before and after. It’s a brilliant idea.

MemorableUserName
#69TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:38pm

I've never used the Yondr pouches before and have been reading up. What kind of fabric or material are they made of? Given all the concern about the Coronavirus now, are they cleaned after every use? This won't affect me, since I'm going to the first preview and I assume the pouches will be brand new (I hope), but just curious.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#70TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 2:45pm

MemorableUserName said: "I've never used the Yondr pouches before and have been reading up. What kind of fabric or material are they made of? Given all the concern about the Coronavirus now, are they cleaned after every use? This won't affect me, since I'm going to the first preview and I assume the pouches will be brand new (I hope), but just curious."

If I remember correctly they’re a canvas type material and they’re not cleaned as far as I know.

MemorableUserName
#71TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:03pm

Yikes. Well, at least people can keep their handwipes on them... (I've always been a bit of a germaphobe. Recent events haven't helped that.)

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#72TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:08pm

I plan on just leaving my phone in my car for this if I see it.

LxGstv
#73TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:20pm

Eh, I enjoy taking a picture of my seat to upload it to seatplan, but it’s not the end of world. I’ve been to movie screenings where they announced beforehand that they would keep everyone’s phones locked away during the movie, I just leave my phone at home for those situations and it’s perfectly fine!

JSquared2
#74TAKE ME OUT will be using Yondr pouches
Posted: 3/4/20 at 3:25pm

MemorableUserName said: "I've never used the Yondr pouches before and have been reading up. What kind of fabric or material are they made of? Given all the concern about the Coronavirus now, are they cleaned after every use? This won't affect me, since I'm going to the first preview and I assume the pouches will be brand new (I hope), but just curious."

I don't imagine that Yondr makes new pouches for every event they use them for.  

Videos