pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 3

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#50LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:43pm

Believe me, if it wasn't going to happen, I'm sure the performers' agents would have immediately taken action. Silence = truth.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#51LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:44pm

Oh ****. Those damn Mayans were right about 2012 after all.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#52LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:45pm

Everything has been ruined FOREVER.

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

jimmycurry01
#53LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:51pm

Taylor Swift does not seem a very good choice. Amanda Seyfried could pull it off though. Thankfully neither role is particularly large, and may be even smaller in the film.
I find it rather humorous that someone would ask if Russell Crowe can sing when Google is right at your fingertips.

beautywickedlover
#54LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/3/12 at 11:58pm

Everyone needs to give Taylor a chance! I've seen her live twice and she's very good. Amanda Seyfried is a good choice for Cosette.

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#55LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:07am

@jimmy- I guess I should have been a little more clear. I was trying to illicit the opinions of BWW posters if Russell Crowe could sing. Thanks!

supportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
#56LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:17am

oops- solicit- not illicit! That's what I get for typing while watching football- but you get what I meant- I hope!

ActingIsLovee
#57LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:26am

I don't understand why they cast Taylor. Obviously she's a big name, I get that, but the movie already has enough big names (bigger names, in fact) that they don't need her.

Having only seen Amanda in Mean Girls, I can't really comment on her.

also not sure if this has already been posted, but Hooper allegedly wants to have them sing 'live' for the film?
http://www.fusedfilm.com/2011/12/tom-hooper-wants-to-shoot-les-miserables-with-live-singing/
that should really make for an interesting "On My Own"

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 12:26 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#58LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:45am

I wonder which one of Taylor's ex-boyfriends people will think "On My Own" was written about.

Just dreadful news.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 1/4/12 at 12:45 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#59LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:48am

Well it'll be a country song, so it'll be about her StepDaddy who beat her and her Momma before running out on them and leaving them with no money.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#60LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:51am

Will a guitar just materialize out of thin air for on my own?

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#61LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:02am

Eris, that gif is awe-inspiring. I did a literal lol when I saw it.

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#62LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:05am

While it doesnt thrill me and I was hoping for more interesting casting, if Amanda is opera trained why wasnt she better in mamma mia

Jordan Catalano
#63LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:07am

Why wasn't everyone better in Mamma Mia?

Frank thebellhop Profile Photo
Frank thebellhop
#64LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:08am

I have my imdb ap set up to send me alerts when anything changes and have yet to receive one so I'm hoping this will all be a terrible rumor. Although I think Taylor is a pretty talented young artist and has the potential to become something special this would not be a good move for her. Slapping her on the screen with a cast as talented/musical theatre heavy as this will just make her look silly. I think she'd have a much better shot at longevity and respect if she followed the Carol King mold a (decent)singer/(great)songwriter.

beautywickedlover
#65LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:28am

Speaking of 'Mamma Mia' Pierce Brosnan being cast as Sam was a very bad casting choice. I really like him as an actor, but he never had a singing lesson in his life and sounded just plain bad.

Taylor has been singing and writing songs since she was a little girl. I sincerely doubt that her singing will be like Brosnan's Also, if her voice is not strong enough, then can blend it with someone else's like Rosalind Russell's was in the film adaptation of 'Gypsy'.

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 01:28 AM

Jordan Catalano
#66LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 1:29am

I'd love to hear them mix her voice with Roz Russell's.

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#67LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 3:34am

Can Amanda Seyfried even sing properly? Mamma Mia is very different from Les Mis. I don't doubt her acting, but maybe they'll dub both actresses.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#68LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 6:38am

I'd be OK with Seyfried, but Swift's casting would completely destroy the movie's credibility. I just can't see Tom Hooper, Oscar winning director, picking a performer who can't sing OR act for a role that demands a high quality of both talents.

If he casts her he might as well not bother taking any care with the rest of the casting, it won't matter. You might as well get Justin Bieber and MIley Cyrus. And the only people who'll go see it are Taylor's 14-year-old teen girl fanbase.

However, so far the only source of this is a film site I've never heard of, so right now I'm hoping it's just another rumor of the 'Jamie Campbell Bower offered Enjolras' variety.

NYTheatre01 Profile Photo
NYTheatre01
#69LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:14am

Oh My! Taylor Swift!!! They have got to be kidding! If she is smart, she will turn down the role. Won't be good for her career!

Jordan Catalano
#70LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:16am

Elaborate on that one, please.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
Jordan Catalano
#72LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:18am

Well it's not fair to compare her when she's standing alongside the next Miss Marple.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#73LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:43am

On My Own will be morphed into a medley with You Belong To Me. Taylor's rags with turn into a ball gown and she will fly over the audience in 3D. It's gonna rock.

Oh and don't forget all the ties-ins. The Eponine Body Sprays at Walgreens and the Les Mis Bare Minerals Make-Up Collection and Taylor's new fragrance, "On My Own" at Sephora.

Plus, making the film will fuel Taylor's songwriting prowess into into gold for her next album. More triumphs and tribulations for America's Sweetheart!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#74LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:51am

"I have my imdb ap set up to send me alerts when anything changes and have yet to receive one so I'm hoping this will all be a terrible rumor. Although I think Taylor is a pretty talented young artist and has the potential to become something special this would not be a good move for her. Slapping her on the screen with a cast as talented/musical theatre heavy as this will just make her look silly. I think she'd have a much better shot at longevity and respect if she followed the Carol King mold a (decent)singer/(great)songwriter."

Exactly. Well said.

Videos