News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

What songs do you skip?

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#50re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 12:09pm

I AM NOT WEARING ANY UNDERWEAR TODAY.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#51re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 2:03pm

On the Wicked recording, I always skip "Something Bad", "Dear Old Shiz", "Wonderful", and "Sentimental Man". If I'm not in the mood for them, I will skip "Dancing Through Life" and "Thank Goodness". They are both incredible, but also incredibly long, songs.

CJR
#52re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 2:12pm

Something Bad -- Wicked
Santa Fe -- Rent
SOL -- Rent
Little Bit of Good -- Chicago

Broadwaygirl, you're not alone... I adore Without You from Rent...

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#53re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 2:28pm

I love "Without You" as well. How can you skip "Santa Fe"? I must ask you that.

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#54re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 2:33pm

for me i skip:
avenue q: im not wearing underwear today
hairspray: good morning balt. and reprise, i know where ive been
tmm: they dont know, nuttycracker suite, sweet mystery of life..., and muquin
wicked: sentimental man, and something bad
yagmcb: schroeder, it sad to say but i usually do skip happiness

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#55re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 2:36pm

"Too Much Exposition," "Tell Her I Love Her," "We're Not Sorry (reprise)" - Urinetown

"It Takes Two," "Big, Blonde and Beautiful," "The Big Dollhouse," "Good Morning Baltimore (reprise)," "I Know Where I've Been" - Hairspray

"Getting Out of Town," "Sunny Side to Every Situation," "42nd Street Reprise" - 42nd Street

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#56re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 3:20pm

I think its funny how everyone agrees on which songs to skip on the Wicked CD. Are you reading this Schwartz?
and add me to the list, I always skip "something bad" and "sentimental man" and usually "wonderful"...and sometimes I just go to the end of that song so I can hear Idina sing "that does sound wonderful." lol

J. Profile Photo
J.
#57re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 3:23pm

Idina sings on that track?! I better go listen.

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#58re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 4:44pm

i usually do that too! i love her in that even if the part is so miniscule.
wonderful!

shesings
#59re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 4:47pm

I think I skip Santa Fe on both Rent and Newsies. Maybe someone should outlaw making songs about that place. No that its not a perfectly lovely city of course, but the msuical variety just doesn't do it for me.

CJR
#60re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 5:32pm

I dunno, I just never liked Santa Fe....

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#61re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 5:35pm

OMG, crazy smiles and Chip, I do that too. I usually only listen to the part where the piano gets really good (around 3:20) and then to the part where it gets faster and Idina sings, then the little dance break!

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

moonys_autumn
#62re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 7:07pm

"Miss Baltimore Crabs" on Hairspray, though I don't always skip it.
The only songs on Wicked I really listen to are "What is this Feeling," "Popular," "Defying Gravity," and "No Good Deed." Though now and then I listen to other ones... They should have kept "The Wicked Witch of the East" and cut out part of the hour long musical interlude in "Dancing Through Life" though they say "Wicked Witch..." gives to much away, if someone can recognize voices and has listened to the "March of the Witch Hunters" they'll know Boq (sp?) is the tin man...

If only you could know the things I long to say... if only I could tell you what I'm dieing to convey...

scottwalker
#63re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 7:45pm

Updated On: 7/9/04 at 07:45 PM

Theatre_Lover Profile Photo
Theatre_Lover
#64re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 8:43pm

"I think I skip Santa Fe on both Rent and Newsies. Maybe someone should outlaw making songs about that place. No that its not a perfectly lovely city of course, but the msuical variety just doesn't do it for me."

How can you skip Santa Fe on Newsies? lol, just kidding. I do love that song, but I find myself skipping it as well.

I skip all the same songs i Wicked, and I confess that I play "No Good Deed" twice everytime. I skip most of the love songs on "Scarlet Pimpernel": Believe, When I look at you, Home or whatever it is. And Prayer, most of the time, although I look it when he hits that note at the end! I skip most of Cats, listening only to Jellico Cats (or however you spell that), Rum Tum Tugger, Mungo Jerrie and Rumpleteaser, Macavity, and Mr.what's-his-name.

Skip "Hello Little Girl" and almost every other song the Witch isn't in -- jk. Am I the only one who doesn't like "Moments in the Woods"?

Greens, greens, and nothing but greens! Parsley, peppers, cabbages, and celery!

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#65re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 8:48pm

I love RENT to death, but I skip "Seasons of Love" everytime. That song has been played out as much as Nicole Kidman.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#66re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 8:48pm

I skip a lot of songs on the Caroline, Or Change CD (they just aren't the same when not performed live). I also skip Dear Old Shiz on the Wicked CD, and I HATE Beth Fowler's rendition of Dont Cry Out Loud on the The Boy From Oz soundtrack. I love her and her voice but I just did NOT enjoy her rendition.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#67re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:11pm

I always skip Seasons of Love B...it's annoying as hell.

But I like Seasons of Love.

BWayBoy88
#68re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:22pm

I always skip over the Overture or songs without singing.

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#69re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:24pm

I always skip "mama" in Chicago
"prima Donna" in POTO... can't think of any others

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#70re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:44pm

more i thought of-
keep it gay- the producers
all of meg's songs- damn yankees
something bad, the intro to wonderful,everything after boq's solo in dancing through life (which i far prefer on the cd as opposed to live [with the chorus coming upunder his last note])-wicked
nuttycracker suite- tmm
home and its reprise(sae the last seconds thats the drumroll into gaston)
all of the boy from oz except 4 songs

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#71re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:46pm

"Sentimenal Man" - Wicked
"Without You" - Rent. I know a lot of people like that song, but... it's the same two notes over and over again!
"Pass the Football" - Wonderful Town
"Two Little Words" and "Mister Cellophane" - Chicago. I only skip those songs on the Broadway CD. I listen to every song on the movie soundtrack.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#72re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/6/04 at 12:10am

two little words? ummm what the hell is that? i can't seem to recall it on the cd

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

skingdom
#73re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/6/04 at 12:31am

I love moments in the woods...are you talking on the original or the revival?

I hate the songs Boy George sings in Taboo...just awful.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#74re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/6/04 at 12:40am

That's kind of ironic that it is HIS muscial but people hate the songs that Boy George sings. Huh....Anyway, another song I skip is "Don't Like You" from Beautfiful Game. While I love Webber to death and Love this musical, that song just sucks. What was he thinking? Oh well.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Videos