pixeltracker

rudest people at stage door- Page 3

rudest people at stage door

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#50re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:50pm

how about rude people waiting at the stage door. who push there little and retarded kids to the front. and put the playbills in your face while screaming things to the performers. ( example like to idina menzel,"i'm so glad u didn't die")

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

Che2be Profile Photo
Che2be
#51re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:52pm

Molly Ephraim was pretty bitchy at me during her INTO THE WOODS run at the Ahmanson in LA.

Robert

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#52re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 2:53pm

MadeofGold...Secret Garden was 13 yrs ago...give up your grudge. The guy probably had a bad day. AND he has made it up in spades to his fans since then.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#53re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:01pm

This is sorta embarrassing...but my friend's dad used to work on a television show in the city. And her and I were backstage one day while they were taping, and Jamie Lee Curtis was supposed to be one of the guests. So my friend and I were in the ladies room singing showtunes of all sorts, and we didn't notice that there was someone in one of the stalls. When the person exits the stall, it is non-other then Jamie Lee herself. She asked us what show we were singing from (Scarlet Pimpernel), told us we sounded good and then began to sing Memory from Cats for us. She was a doll!

Hunter Foster is pretty wonderful outside the stagedoor---but I think he's wonderful in general.
Lea Salonga is probably the biggest bitch going. Updated On: 8/31/04 at 03:01 PM

Fair 2 Middlin Profile Photo
Fair 2 Middlin
#54re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:07pm

Good for you.

I'm sure there are some people who think Lea Salonga is a doll.

Thank you so much Fair. You are such a "Bewitching" HUSSY! -(DAME 12/2)

LittleFish8386
#55re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:22pm

Apparently I can't have my own feelings or stories about certain performers, huh Fair 2 Middlin?

Anastasia said that Lea was unfriendly at the stagedoor, and you didn't have a wise remarks about it? Geez... Updated On: 8/31/04 at 03:22 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#56re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:24pm

Michael McCarty in oklahoma- i was about 15 at the time and very timidly asked him for his autograph, he shoved past me and told the group to go to hell

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Fair 2 Middlin Profile Photo
Fair 2 Middlin
#57re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:28pm

Sorry littlefish, all I said was good for you.
You were the 3rd to tell me how sweet Jamie Lee was/is. She was still nasty to me.
I'm not saying you can't have your own feelings. Go ahead and have them.

Thank you so much Fair. You are such a "Bewitching" HUSSY! -(DAME 12/2)

LittleFish8386
#58re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 3:29pm

Sorry...she might have been mean---no big deal. Let's be friends!

NativeNewYorker
#59re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:15pm

This is funny, once I was outside a theatre after a show and some random girl came up to me and started talking...I thought she said, "The show was really good" and I'm thinking to myself, "Why is this random kid talking to me?" I went, "Yeah, I know!" and walked away.

My friend was standing off to the side and goes, "That girl just said, 'You were really good'...and looked like she wanted to hand you her Playbill to sign...and you walked away saying, 'Yeah, I know!'"

There was an actress in the show that I slightly resembled (same size, same hair)...

So...somewhere out there there's a Broadway fan who thinks that this certain actress is really rude and full of herself :)

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#60re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:20pm

MadeofGold...Secret Garden was 13 yrs ago...give up your grudge. The guy probably had a bad day. AND he has made it up in spades to his fans since then.

Ummm..I'm sorry, what grudge are you talking about? I posted that I had one bad incident with Mandy Patinkin and that I was crushed. I'm not really harping on it or anything....

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#61re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:39pm

Maybe Hunter was having a bad day. It wasn't at the stage door, but it was right before he had to go to a matinee o LSOH. So maybe he was just tired.

#62re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 4:48pm

I've not encountered any rude performers yet, but I've encountered plenty of rude fans at the stage door. I just have to shake my head when I see these little dorks just shoving their Playbills and posters at the performers without so much as a please or thank you. And worse yet, they call out to the performers like they were their long lost friends...what ever happend to Mr. or Mrs.

I remember getting Michael Crawfords autograph one evening after a performance of DOTV(Yes, I know it sucked) and all these fans were putting their Playbills in Mr. Crawford's face and yelling Michael, Michael! He had his head down and was not looking at anyone or saying anything. I'm sure some thought he was being rude. When he got to me and signed my Playbill, I said "Thank you Mr. Crawford". He raised his head, looked me in the eyes and said, "You're welcome". It was probably the first time he's heard those words.

Also, many performers are tired of seeing the same people over an over again, asking for autographs. They probably figure that people who get a lot of things signed are just going to sell them on e-bay. I was recently watching at the stage door of Dracula and several of the cast members and Frank Wildhorn refused to sign one guy's poster because they had already signed another poster for him. I can see why some performers are cautious with some of these people at the stage door.

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#63re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 5:04pm

Patti LuPone definitely. Waited for her after Noises Off totally blew off her fans. And Rick Lyon. He was just rude.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

MargoChanning
#64re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 5:10pm

Regarding Vanessa Redgrave, remember that she lost her mother during the run of "Long Days Journey Into Night" and, trouper that she is, she didn't miss any performances (coming from an acting family, it's part of her ethic to never miss a show for any reason -- they arranged to have the funeral on her day off). Add to that the fact that she was doing one of the most emotionally-wrenching roles in one of the most difficult (and longest) plays in the canon, and I think it's more than understandable why she'd leave by the back door some nights and want to avoid the fans (I've met her a few times over the years in various settings and always found her to be extremely gracious and friendly).

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#65re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:33pm

I don't understand all this Rick Lyon hatin'! He's one of the nicest people I've ever met at a stage door.

It was Jai Rodriguez who I got a bad vibe from. Which is terrible, because I was such a fan of his and had been waiting all summer to see him. Oh well. He's still a good performer.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#66re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:44pm

I really hate to bash Rick Lyon, but when i met him, i just got a bad vibe from him. He didnt seem to care what he was doing (and it shows in the picture i took with him) and he seemed kinda rude (for lack of a better word).
He was the only one i got a bad vibe from...all the other broadway performers i have met in the past were very sweet.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#67re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 6:55pm

Rick is just a pretty shy guy. He may just be a bit uncomfortable chatting with fans offstage. And thats OK.

I think that Rick may just seem extra out of sorts if you compare him to the rest of the AVENUE Q gang, who arewithout exception, the most outgoing and friendliest cast I've ever seen.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

jezzebelle
#68re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 7:42pm

Heather Headley was kind...of cold. Not rude, but dismissive.

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#69re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 7:43pm

I was actually thinking the same thing about Vanessa Redgrave, Margo. It seems to make sense that her mother's passing was understandably part of why she didn't stop to sign. Like I said, she was very sweet and charming that time I caught her during previews.
And about Rick Lyon...I really agree w/ those who said they think he's shy. When I asked him for his autograph after the show, he really did seem suprised that anyone wanted his autograph. Most people were mobbing John and Stephanie. He was quiet, but seemed kind of touched that someone wanted his autograph.

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#70re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 8:41pm

That's what he was like with me. When I asked him for his autograph, he seemed very appreciative (I don't want to say "surprised", but maybe). And as he was signing he was talking to me and joking around. He actually got me to laugh, which is amazing, because when I'm at a stagedoor I'm always too tense to laugh. Go Rick! Updated On: 8/31/04 at 08:41 PM

Spooky
#71re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 9:02pm

Dame Maggie Smith growled at me, literally
And Alan Rickman did the same (I have no luck with the Harry Potter people obviously)

I find it insensitive when someone shows up with a photo and I have a playbill the photo gets the full name signature and my playbill gets the intials, so for those celebs who like the whole "blue pen" going on ebay things I say puh-lease, it's free publicity and if people want to sell your autograph you should thank them. They had to stand there, wait for you, listen to the speech you may give about them selling the stuff. I just get sick of hearing it, answer your fan mail then.
clunk
I just fell off the soapbox...sorry

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#72re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 9:13pm

Delphine~
I wasn't bashing Rick Lyon. He is a talented guy who obviously loves his job. He must have been having an off nite or something. I just got a bad vibe off him that night. People are like that.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#73re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 10:16pm

It's alright Elphaba, I totally understand. Everybody said Jai Rodriguez was the sweetest thing, but I totally wasn't feeling it from him. I credit it to an off night, and still respect him as a performer. So I know what you're saying! re: rudest people at stage door Updated On: 8/31/04 at 10:16 PM

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#74re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 8/31/04 at 11:28pm

Freezing cold January evening after a solo show -- Mandy Patinkin was very generous with his time and extremely gracious with the many people who waited quite a while for him. I was impressed, never imagining he'd spend any amount of time in that freezing cold late night weather. Updated On: 8/31/04 at 11:28 PM

Videos