News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The "Idina Hands"

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#50re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 3:09pm

Ummm I was being sarcastic. Six is like, a lot.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#51re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 3:13pm

I love Idina. End of story.

fliboi78
#52re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 3:28pm

well the going rate from grandmas in the midwest is about...j/k. no, i am just infatuated with this musical. just like into the woods. i am just glad i am a flight attendant and am able to get around cheaply. it allows me to splurge on tickets!

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#53re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:34pm

Yeah, I'm agreeing with people that most of the Elphabas do the hand gestures. I think on Shoshana's first official night (1/11), she was waving her arms around so much that she knocked her hat off during "Defying Gravity". LOL.

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#54re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 5:39pm

Kristy Cates waved her arms around a lot as well. Come to think of it, so did Stephanie J Block...I think it might be an Elphaba thing...

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#55re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:30pm

Idina has the biggest singing mouth?

Did NOBODY see Heather Headley in Aida?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#56re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:35pm

Or Jennifer Holliday singing "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"?

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#57re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:35pm

maybe she is just a horrid actress who doesn't know anythign else to do with her hands.....

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#58re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 6:43pm

Not to go off thread, but luvtheemcee, you said Adam...hands...pants?...*twitches* yesssssss *doesn't apologize for her inner sex addict* Sorry, he's just hot...and has pretty hands. Have ye pictures, me dearie?

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#59re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:14pm

Well...it's not that bad. But it's still amusing. :)
Idina Hand Action!

This is my signature.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#60re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:16pm

andyf, I love you.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#61re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:35pm

I LOVE Idina Menzel. I Don't understand why people on this board hate her. You guys say she's a horrible actress...but which one of us is the complete triple threat? And if she's such a bad actress, why does she have a Tony?

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#62re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:40pm

And if she's such a bad actress, why does she have a Tony?

-LOOK, I love Idina for her talent and her natural...erm..."talent" but don't make a stupid comment like that.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#63re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:41pm

You guys are great! :-P And yes it is pretty funny but what can we say? Some people just have those little -isms that follow them everywhere.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#64re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 7:49pm

I enjoy Idina for what she is, but I don't see where the "Triple Threat" comes into play. Singing? Okay. Acting? I guess. Dancing? Since when? Elphaba and Maureen are hardly dancing roles.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#65re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:05pm

She was in The Wild PArty and Hair - I dunno if she danced much though

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#66re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:11pm

Unless you count Elphaba's little dance in "Dancing Through Life". Haha.

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

Joshua488
#67re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 8:12pm

You folks are complaining about the usage of hands on Broadway?? Broadway is all about the big hands and big faces and being big and showy.

And when RENT first came out (and my sister went through a temporary RENT addiction phase with her friends which she is ashamed of now), I remember always noticing "that girl with the big mouth" on the posters and the CD cases. Who knew that, almost ten years later, I'd know her by name and be talking about her on a message board?

Liam Profile Photo
Liam
#68re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:03pm

re: The 'Idina Hands'

fliboi78
#69re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:21pm

people, i am sure it is just the direction they were given. the witch is suppose to be showing and reminiscent of the original witch from oz. when she is always looking into her crystal ball. did you see those hands/arms she was making?
i can't wait until ana gasteyer gets a hold of this role. remember ana when she does celine dion on snl?????? hilarious. she will kill someone with her arms. i would hate to be glinda in that show. hehehe

LilElphaba
#70re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:41pm

i love how she does the same things in different shows and stuff. its just....idina. and i think its cool how she has her own little way of doing things! its cute!

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#71re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:49pm

*raises hand* I have seen both Heather and Jennifer and concur that they sing with wider mouthes than Idina
But I love all three re: The 'Idina Hands'

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#72re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 9:50pm

Heather's mouth is HUUUUUUUUUUGE. Like, scary huge.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Falsettoland Profile Photo
Falsettoland
#73re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:19pm

Jennifer scares me in general, big mouth or not.
I think it's the giant chuckle she does in "And I am Telling You..."

"We are engaged in two wars, one on drugs and one on terror, that can never be won. I mean, one is a group of inanimate objects and the other is an emotion. We might as well fight a war on pasta, which I guess the Atkins people are actually doing."

Joshua488
#74re: The 'Idina Hands'
Posted: 4/14/05 at 10:29pm

OMG!!! THE GIANT CHUCKLE!!!

That is the best part! (Not really, but you know what I mean.) My sisters and I can't help but burst into fits of hysterical laughter when we hear that part. It's a big inside joke among us.

I'm not wakin' up tomorrow morning... HA HA...

Videos