pixeltracker

Who would you like to sound like?- Page 3

Who would you like to sound like?

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#50re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:14pm

I'm not even striving that far. I'd be happy if I could just carry a tune in a paper bag. I can't even do that.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#51re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:47pm

I'd say a mixture of Norbert and Gavin Creel would be very nice. With maybe a little Roger Bart thrown in.

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#52re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:47pm

Double. Post. Sorry. Updated On: 12/20/05 at 03:47 PM

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#53re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:51pm

Being a trained vocalist, I am happy with my voice. However, I guess my style is modeled after Anthony Warlow or Stokes. A classically trained voice that can adapt to the style of music being performed.

...now if I could only improve my dancing I'd be set!

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#54re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:56pm

Brian Stokes Mitchell

RentBoy86
#55re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 3:58pm

Gavin Creel or Patrick Wilson

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#56re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:00pm

Idina

- I might be smart - No day but today

Kass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
#57re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:07pm

I like my voice alright but I like Tracie Thom's much more. Sara Ramirez is quite amazing too.
Updated On: 12/21/05 at 04:07 PM

ikmbway
#58re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:08pm

I'd like to sound different then any other voice. Yes maybe sound like a certain one but still have my own to it. First I would want just any good, talented, trained voice that sounds very nice to one's ears. But if I really had to say it would be Idina's sound and Sheries belt/range.

DramaDork925
#59re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:10pm

I said to my friend once... imagine having Kristen Chenoweth's range, Idina's power and belt and Kerry Butler's tonality.

Am I cut out to spend my time this way?
Updated On: 12/20/05 at 04:10 PM

YankeesFan175
#60re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 4:13pm

the RANGE of shoshana bean and
the talent of stephanie j block

EDIT: id love to sing like kelli o'hara and tracie thoms as well

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~
Updated On: 12/20/05 at 04:13 PM

RockabyeHamlet
#61re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 5:45pm

Judy Garland :)

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

RuprechtJr.
#62re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 5:49pm

For me it's a mix of George Hearn, Gary Beach, and Chip Zien...well, maybe not a mix but to be able to switch back and forth would be nice.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#63re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 5:59pm

AUDRA!!! (surprise surpise, lol)

But I would also like the soul of Jenifer Holiday, Tracie Toms & Shoshana Bean re: Who would you like to sound like?

& if I were a guy: Norm Lewis.

kas Profile Photo
kas
#64re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 6:00pm

i would want to channel stephanie block, tracie thoms, bernadette peters, sherie rene scott or heather headley...... whenever I would need them! (can you tell that I can't decide?)

If I were a guy... Adam Pascal, Gavin creel, norbert, or michael ball.

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#65re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 6:02pm

I like my voice, I just wish my belt was a little stronger on the high notes. Of course, if I would just buckle down and take voice lessons, that would probably help a lot.

If I could have anyone's voice, it would be Lea Salonga's. It's so pure and she conveys so much emotion with it.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

kitkatt456 Profile Photo
kitkatt456
#66re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 7:14pm

I can't sing at all, so I would love to just sound like anyone that can sing. But if I had to pick someone it would be Sherie Rene Scott or Idina Menzel.

IsolatingAge
#67re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 7:18pm

Even though I'm a girl, I would love to have Anthony Rapp's voice. I don't know why. There's just something I love about it.

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

YankeesFan175
#68re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 7:19pm

i forgot to add that i cant sing at all, so id take any broadway stars voice besides my own!

if i was a guy, id definately want to sound like anthony rapp!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

justpeachy
#69re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 7:22pm

Tracie Thoms, hands down.

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
#70re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 7:57pm

"I like my voice and don't want to sound like anyone else. If I did... why would anyone hire me if they could hire that person?"

Because an unknown would be cheaper? :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#71re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 8:36pm

I'd like to sound like Sutton Foster/ Julia Murney/Laura Benanti/ Kelli O'Hara

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

B-WayHereEyeCome
#72re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 9:04pm

Haha, I love the subtle thread jacking.

"Well I have a legit voice and pretty high rock belt BUT..." or "I'm pretty happy with my voice, being classically trained and all but..", I mean, pleeease just answer the question!

Anyway, BILLY PORTER! But not poor vocal health Billy, but I'm gonna show all of y'all biznatches up with my crazy high, gospel growling, vocal riffing, bad a$$!! (for belting), and a little Mandy Patinkin thrown in for when I want to do Sondheim or something.

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#73re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 9:10pm

JULIA MURNEY

and Bernadette Peters.

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

ashley0139
#74re: Who would you like to sound like?
Posted: 12/20/05 at 9:45pm

Sutton's great mixy belt, Sherie's amazing range/belt, and Idina's pop/rockness.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos