pixeltracker

Favorite Underrated Actors!- Page 3

Favorite Underrated Actors!

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#50re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/18/06 at 11:19pm

Hunter Foster all the way. He is the man, man.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#51re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/19/06 at 12:48am

Roxane Carrasco from Chicago. I saw her go on as June and as Mama, she blew me away both times, and she was so sweet after the show.

Shawn Emamjomeh aslo from Chicago, he played the entire jury at one piont, and it's moment I still remember. SO FUNNY.

Deidre Goodwin was the best Velma I ever saw.

Norm Lewis needs a Tony.

BSM needs a Tony.

Jessica Hecht in the Revival of Julius Ceasar was INCRDIBLE.

So was Tamara Tunie.

***Renee Elise Goldsberry is such a talent. She was a powerhouse in 'Two Gentlemen...' and she broke hearts in her too-short run in TCP. She's also another incredible person to meet off-stage.

David Elder was AMAZING in 42nd Street; where is he now?

... I have many more, I'm a big fan of underrated actors, as I'm sure you can tell.

30/90 Playout
#52re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/19/06 at 11:36am

Colin Hanlon, Sarah Litzsinger, Victor Garber, Carl Lumbly

30/90 Playout
#53re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/19/06 at 11:37am

Colin Hanlon, Sarah Litzsinger, Farah Alvin, Victor Garber, Carl Lumbly

CJR
#54re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/28/06 at 11:44am

Roxane Carrasco from Chicago. I saw her go on as June and as Mama, she blew me away both times, and she was so sweet after the show.

I LOVE that you mentioned Roxane, iliketheatre! And if you loved her as Mama you would have adoooooooored her as Velma. Hands down, best Velma I've ever seen and that's all biased of friendship aside (considering I saw her play Velma before we became friends).

And I agree about Shawn Emamjomeh. Adding to your Chicago list I'd also have to say Eric Jordan Young. He's a KNOCKOUT as Billy!

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#55re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/28/06 at 11:56am

Jennifer Cody in every role she plays!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

PottstownTeacher
#56re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/28/06 at 12:30pm

OH MY GOD!!! I forgot Roberta Maxwell was Olive Oyl's mom! I damn near pee myself when she comes down those stairs outside their house in Sweet Haven and goes to Popeye ... "Are you the piano tuner or the man with the party favors?!" It's just something about her delivery. Or the part when Cole Oyl is fighting in the ring and she tells Olive to go in and get her ..."Well what good are you Olive?! Where are my pills!?!?!" (You need to know that POPEYE was the first PG rated movie I ever saw without my mom seeing it first!) And then remember when Roberta Maxwell played the reporter who breaks open the case of Norman Bates in PSYCHO III? Sorry for the thread jacking! re: Favorite Underrated Actors!

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#57re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 2/28/06 at 10:40pm

Josh Tower and Robert Hunt

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#58re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 3/1/06 at 8:54am

iliketheater, I found Renee Elise Goldsberry to be a weak point of THE COLOR PURPLE. Her portrayal of Nettie seemed to act superior to Celie. Or, it could just be in the writing. But regardless, I did not find Nettie to be a very likable character.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

bdwybug55
#59re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:06am

Brent Barett, Deidre Goodwin

GetsFan Profile Photo
GetsFan
#60re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:39am

William Daniels

Julianne Moore

Norm Lewis

Malcolm Gets

Mary Testa

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#61re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:47am

When I read the title to this thread, I was thinking more of performers that haven't gotten a ton of recognition or aren't usually the leads in shows, movies, etc. Just my opinion only, but for me Julianne Moore doesn't qualify. She's a movie star! :) And I love her - but she's crazy famous and very respected.

That said, I agree with the comments about Jeffrey Carlson, Kevin Cahoon, etc. For me, Jason Wooten comes to mind. He has a tremendous voice and is extremely talented. He was wonderful in Rocky Horror and had a gorgeous song in Dance of the Vampires. I think he was recently in Vegas doing We Will Rock You? Anyway I don't think we've seen enough of him. I'd love to see him back on stage here in NY.

And can I add Will Chase here? I hope he has the chance to create a role on Broadway that he can be nominated for. He's just brilliant!

Mandy Gonzalez seems to be getting her shot now and again. Sadly she keeps showing up in flops (that I happen to love!) What's she up to lately anyway? I miss her!

I could go on and on. It's such a crowded field. Unfortunately with so many talented people there are many I'd consider underrated.

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

#62re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:56am

Thank you Feathah! I started this thread and I did indeed mean actors who were truly underrated. Julianne Moore is hardly in that category. However,I do think she's wonderful. With four recent Oscar nods - She's doing fine!

I<3bway Profile Photo
I<3bway
#65re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 8:42pm

I think Patrick Wilson is underrated. He is just so handsome and has so much talent! He should be put in more leading roles in tv shows or movies. I loved his work in Phantom of the Opera and Angels in America. Updated On: 5/25/08 at 08:42 PM

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#66re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 8:45pm

melissa fahn should def be the lead glinda....shes fabulous

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

la_vie_boheme_et_moi Profile Photo
la_vie_boheme_et_moi
#67re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 9:00pm

Jason Danieley
(Oh, I hope I spelled that right...)
Does Orfeh count?

Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Little Prince", 1943

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#68re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 9:04pm

Kathy Voytko, who understudied Stephanie J. Block in Pirate Queen last year. I was fortunate enough to be able to see her as Grania one of the times she went on, and then was able to see her as Clara in Passion and Fantine in Les Mis regionally this year. She has gotten some of the best roles in musical theatre (she was also Evita on tour back in 04) - she needs her own leading role on Broadway.
Updated On: 5/25/08 at 09:04 PM

Zeitoujo
#69re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 9:08pm

Natalie Cortez

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

esparza 333
#70re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 9:21pm

Sarah Uriarte Berry

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#71re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 9:29pm

Absolutely true!

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#72re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 10:04pm

Alli Mauzey as Galinda--WOW! And In Cry-Baby, Screw Loose is fantastic!

Steven M. Goldsmith as Frankie Valli in Chicago...DOUBLE WOW!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

sgv123
#73re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 10:05pm

beth curry
natalie cortez

Zeitoujo
#74re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 10:09pm

leigh ann larkin.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Hiram
#75re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/25/08 at 10:17pm

Ernestine Jackson
Leila Martin

TiffanyB Profile Photo
TiffanyB
#76re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
Posted: 5/26/08 at 1:13am

Lauren Kennedy, Carol Swarbrick

Don't know if you would really consider them underrated but, Dee Hoty, Matthew Morrison and Kelli O'Hara.

Videos