pixeltracker

The hardest you ever laughed..- Page 3

The hardest you ever laughed..

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#50re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 8:10am

Thats easy - the original Broadway cast of "Noises Off". I have never laughed so much and so hard in one evening (and I've seen all the other shows that have been mentioned).
Dorothy Loudon and Company were amazing.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#51re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 8:25am

Laughed: THE PRODUCERS with Nathan & Matthew
DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

Cried: LES MISERABLES

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

mrcacou Profile Photo
mrcacou
#52re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 8:29am

Laugh :
The Producers with the Original London Cast when Carmen leaves the room showing only his arm disappear for a minute or so. Made me wet my pants.

Cry :
The end of the first act of The Beautiful Game in London. I think I still haven't recovered.

In my heart, I found the answered dream, and in my soul I found the song, and in my friends I found the magic, the love, the moon up above- they were mine, all mine, all along..!

broadwayjim42
#54re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 8:41am

Before this past April, I would have said it was the original cast of "Noises Off."

The April 29th performance of "Xanadu" changed that. Not only was the entire performance even funnier than usual, but Jackie's business with my friend Pocketsquared Fanadu's pocket sqaure made me lose it big time. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard and that long...and it's preserved for posterity even though us average Joes will never be able to see it.

"title of show" killed me too, but Jackie and "Xanadu" that night are in a class by themselves.

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#55re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 9:38am

LAUGHED: The revival of Noises Off. When Peter Gallagher sat on the cactus, I was literally screaming! The next time I laughed that hard was at the recent production of Bette and Boo--that funeral scene killed me. Is He Dead would probably be a third, for that Act II transformation scene alone.

CRIED: The Light in the Piazza. Usually, I couldn't stand once the lights came up because I'd still be crying from Fable.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#56re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 9:39am

The Noises Off revival, bar none. The only thing to come close is Boeing Boeing.

TheatreGuru2
#57re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 10:01am

Laughed:
The first time I saw Urinetown, when Spencer Kayden smacked into the wall on roller skates I died!

Urinetown in general. Gaffaws througout.

Boeing Boeing I was hoarse from laughing so hard.

Cried:
1st Time I saw Rent Mimi's Death/In your Eyes
Passion- Absoutly heart breaking

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#58re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 10:43am

Laughed: Xanadu, The Drowsy Chaperone, [title of show]

Cried: Sunday in the Park With George (the recent revival), The Light in the Piazza, and the end of [title of show]

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#59re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:02am

Laughed
Dog Sees God; Confessions Of A Teenage Blockhead (Marcy and Trica especially)
Bad Girls The Musical
Legally Blonde The Musical
November
Little Dog Laughed

Cried
Rent

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#60re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:08am

The first, second and third times I saw Noises Off in San Francisco. The fourth time I saw Noises Off in London (2002).

Geoff Hoyle in The Convict's Return (Berkeley Rep).

When Godzilla shows up in Yankee Dawg You Die (Berkeley Rep).

Laughter on the 23d Floor (Broadway): I laughed the whole show, but darn if I could tell you what the jokes were a half hour later.

The Light In the Piazza bit in Forbidden Brodway: SVU in Chicago.

"Spell Cat" in Spelling Bee, Chicago.

Charlamagne saying before "War is A Science" when asked about the plan said "Let me tell you. No. I have a better idea. Let me sing it for you." I laughed so hard (3d row Center) that the actor (Eric Christmas?) stopped, winked at me and waited for me to stop. This was the Pippin tour in SF circa 1978.

iluvtheatertrash
#61re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:53am

Three words: Kendra Kassebaum's "Popular".

Me? Dead.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#62re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:55am

Laughed

AVE Q

Cried

SITPWG Revival

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#63re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 11:56am

Avenue Q, Spelling Bee, [Title of Show] and Boeing-Boeing have made me laugh the hardest.

trekchristi
#64re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:01pm

1) Altar Boyz- I had no clue what the show was about going into it and I just laughed the entire show.

2) Spamalot- I think I had tears throughout the show. Christopher Sieber was hilarious as well as the rest of the cast. My mom has never seen me laugh so hard.

Roscoe
#65re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:09pm

Laughed:
The Carpe Noctem number in DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES, one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a stage, and it was completely unintentional. Glorious.

THE LIEUTENANT OF INISHMORE -- hands down, the funniest play I've ever seen in my life.

Pretty much anything involving Bill Irwin. The man is a GOD.

Cried: I was very moved by the revival of THE NORMAL HEART, and the final scene of SPRING AWAKENING gets me every time.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#66re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:12pm

I didn't think I was going to make it all the way through "The Mystery of Irma Vep," starring the late, legendary Charles Ludlam. I was laughing so hard, I felt out of control, and I almost wanted it to stop.

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#67re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:21pm

"Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" Norbet Leo Butz was hilarious!

broadwaybaby086
#68re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 12:55pm

Laughed: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (went in with no idea what I was seeing, hadn't seen the movie), and also The Little Dog Laughed. Julie White. 'Nuff said.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

philcrosby
#69re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:11pm

First Place: The original cast of "Noises Off"

Second Place: "The Producers"

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#70re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:22pm

Laughed: Have to agree with others who mentioned the original production of Noises Off with the incomparable Dorothy Loudon. Truly hysterical.

As for unexpected laughter, a long time ago at the now-defunct Circle in the Square Downtown (anyone here old enough to remember that?), there was a campy production of Valley of the Dolls. Something (that was funny unto itself and generated laughter) struck one audience member as extremely funny, and he had this high-pitched infectious laugh that got not only the whole audience howling, but the cast as well. The show literally came to a halt due to everyone laughing so hard. Every time the laughter started to die down, it would pick right back up again.

Cried: the final performance of the original run of ACL, during What I Did For Love and continued thru the finale.

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#71re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:36pm

For me, it has to be the first time I saw Hedwig, in Lexington, KY. It was a tour that was passing through.
When he says..."We were becoming so popular The Sizzler called..what? Who asked what is The Sizzler? Turn Up the house lights!!" And he runs into the audience and starts reading this lady, with a string of profanities and hilarious insults. I was crying with laughter.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#72re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:48pm

It was The Producers - until I saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I thought the first time I saw the whole show* was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Then I saw it right after Jonathan Pryce came in. He was unable to look at Norbert without completely losing control - especially during Ruprecht. I didn't think it was possible to laugh that hard!

*the first time I saw Scoundrels I was only able to make it through the first act. I had a broken leg and it started throbbing right at the start and by intermission it was unbearable. I thank the gods of the theatre who made me go back and try it again!

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Queen of the Night
#73re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 1:50pm

Laughed: Spamalot and Avenue Q, although DRS was pretty hilarious

Cried: Les Mis, Miss Saigon and the recent JCS tour (yeah, I knew what was going to happen at the end, I just wasn't prepared for the full emotional impact of Ted Neeley's performance--it blew me away!)

ChecksintheMayo
#74re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 2:03pm

During "Epic Proportions," when Ruth Williamson's character told Louise (Kristin Chenoweth), "Oh honey...you can't act."

Unintentionally, the first time I saw Elton John's Aida, during "I Know the Truth." Sherie Rene Scott was giving it her all, belting to the rafters...then down came the Giant Condom of Matrimony, and I completely lost it. My laughter was probably heard for blocks.

Updated On: 9/16/08 at 02:03 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#75re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 9/16/08 at 2:35pm

[title of show]. laughed and cried.

Videos