RENT tour thread

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#50re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:02pm

The guy who played Angel had his cell phone out?! How very disrespectful. Not only to Jonathan Larson, but also to the people who paid to see the show. Unbelieveable.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical
Updated On: 1/7/09 at 03:02 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#51re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:06pm

Yeah. It really disrupts the show for everyone around them, who also paid good money. I mean, I know it adds to their enjoyment of the show, but it's very rude to the people around them.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

broadwayrob
#52re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:06pm

I was also there last night. Great show as was mentioned. Horrible stage door experience. Not to mention an ass-backwards lottery. They distributed the tickets 15 minutes before showtime. Seriously. And yes, creepy cowbell girl singing, she scared the hell out of me. Nothing worse than picking up your tickets and hearing this ghostly voice singing Another Day. Oh and jlc, I think the crazies that you saw out in the rain.. just to the right of the stage door, yeah that was me and my friends.

On a side note. I really hadn't truly experienced the phenomenon of fangirls, as crazy as that sounds. What ticked me off about the stage door is that you had those girls who after getting their autographs/pictures/whatever, just stood there and everyone else behind them just stood there and didn't get a chance to really meet anyone. It was annoying. So I will join the anti-fangirl ranks. Death to all.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

jagfkb
#53re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:11pm

Celra, shut up... go in a ditch with your edited RENT cds, and your crazy sreams... and watch the filmed version on your phone... really... noone cares for your comments...

Also, if you're so much of a RENT fan, how dare you insult Jonathan Larson's work! Also, isn't the protest SUPPOSED to be funny?

jagfkb
#54re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:11pm

Celra, shut up... go in a ditch with your edited RENT cds, and your crazy sreams... and watch the filmed version on your phone... really... noone cares for your comments...

Also, if you're so much of a RENT fan, how dare you insult Jonathan Larson's work! Also, isn't the protest SUPPOSED to be funny?

jlc6314 Profile Photo
jlc6314
#55re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:12pm

Broadwayrob - Were you guys huddled in that little indentation to get out of the rain? If so, then I definitely saw you, lol. The whole lotto screw-up was absolutely ridiculous. Everyone was so worried they wouldn't be able to get to their seats in time, but it seemed to work out okay. They're changing it for tonight, though, thank god.

No day but today.

Shannon Bo Dannon Profile Photo
Shannon Bo Dannon
#56re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 3:29pm

The show sounds great, I can't wait to see it.

Celra, you're not coming to the Dallas stop are you?

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#57re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 4:19pm

Yes it's supposed to be funny....But it's NOT

Nobody cares for my comments? Whatever they can deal with it.

As for me going to Dallas....I dunno I'm going to a few of them in a couple of states Pittsburg and Philly for sure.

Depends what my friends James and John can get me and how far they are willing to drive and or fly.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#58re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 4:37pm

Can you provide us with a schedule so we know when to either avoid you or shut you up?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#59re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 4:46pm

Sadly No because I don't know when I'm going the only date so far set in stone is in Feb.

Manny2
#60re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 8:57pm

Now I understand why there's a movement to legalise abortion.

And, as mentioned before, every theatre has a different policy. Last year in Miami it was rush. That was pretty crazy, I was third in line to two girls who had camped out the entire day. Close to 50 people showed up, so I considered myself lucky to get tickets.

I hope it's the same this year at the Tampa stop.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#61re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:03pm

^ LOL!!

And I hope they do rush here in Chicago. I hate when shows have lotteries. I like how Rush policies ensure that people who really want to see the show can see it.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#62re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:09pm

MOOOO................MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You're not a real fan of RENT until you MOO with Maureen!

Eyedeena and Eddenne both told me so! Even Nikol3tt3!

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#63re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:27pm

'As for me going to Dallas....I dunno I'm going to a few of them in a couple of states Pittsburg and Philly for sure.' Celra 1/7/09

Okay...... not only is Over the Moon soooooo NOT funny, but both Pittsburg & Philly are now States. Someone better add 2 more stars to the US flag before Celra flees to Canada for a pee.

And also dear, it's spelled 'Pittsburgh'.

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup
Updated On: 1/7/09 at 09:27 PM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#64re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:29pm

*snort*

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

RachelO Profile Photo
RachelO
#65re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:30pm

I'll be there this Sunday afternoon.

I know this sounds a bit ridiculous--but where is the stagedoor? I've been to the theatre here in Cleveland numerous times, and I cannot seem to locate it. I figure I might as well make an effort to find it this time. Hmmm...

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#66re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:33pm

Go out the SIDE door of the Palace, not out the way you came in, and turn immediately left. It's less than a hundred feet down.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#67re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:33pm

I would have never known! next your gonna tell me Tampa and Denver aren't states either? I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

There are 74 states THAT'S A FACT!

Pascalland IS a state! everyone knows this!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#68re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:36pm

I am weeping tears for the youth of America.

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#69re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:41pm

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."
Updated On: 6/12/20 at 09:41 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#70re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:42pm

re: RENT tour thread

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Manny2
#71re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:42pm

don't worry danmag.

We're not all bad. Some of us aspire to do things with our lives.

And Celra, Pascalland is not a state....it's a territory...

crzyray Profile Photo
crzyray
#72re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:47pm

I saw it opening night and it was great!! It was one of the best casts I have ever seen. I was one of the college star ushers so i may have seated some of you :-p anyways I have only seen rent once before live and i have to say this beat the Broadway cast i saw. The audience was really into it last night and i can't wait to see it again when it goes to pittsburgh!!

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#73re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:47pm

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."
Updated On: 6/12/20 at 09:47 PM

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#74re: RENT tour thread
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:54pm

re: RENT tour thread

Videos