pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 31

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

KathyNYC2
#750FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:31pm

poisonivy2 said: "Just bought a ticket March 2 for $117.50. I wonder why all the weekday perf's start at 8:00. Tjat's a late start especially for a show so designed for kids who presumably have to be in school the next day.

I'm not sure why but previews are almost always in at 8 pm. I'm sure they will adjust for regular performances after it officially opens. 

broadwaybinge Profile Photo
broadwaybinge
#751FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:37pm

KathyNYC2 said: "I'm not sure why but previews are almost always in at 8 pm. I'm sure they will adjust for regular performances after it officially opens."

I'm assuming this is to accommodate rehearsals during the day. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#752FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:40pm

KathyNYC2 said: "poisonivy2 said: "Just bought a ticket March 2 for $117.50. I wonder why all the weekday perf's start at 8:00. Tjat's a late start especially for a show so designed for kids who presumably have to be in school the next day.

I'm not sure why but previews are almost always in at 8 pm. I'm sure they will adjust for regular performances after it officially opens. 

I'm not so sure about that. All the shows are listed at 8:00 p.m., even after the official opening. I can't imagine they'd sell tickets listing 8:00 p.m. as the start time, then arbitrarily change it to 7:00 p.m. Logistically, that would be very problematic. 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#753FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:45pm

I'm trying to buy tickets, but does anyone know why Will Call isn't available for the USA? 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#754FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:46pm

Got my front row mezz ticket (at a non-premium price!) for April 12th! I'm pretty excited.

...And hoping this isn't like when I bought an early Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ticket thinking that regardless of how the show turned out to be, at least the set would be a spectacle worth seeing. :) Putting my faith in you, Disney!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#755FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:48pm

finebydesign said: "FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayNow this is more like it! WOW"

Wow indeed! It has a very Game of Thrones-ish feel! 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Notreallysilent 2
#756FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:56pm

I was annoyed they didn't have will call. Had to pay for the mail fee, which is annoying, but I wanted the real ticket. I do wonder why will call isn't an option.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#757FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:59pm

wish i were here2 said: "I'm trying to buy tickets, but does anyone know why Will Call isn't available for the USA? 

I believe that Will Call on Ticketmaster is only available for tickets purchased very close to the show date.

KathyNYC2
#758FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:00pm

CT2NYC said: "KathyNYC2 said: "poisonivy2 said: "Just bought a ticket March 2 for $117.50. I wonder why all the weekday perf's start at 8:00. Tjat's a late start especially for a show so designed for kids who presumably have to be in school the next day.

I'm not so sure about that. All the shows are listed at 8:00 p.m., even after the official opening. I can't imagine they'd sell tickets listing 8:00 p.m. as the start time, then arbitrarily change it to 7:00 p.m. Logistically, that would be very problematic. 

"

Yes I just checked the official website myself....and was on my way here to correct my original post as such. Previews usually do start at 8 but this schedule seems to continue for some time. That's pretty unusual...especially for Tuesday and Thursdays which most often have 7 pm or 7:30 shows regardless if they are child friendly or not. Hmmmm.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#759FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:00pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I was annoyed they didn't have will call. Had to pay for the mail fee, which is annoying, but I wanted the real ticket. I do wonder why will call isn't an option."

Order print at home. On show day, go to box office and say your printer wouldn't work.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#760FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:09pm

haterobics said: "Notreallysilent 2 said: "I was annoyed they didn't have will call. Had to pay for the mail fee, which is annoying, but I wanted the real ticket. I do wonder why will call isn't an option."

Order print at home. On show day, go to box office and say your printer wouldn't work.
"

Oh wow cool! I didn't know you could do that! 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#761FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:13pm

I always have a printout ready to go, too. But whenever I want a ticket as a souvenir, that always worked for me.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#762FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:16pm

bwayphreak234 said: "finebydesign said: "FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayNow this is more like it! WOW"

Wow indeed! It has a very Game of Thrones-ish feel! 

"

This is gorgeous! John looks excellent and I love the costume. The set is beautiful and the ice really sparkles. Is it June 26 yet?

SaveSave

JennH
#763FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:45pm

On a ticket note....I saw a pair or resell tickets for just under 10 GRAND...I can't....

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#764FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 7:50pm

Who paid for that? Beyoncé?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#765FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:17pm

That set design is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see the costumes and additional sets.

BroadwayBeebe
#766FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:21pm

My Girlfriend and I saw the prices when they went on sale and this dropped off our list real quick. Then we saw that picture and have tickets for March 8th. My excitement for the production value just shot through the roof. If nothing else Disney's money will make this nice to look at!

JennH
#767FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:35pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Who paid for that? Beyoncé?

"

Anybody who's super rich I suppose...good grief. Considering it was a resale, That can't have been the original price right?? Was even Hamilton like this?? I've heard even Dolly hasn't been this nuts. 

Notreallysilent 2
#768FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:46pm

There's no way someone will actually pay for those resale tickets. Idk what those people selling it are expecting. I'm surprised thoufh that the prices for the resale are so high considering there are still a good amount of seats for performance past April. 

VintageSnarker
#769FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:53pm

So John Riddle isn't dyeing his hair or wearing a wig to play Hans? I am now very curious about the set though. I wonder how it reads without any photo manipulation.

JennH
#770FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:10pm

VintageSnarker said: "So John Riddle isn't dyeing his hair or wearing a wig to play Hans? I am now very curious about the set though. I wonder how it reads without any photo manipulation.

"

Obviously it's possible it could have happened but I never thought he would end having do do either of them. His hair is pretty "Hans" like as is. 

brian1973
#771FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/16/17 at 1:47am

VintageSnarker said: "So John Riddle isn't dyeing his hair or wearing a wig to play Hans? I am now very curious about the set though. I wonder how it reads without any photo manipulation.

"Photo manipulation? What? It's a view from the wings.

and just because he has no wig on in that -rehearsal- photo, doesn't mean he won't in the show. It might not be ready- or it's been taken for alterations. 

brian1973
#772FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/16/17 at 1:50am

I actually think it's immoral that the official booking site of the show is charging such massively increased priced tickets. It is so greedy. It will end up damaging theatre. No show is worth that much money and more fool anyone that pays it.

i looked on Hamilton LA and the last row in the orchestra was priced at something like $699.. insanity.

VintageSnarker
#773FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/16/17 at 2:28am

brian1973 said: "VintageSnarker said: "So John Riddle isn't dyeing his hair or wearing a wig to play Hans? I am now very curious about the set though. I wonder how it reads without any photo manipulation.

"Photo manipulation? What? It's a view from the wings.

It looks like there's a filter or some kind of in-app editing. Not a judgment. Just curious how the "ice" will actually look in person.

Notreallysilent 2
#774FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/16/17 at 9:14am

I have a question. In every performance I looked at the first few rows of the side orchestra are all gone. I know that could just mean they are all taken, but did anyone see these seats available. I mean like rows a-H. I'm just wondering cuz I'm curious to see if they are holding those seats back for a lottery or something or if they were just the $117 seats so they went quick. 

Videos