pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 32

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

hearthemsing22
#775New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 4:09pm

kylegfil_ said: "This is quite the overstatement. It's not gross or racist to express concern that a show that did a lot of publicity around having a diversity consultant come in and then hire a full-time lead as a POC. If indeed Allie does join the cast, which is well-earned for her, let's hope that both her standby replacement and Talia's replacement are diverse actors. It's no slight to Allie or her work to say the show is backsliding in it's commitment to diversity in it's staff and cast.

Thanks jmfinny! 100% correct.

Allie is fantastic, talented, and has absolutely 'earned' the role as much as anyone else. As is/has Alyssa Fox and many others.

Wicked needs to continue ensuring that people of color are well represented in all roles, leading, supporting, and ensemble.

Both things are true.
"

I agree.

QueenTwinnied
#776New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/15/22 at 5:37pm

Very happy for Alison. She’s a wonderful Glinda. 

Quinn Wilson
#777New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 12/16/22 at 12:06pm

Oh the racism Updated On: 12/16/22 at 12:06 PM

clearastheday Profile Photo
clearastheday
#778New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/2/23 at 10:13pm

hayleyann said: "Can we PLEASE finally get a Mary Kate Morrissey run on Broadway???"

It looks like we will! Mary Kate posted a video to both her Instagram and Tiktok accounts of her telling her sister “casting news”, and deleted both posts once people started commenting witch emojis. Unsure if she’s standby or lead (leaning towards lead as Talia leaves in a few months), but it will be great to have her back as Elphaba nonetheless!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#779New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/2/23 at 11:21pm

That would be great, great news! 

hearthemsing22
#780New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/3/23 at 10:58am

clearastheday said: "hayleyann said: "Can we PLEASE finally get a Mary Kate Morrissey run on Broadway???"

It looks like we will! Mary Kate posted a video to both her Instagram and Tiktok accounts of her telling her sister “casting news”, and deleted both posts once people started commenting witch emojis. Unsure if she’s standby or lead (leaning towards lead as Talia leaves in a few months), but it will be great to have her back as Elphaba nonetheless!
"

I'm guessing it would be to be lead, unless they want to move Alyssa Fox from standby to principle. 

hayleyann
#781New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 7:56pm

I ssoooo saw she posted a story with the telling her sister big news but then it was gone when I clicked on it.  I'm BEGGING FOR IT TO BE TRUE.  

QueenTwinnied
#782New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:50pm

I would LOVE to have Mary Kate back as Elphaba. I was so bummed I never got to see her on tour, but I did see Alyssa Fox who is also incredible. I’m trying to remember if MK overlapped with Alyssa while MK was standby. That could be a fun reunion if so. 

hayleyann
#783New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 11:08pm

QueenTwinnied said: "I would LOVE to have Mary Kate back as Elphaba. I was so bummed I never got to see her on tour, but I did see Alyssa Fox who is also incredible. I’m trying to remember if MK overlapped with Alyssa while MK was standby. That could be a fun reunion if so."

Yea Queen MK started her standby run during Alyssa's principal run, then finished under Emily Koch's principal run. 

QueenTwinnied
#784New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/6/23 at 12:37am

hayleyann said: "QueenTwinnied said: "I would LOVE to have Mary Kate back as Elphaba. I was so bummed I never got to see her on tour, but I did see Alyssa Fox who is also incredible. I’m trying to remember if MK overlapped with Alyssa while MK was standby. That could be a fun reunion if so."

Yea Queen MK started her standby run during Alyssa's principal run, then finished under Emily Koch's principal run.
"

I thought so. That was around the time I saw Wicked on tour for the first time and was super into the show. I remember Emily Koch was temporarily the Broadway standby, then Tour principal, and then MKK took over as Tour principal. Good times 

Updated On: 1/6/23 at 12:37 AM

hearthemsing22
#785New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/6/23 at 8:48am

MKM has never mentioned NOT returning to the role...so maybe..she's joining the Broadway company in some capacity?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#786New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/9/23 at 11:23pm

when will we find out

hearthemsing22
#787New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 7:40am

Broadway Flash said: "when will we find out"

Whenever they decide to tell us LOL. I’m extremely impatient about it too, but find some other things to think about in the meantime 

hayleyann
#788New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/11/23 at 5:35pm

hearthemsing22 said: "clearastheday said: "hayleyann said: "Can we PLEASE finally get a Mary Kate Morrissey run on Broadway???"

"

I'm guessing it would be to be lead, unless they want to move Alyssa Fox from standby to principle.
"

I'm hurt and broken. It looks like that's where the rumors have settled.  And this is zero disrespect to Alyssa.  I think she's a good Elphaba.  I've seen her 3 times, both on tour and B'way (twice with Carrie / once with Kara).  She's good.

But out of the 80+ times I've seen this show across 4 different productions, I can vividly recall 5 shows.  Two of those shows were MKM.  She just absolutely commands the role.  For over 4 years now I've been waiting, hoping, knowing she deserves to lead the B'way company.  Last time I felt this way so strongly was none other than Donna Vivino, who took the standby gig and we never got that lead run from one of the greats. 

Again, props to Alyssa, she's been good for Wicked for a long time.  Nothing against her at all.  Her Christine Dwyer-style pre-flight lines are evil, angry, and awesome. 

But my goodness I cried when I thought Mary Kate Morrissey was our Wicked 20 Elphaba.  And let's just all take a look at what I still find to be the most pained, honest, cryptic, and striking Elphaba headshot:

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#789New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 6:40am

hayleyann said: “I'm hurt and broken.

For over 4 years now I've been waiting, hoping, knowing she deserves to lead the B'way company.

But my goodness I cried when I thought Mary Kate Morrissey was our Wicked 20 Elphaba."

This whole post is, to put it nicely, a lot…but aside from overly passionate fans’ desires, is this even something that SHE wants? You can think Broadway is the end-all-be-all (it’s far from it) but these tears don’t matter unless the actual person you’re crying over is ALSO hurt and broken. One look at her social media tells me that she has a pretty full and satisfying life regardless of this one specific job and hasn’t broken her yet. We can all go touch grass.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Broadway Flash
#790New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 8:37am

yes im sure she would rather be the understudy

hearthemsing22
#791New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 8:39am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "hayleyann said: “I'm hurt and broken.

For over 4 years now I've been waiting, hoping, knowing she deserves to lead the B'way company.

But my goodness I cried when I thought Mary Kate Morrissey was our Wicked 20 Elphaba."

This whole post is, to put it nicely, a lot…but aside from overly passionate fans’ desires, is this even something that SHE wants? You can think Broadway is the end-all-be-all (it’s far from it) but these tears don’t matter unless the actual person you’re crying over is ALSO hurt and broken. One look at her social media tells me that she has a pretty full and satisfying life regardless of this one specific job and hasn’t broken her yet. We can all go touch grass.

"

This is how I feel when people say "but so-and-so should have been cast!" yes, but did they want to. Did THEY want it. Did THEY want the role. Did THEY pursue it. It's none of our business and we should be happy with the cast and give them a chance, even if you already saw them. Especially if you HAVE NOT seen them. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#792New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 8:47am

I'm still bitter towards Mary Kate Morrissey, because when she came to my town in Wicked she was sick the entire weekend I saw the show (long story, saw it 3 times over the course of a weekend), yet she was all over Instagram the next couple of days going out, having a good time, etc. Social media wasn't the best place to put that out.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

hayleyann
#793New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 10:49am

fashionguru_23 said: "I'm still bitter towards Mary Kate Morrissey, because when she came to my town in Wicked she was sick the entire weekend I saw the show (long story, saw it 3 times over the course of a weekend), yet she was all over Instagram the next couple of days going out, having a good time, etc. Social media wasn't the best place to put that out."

The whole point of having a standby, especially for a role like Elphaba, is that sometimes your voice isn't there.  That is a tough sing.  That doesn't mean you're sitting at home in bed with a thermometer in your mouth all weekend. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#794New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 11:08am

I guess I'm just too old school and follow Ethel Merman's advice and while in a Broadway show "you haev to live like a f***ing nun"

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Broadway Flash
#795New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 12:39pm

If you have vocal problems, you shouldn't be going out

QueenTwinnied
#796New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 1:11pm

"I'm hurt and broken" is A LOT of emotion considering no official announcement has been made. You act like MKK hypothetically becoming a Broadway standby instead of lead is some sort of death sentence. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#797New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 1:22pm

fashionguru_23 said: "I'm still bitter towards Mary Kate Morrissey, because when she came to my town in Wicked she was sick the entire weekend I saw the show (long story, saw it 3 times over the course of a weekend), yet she was all over Instagram the next couple of days going out, having a good time, etc. Social media wasn't the best place to put that out."

You’re upset about her social media posts….AFTER you missed her? Meaning she very well could have been back in the show and still being a normal human being? Forgive my questioning, the last MKM comment must have gotten to me. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#798New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/12/23 at 1:25pm

fashionguru_23 said: "I guess I'm just too old school and follow Ethel Merman's advice and while in a Broadway show "you haev to live like a f***ing nun""

If you're being paid + selling tickets on the level of Hugh Jackman or Lea Michele or Chastain, you should live like a f'in nun. Otherwise, you should live your life as you would for any other demanding job, and sometimes that means taking breaks for vocal health, mental health, weddings, vacations, etc. The beauty of a show like WICKED especially is that it's a commodity musical, and anyone playing or standing by for those roles are going to perform well enough and give the audience a worthwhile experience.

The pearl-clutching surrounding missed performances around here is so toxic.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#799New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 1/13/23 at 12:49pm

McKenzie Kurtz is our new Glinda. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Videos