pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 33

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#800FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 1:33pm

Wow that Oaken set looks incredible. I love the Northern Light opening scrim. 

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#801FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 1:37pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "So, if we don't meet Kristof and Olaf until Act 2, what happens in Act 1 then?!

"

Do we know that we don't meet them until Act 2? Maybe the musical has rearranged the order of some of the songs/scenes.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#802FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 1:41pm

They've explained that "Let It Go" has been moved to the end of Act I, but I'm assuming they've just changed the placement of the song. There simply isn't enough plot without Kristof to last through the first act.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

brian1973
#803FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 1:50pm

I know a load of you on here have some campaign of hate towards Murin (I don't know why- I missed the whole drama) but I think you are being unfair. A tightly edited photograph in a studio is nothing like the reality on stage. They had their choice of people and they chose her. At least give her a chance.

Caissie looks FIERCE. She will slay it and her voice is so much better suited to the role than Betsy.. she's got a better belt.

Notreallysilent 2
#804FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:02pm

The person on there say all of them show up in the first act. Very curious to see how that works with Olaf since Elsa makes him during let it go.

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 02:02 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#805FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:06pm

Elsa makes Olaf at the beginning, no?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Notreallysilent 2
#806FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:13pm

If I remember correctly from the movie they make a snowman as kids and call if Olaf, but it isn't "alive". She then creates Olaf during let it go, and that's the alive version.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#807FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:15pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "The person on there say all of them show up in the first act. Very curious to see how that works with Olaf since Elsa makes him during let it go.

"

Good to know b/c man, they are really things around here. Can't wait to see the full on reviews to see how things work.

MyLife
#808FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:24pm

It was mentioned earlier that Let It Go was going to be more of a flashback moment. Maybe we meet Olaf with no mention of his origin and then the audience has an "ohhh right" moment when you see her make him during Let It Go (How long until someone shortens that song to LIG?)

Call_me_jorge
#809FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 2:30pm

JennH said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Thankfully, I'm really impressed by how regal and beautiful Caissie looks in that Elsa costume. Betsy, as we all know, would've been sensational, but each post from the show makes me more and more won over by Caissie.  

Murin on the other hand... no. I mean, really. She entirely lacks the innate spunk/cuteness that made Anna so delicious in the movie. Just looks super "Look at me! I can still pull this off!" I've never been so critical of a casting choice on here before, but I am just not about it. 

"

Agreed, and especially about the makeup someone mentioned, it's LOVELY. Now that we see her in the full ensemble, I'm sold. She really looks like I've always thought Elsa should IRL, someone more striking and angular rather than super youthfully cute and soft featured like almost every Disney heroine seems to be (and it bothers me) which should be reserved for Anna because it meshes with her personality. Betsy had the same striking look and would have been more interesting in terms of the flavor she'd bring to the role, and I still believe she'll do it down the road (Ala Steph J Block). 

As for Patti, I'm beginning to see people's point about this, but as no one has see her do it yet, I'll reserve judgment until I see her. I still think she'd right, she's got the quirk and spunk for it, she's done those roles before so I have faith she won't be as bad as people think. 

And lLOOOLLLLLLLL that picture of Betsy face over Caissies!!! I CAN'T!!! I only think it's a tad frightening merely because that angle juxtaposed on the side profile is OOODDDD!! But it's still hilarious!

"

Yeah, sorry. I'm not a photoshop expert and I just used the first picture of Betsy I found. But I agree, I too am warming up to Caissie and the picture isn't really mean to disrespect her. I'm just salty towards Michael Grandage and Thomas Schumacher.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22
#810FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:09pm

According to Reddit, Frozen Heart is the only movie song cut from the musical. Weird choice for a cut b/c that's the foreshadowing/set up of the story 

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 04:09 PM

Notreallysilent 2
#811FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:17pm

In one of the articles before it mentioned they cut the ice scene, so I'm assuming that's why they cut that song as it wouldn't really work. The person said it starts with "vuelie" but I wonder if it goes straight into the kid scene or if a new song replaced frozen hearts.  

Updated On: 8/17/17 at 04:17 PM

Call_me_jorge
#812FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:19pm

I kind of suspected frozen heart would be cut since there isn't a young Kristoff character in the show

mailhandler777
#813FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 4:58pm

I don't get that people are all saying how Patti looks too old but think that photoshop of Betsy looks fine. She looks way older than both Patti and Caissie IMO. Patti reads super young and she definitely has the charisma and spunk to play Anna. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#814FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 5:02pm

This is slightly off topic and way early, but I'm going to have an extra ticket to the performance on Tuesday, May 22. It will be Mezzanine Row C, seat 102 (I'm 101, which is the aisle). I bought on the presale and am just looking to get my money back: $153. You can speak for it by PMing me and we can settle up closer to time, as I live out of town. It will be a paper ticket, but I can show you a confirmation email to confirm the ticket's validity!

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#815FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 5:24pm

I LOVE the costumes, they're gorgeous and look a lot like the movie, but at the same time they're unique. I could see this being a contender for Best Costume Design ( MFL, Carousel, and Frozen?). I also don't understand the contempt for Patti. She looks really energetic and spunky, and I think she reads very young. I can't wait to go next year!

Call_me_jorge
#816FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 5:53pm

mailhandler777 said: "I don't get that people are all saying how Patti looks too old but think that photoshop of Betsy looks fine. She looks way older than both Patti and Caissie IMO. Patti reads super young and she definitely has the charisma and spunk to play Anna. 

"

Nobody is saying that. And Caissie and Betsy look the same age...

disneybroadwayfan22
#817FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 5:59pm

More deets:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Instead of anna and Hans falling in a boat, they fall on top of kristoff ice cart, that’s their first meeting, and then meet again in the mountains. They meet Olaf in the same way in the movie. 

The duke I mistakenly doesn’t have a solo but a small bit in a song, and a huge dance scene during “For the first time”. 

Hans song is when he gives out towels to the town folk, and another in the second act I believe, that one is small though. 

It isn’t necessarily a love song, but it is in a way. 

I believe I mentioned how Sven and Olaf are acted. Sven as a big mascot type costume where the guy is on all 4 with stilts in the back legs, Olaf like a puppet attached to the actor. 

The finale is treated as the whole company in white treated as white snow and wind, leading up to freezing with Anna. The finale actually brings back “Love is an Open Door”, referencing love again and treating love as a major theme for the show. 

Pabbie sings throughout the show and acts as a narrator essentially in the production, and hangs out in the background during important scenes sometimes. It’s an interesting take on him, especially because the the trolls become “hiddenfolk”.

mailhandler777
#818FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 8:03pm

Call_me_jorge said: "mailhandler777 said: "I don't get that people are all saying how Patti looks too old but think that photoshop of Betsy looks fine. She looks way older than both Patti and Caissie IMO. Patti reads super young and she definitely has the charisma and spunk to play Anna. 

"

Nobody is saying that. And Caissie and Betsy look the same age...

"

Betsy looks older IMO. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

BroadwayPrincess3 Profile Photo
BroadwayPrincess3
#819FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 9:22pm

Count me in as one of the people not dazzled by the costumes. Why are they so cartoon-y? I think Disney really had an opportunity to expand from the movie. A carbon-copy isn't the way to go. It lacks the creativity they've had (like with Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin).

disneybroadwayfan22
#820FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:00pm

YAY

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

ElphabaGoodman
#821FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:05pm

Would anyone be able to post a list of the understudies/covers?

ElphabaGoodman
#822FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:05pm

Would anyone be able to post a list of the understudies/covers?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#823FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:13pm

Sad to see they still have "For The First Time in Forever (Reprise)". My least favorite part of the movie. I mean, "deep deep deep deep snow?" Really Lopezes? I hope they've changed that lyric at least. 

Other than that, I'm excited by the song list! Looks like some great potential based on the titles and placement. Curious to see what they have to change to make Let It Go work as an act 1 closer. Theoretically they could just not show what happens to Elsa at all after the coronation until that number, but it might be weird to see her going through this life-changing epiphany so long after the events that instigated it. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#824FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/17/17 at 10:54pm

JBroadway said: "Curious to see what they have to change to make Let It Go work as an act 1 closer. Theoretically they could just not show what happens to Elsa at all after the coronation until that number, but it might be weird to see her going through this life-changing epiphany so long after the events that instigated it. "

Not only that but Elsa creates Olaf DURING "Let it Go" in the movie. The movement of the song means there has to be a new way he is created for Anna and Kristoff to encounter him before "Let It Go" closes out Act 1.

Videos