pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 38

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#925The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/9/16 at 11:38pm

none of those are great, but neither is the one they decided on. The off-Broadway art was my favorite.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#926The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:08am

So, interestingly, the Hamilton official website has updated to reflect Javi as the new Hamilton principal, and it has listed Lexi Lawson and Michael Luwoye... but it still features Leslie. Is the show possibly still figuring out who'll be going on for Burr tomorrow night...? 

BroadwayConcierge
#927The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:45am

Spoke too soon—Leslie is now gone from the cast page, though there is no Burr principal currently listed.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#928The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:53am

Victor's not co.ing 8n for a month,  perhaps the understudies are rotating.  Or an interim contract hasn't been signed yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#929The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:57am

The League has Harcourt from "July 11 to ? " 

mailhandler777
#930The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:58am

dramamama611 said: "Victor's not co.ing 8n for a month,  perhaps the understudies are rotating.  Or an interim contract hasn't been signed yet."

What on earth does co.ing 8n mean?

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#931The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 11:59am

coming in, I assume. mama sometimes has typography issues, i assume because of her phone.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

mailhandler777
#932The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 12:00pm

Ahhh thank you gypsy. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

celtictiger
#933The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:54pm

Will Daveed Diggs miss Mondays in July and August due to the bars workshop? 

http://barsworkshopnyc.com/

What performance/day will Javier Munoz miss? 
Thanks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#934The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:58pm

gypsy101 said: "coming in, I assume. mama sometimes has typography issues, i assume because of her phone.

"

Exactly.  Thanks  for the translation. I really have to stop typing on my phone.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#935The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/11/16 at 10:21pm

theguter said: "Here's my humble submission on the ?#‎Downfall? Hitler Parody:
"How Hitler reacts when he finds out the ?#‎Hamilton? tickets he finally got will not include some of his favorite leading players..."

Apologies and love to Lin-Manuel Miranda, Leslie Odom Jr, Phillipa Soo, Jon Rua, Javier Muñoz, Betsy Struxness and so many more.

;">https://youtu.be/LJSGK1DTuZY
"

This is great! I loved the bit about Shuffle Along!

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"

bear88
#936The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/12/16 at 1:48am

I have grown a bit tired of the Hitler parodies, but that was a good one. Kudos.

pupscotch
#937The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/12/16 at 4:38am

Apparently, Sydney Harcourt and Austin Smith will be rotating the part until BVD comes in. 

https://twitter.com/understudies/status/752714490563661824

https://twitter.com/sydneyharcourt/status/752739161828945920

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#938The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/12/16 at 8:53am

Thanks for posting. So I now wonder if Andrew Chapelle will go on, since his name was originally mentioned in an article here yesterday.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

bear88
#939The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/15/16 at 1:54am

The impact of Hamilton on me...

- I'm obsessed with a Broadway musical. That's never really happened before. I like musical theater more than the average person, and used to go to see shows in New York decades ago, along with many local productions over the years thanks to my wife's influence. And I have enjoyed various movie musicals, from Singin' In the Rain to Chicago, but I'm not like many of you who see every show and know all your Broadway history. Shoot, until the months before our recent trip, I couldn't have picked Lin-Manuel Miranda or Audra McDonald out of a lineup. 

- I appreciate hip-hop more than I ever have before. This is one of Miranda's impressive feats. I listened to the cast recording before buying tickets because I was worried that my rap-averse wife would hate it. But I'm not a big rap fan myself. I have discovered an appreciation for rap and its capacity for wordplay that I didn't really have before, and I certainly was impressed by Miranda's ability to use it in a way that made perfect sense in a musical. Shoot, I have even listened to Daveed Diggs' industrial rap group on YouTube more than a few times, and given Kendrick Lamar a second listen.

- I'm more interested in musical theater. One of Miranda's other tricks was to incorporate his knowledge and appreciation of musical theater. It's made me more interested in everything from one-liners in the songs that reference old musicals to various ploys he uses to tell the story (the flashback, told from a different perspective, in "Satisfied," the sympathetic but unreliable narrator known as a villain a la Jesus Christ Superstar). Since returning, I've seen Kinky Boots in San Francisco (we heard good things about it while in New York) and Grey Gardens in Los Angeles.

- I fear I never will see a musical I like as much. Yeah, that might be a bit hyperbolic, but it could be a long time. After seeing Kinky Boots, my wife's comment echoed my thought: "Well, it wasn't Hamilton." We weren't seriously expecting to like the show as much and it was a perfectly good production, but it had the usual second act problems that I'm accustomed to in most musicals. Grey Gardens, oddly, had the reverse problem of a weak first act. And it also made me realize why so many people see Hamilton as a revolutionary step forward, a show that shakes the cobwebs off Broadway and feels relevant.

- I listen to parts of the cast album every workday on my commute, and listened to the whole thing twice on a recent vacation with my daughter.

- I got an overpriced Hamilton T-shirt as a Father's Day gift. (This was not my idea, but I didn't turn it down.)

- I'm reading Ron Chernow's biography of George Washington. Did Washington really not know that Laurens and Hamilton were involved in a duel with Charles Lee? Even Chernow is skeptical. 

- I know who Karen Olivo is, played a clip of her Anita in West Side Story for my wife. What's wrong with me?

- We're planning to see a small production of In the Heights on the way back from a family wedding in the big city of Santa Maria, California next month. It's on the itinerary.

- I have more appreciation of the joy that great art can offer. I have had a rough few months, and a Broadway musical has consistently lifted my spirits. 

Updated On: 7/15/16 at 01:54 AM

ImAGeneralWEE
#940The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/15/16 at 10:44am

Bear88, I really enjoyed and identified with your post. I also suspect I'll never like another musical as much as this one. While not a big musical theater person, I have been a longtime Fiddler on the Roof fan. I went to Broadway for the first time this past May and saw Fully Committed, Hamilton, and Fiddler (in that order). I couldn't believe it at the end of Fiddler when I thought "That wasn't Hamilton," although I suspect my dislike of this particular Fiddler revival was the main problem.

I now watch the In the Heights Tony performance more than a normal person should... so you can imagine my joy when Karen Olivo was announced as Angelica (I'm from Chicago).

I hope Lin continues to write for a very long time. I also hope that the pressure and the constant fan attention/harassment don't make him cynical in the end.

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#941The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/15/16 at 1:07pm

Leslie performed Room Where It Happens last night at the McKittrick Hotel...   https://www.instagram.com/p/BH47UYjgg20

celtictiger
#942The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/15/16 at 2:28pm

Did anyone see Miguel Cervantes perform on Wednesday?

SammieRae
#943The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/15/16 at 11:51pm

CercleRouge said: "Leslie performed Room Where It Happens last night at the McKittrick Hotel...   https://www.instagram.com/p/BH47UYjgg20

Wow, thanks for this -- I assume that means you were there? Anything else you'd care to share about his performance? Like you, of all the principal departures in Hamilton, I was most disappointed to see LOJ go. Daveed Diggs was a close 2nd for me.

BroadwayConcierge
#944The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/16/16 at 1:57pm

Would love to hear how Chappelle is as Laf/Jef today, and if Lexi is back as Eliza yet.

theatergoer3
#945The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/17/16 at 9:25am

I was there for the evening show. Chappelle was fantastic as both Lafyette and Jefferson. Lexi was not in but Alysha was and she was great. Ephraim was also in for Oak and he was great as well. The show as a whole was incredible. 

Ranger Tom
#946The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/17/16 at 12:08pm

The world is righting itself - no Hamilton stories in the BWW Hot Stories, only one in the news feed and only one in the top ten of the chat boards.  

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#947The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/17/16 at 12:19pm

I read an interesting review of last nights show and was wondering who was on for Burr and Madison last night.  Harcourt and Ephraim? 

ozjust4 Profile Photo
ozjust4
#948The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/17/16 at 12:24pm

swanjewel said: "I read an interesting review of last nights show and was wondering who was on for Burr and Madison last night.  Harcourt and Ephraim? 

According to theatergoer3, yes. Link to review?

Updated On: 7/17/16 at 12:24 PM

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#949The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 7/17/16 at 3:47pm

ozjust4 said: "swanjewel said: "I read an interesting review of last nights show and was wondering who was on for Burr and Madison last night.  Harcourt and Ephraim? 

According to theatergoer3, yes. Link to review?
"

It was actually a review from a friend who has seen the show multiple times. They said Burr was awful and Madison couldn't remember his lines. Said Chappelle was pretty good and the women were good. But the show felt flat. 

Videos