pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 39

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#950Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/28/16 at 4:58pm

new trailer coming soon according to Jack Morissey...

LINK = https://twitter.com/Jack_Morrissey/status/791350551107604480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#951Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/28/16 at 5:01pm

the grammy is for the recording, the written material and the performances (and that last one has only been a thing for the last several years). the oscar is for the music & lyrics, not the performance.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 10/28/16 at 05:01 PM

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
justabwaybaby
#952Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/28/16 at 5:30pm

Disney's got Doctor Strange and Moana coming out in the next few weeks, so it'll probably be attached to one of those- although the trailer will probably be released online sometime the week before whatever film it is attached to is released (so, Strange comes out 11/4, might be online Monday or Tuesday). I remember the "Frozen" trailer was locked (digital key) until the day the film it was attached to was released, but they don't seem to do that with the live action fairy tale films.

Mrtrobz
#953Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/28/16 at 8:19pm

AFAIK, the next trailers with Moana so about two-three weeks it should be online.

westendfanatic
#954Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/1/16 at 2:59pm

Mrtrobz said: "AFAIK, the next trailers with Moana so about two-three weeks it should be online."

according to twitter, we won't have to wait a month for the trailer...

LINK = https://twitter.com/Jack_Morrissey/status/793119959782010880

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#955Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 11:05am

We should be getting some OFFICIAL photos TODAY!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMTAcpNBJ4e/?taken-by=therealjackmorrissey

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#956Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:17pm

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/02/beauty-and-the-beast-emma-watson-ew-cover

Photos of the objects and more are included in a video at the link above.

Beauty and the Beast

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#957Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 12:53pm

STUNNING!

jonahke
#958Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 1:03pm

Cogsworth looks amazing, Mrs Potts looks great but I think it's a pity they put her face on the side and not at the front with her spout as nose and Lumiere looks just weird.

Here are 9 other pics of the live action movie: http://www.ew.com/gallery/beauty-and-the-beast-photos

Beauty and the Beast

Updated On: 11/2/16 at 01:03 PM

westendfanatic
#959Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 5:39pm

I could not agree more.

I think Cogsworth looks the best out of the 4 of them. the feather duster looks weird, Lumiere looks weird and  i do not understand why they have made Mrs Potts so small as well as putting her face on the side of the teapot. Lumiere doesn't even look like a candelabra. he just looks like a little elf dressed up in a gold suit. what is with the swan/bird on top of the feather duster? at least Lumiere looks like a candelabra in the following image that they teased us with a while ago...

Beauty and the Beast

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#960Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:11pm

In terms of Mrs. Potts, I think one arm is the handle and the other is the spout. I don't understand why Lumière has legs either but, I think it's because technology can only do so much. It would be hard to make a candelabra in CGI without making it look cheesy. And why is Plumette (who is played by a black actress) all white?

Mrtrobz
#961Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:28pm

Plumette and Lumiere look bizarre. Preferred the previous looks.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#962Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 8:44pm

Watson looks too much like a "Plain Jane".  Terrible styling, especially her hair.

Mrtrobz
#963Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/2/16 at 9:08pm

I think Watson looks great. I love that they've seemed to adapt Belle's hairstyle for the screen to be honest. The dress also looks like it goes through an evolution I'm guessing either Belle or her furniture friends are handy with a needle and thread.

jo
#964Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 1:28am

What happened to the impressive muscles of the pompous Gaston cheeky

sng
#965Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 1:34am

Emma Watson looks so bland as Belle. Gugu Mbatha-Raw who plays Plumette should have been cast as Belle IMO. 

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#966Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 7:00am

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) said: " Why is Plumette (who is played by a black actress) all white?"

Why is Cogsworth (who is played by a white actor) all brown?

Because wood is brown. And a porcelain dove is white.

And now, stop thinking in race and start living please.

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 07:00 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#967Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 7:03am

jo said: " 

"

I think a normal/slim built is more interesting, the focus lies more on his character this way.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#968Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 7:03am

double

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 07:03 AM

jo
#969Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 7:12am

Dave28282 said: "jo said: " 

"
I think a normal/slim built is more interesting, the focus lies more on his character this way.

"

Then they'll have to change the lyrics of the song GASTON wink

The song very much embodies Gaston's character.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/beauty_and_the_beast/gaston.html

Updated On: 11/3/16 at 07:12 AM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#970Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 10:08am

I hope one of the new songs is a solo for Belle. "Home" in the Broadway show filled that niche (i.e. "Part of Your World," "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"Beauty and the Beast missing from the animated film.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#971Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 12:59pm

Explains Watson, "In the animated movie, it's her father who is the inventor, and we actually co-opted that for Belle." She continues, "I was like, 'Well, there was never very much information or detail at the beginning of the story as to why Belle didn't fit in, other than she liked books. Also what is she doing with her time?' So, we created a backstory for her, which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine, so that, instead of doing laundry, she could sit and use that time to read instead. So, yeah, we made Belle an inventor."

Oy

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#972Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 1:00pm

Seems a little unnecessary, but probably won't change anything. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#973Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 1:06pm

I think both the teaser picture and this new one (which looks more like a real person) are accurate re: Lumiere. The story indicates that they were turning into the object more and more everyday - so there's a possibility that their physical appearance were more human like in beginning of the movie. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

westendfanatic
#974Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 11/3/16 at 1:49pm

i read/watched a recent interview with Luke Evans where he stated that "the similarities between this new adaptation and the original animated version, were staggering". so far (from what i have seen), i see hardly any. i mean, why has Belle become the inventor? i just can't see this working somehow...

"So, we created a backstory for her, which was that she had invented a kind of washing machine, so that, instead of doing laundry, she could sit and use that time to read instead. So, yeah, we made Belle an inventor". (source = http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/02/beauty-and-the-beast-emma-watson-kevin-kline)

I just don't get it and I still don't see the "ferocious" animal that the beast character is supposed to be either. oh well, here's hoping the new official trailer we will get to see in 2/3 weeks will prove us all wrong.

Videos