pixeltracker

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN- Page 4

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#75re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:09am

No, it's because she's in the city & Jenny is covering in Sydney. It's a sweet paycheck for a month of doing almost nothing.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#76re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:10am

They only brought in Julia due to the fact that the main Broadway standby is down under doing the show there.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#77re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:18am

why do people keep saying big names like Carrie Underwood pt taylor Swift or other well know Broadway actors? Wicked obviously does not need a big name to sell tickets.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#78re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 1:58am

I would sit through Wicked again to see Mandy Gonzalez as Elphaba.

Jennifer Nettles... I love Sugarland, but even I have a problem with that idea.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#79re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 2:33am

I know that Katie Clarke is joining the Broadway cast as G(a)linda and I couldn't be happier for her!

I'm tired of guessing Elphabas. I just want Mandy Gonzalez! And excuse me...she played Amneris!?! Can I PLEASE see that bootleg!?

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

rmusic11322
#80re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 10:21am

"I know that Katie Clarke is joining the Broadway cast as G(a)linda and I couldn't be happier for her!"

Where did you hear that from? I think she is great. I saw a video of her singing Popular for Carmen Cusack's last show. And she was HILARIOUS!

cactusb
#81re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 10:26am

This whole thread is cracking me up. I love how so many people are claiming to know who is joining the show, and keep correcting people who are guessing, yet they won't just come out and say who it is.
Most likely, they are all talk.

BTW I would actually go back to see this show if Mandy joined.

mina3
#82re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:09pm

This thread is cracking me up too. I love how people guess and guess until finally someone tells them they're right, and then they decide they're actually wrong and just keep guessing. Ah well, that's what press releases are for. re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

And what would be the fun in just blurting out the answer? Gotta have a little mystery!

mywonderwa11
#83re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 12:29pm

Katie is a friend of mine from college. She told me herself.

beautywickedlover
#84re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 1:06pm

"I know that Katie Clarke is joining the Broadway cast as G(a)linda and I couldn't be happier for her!"

I'll miss Erin, but if Katie is going to play Glinda on broadway she absoloutley deserves it. No actress has ever brought more depth to Glinda than her since Kristin Chenoweth and Jennifer Laura Thompson. However, I can't believe everything because there was a rumor last year that she and Julie Reiber were replacing Kendra Kassebaum and Kerry Ellis on Broadway, but it turned out to be Alli Mauzey and Marcie Dodd.
Updated On: 12/12/09 at 01:06 PM

mywonderwa11
#85re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 1:35pm

Oh, JLT! Jennifer Laura Thompson will always be my favorite G(a)linda! She took that role and brought so much to it. She was sensational!

bway1261
#86re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 1:43pm

I really hope that Katie will be the new G(a)linda. I saw her on tour about a year ago and she was fantastic. I would see the show again just for her.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#87re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/12/09 at 2:33pm

I just saw the tour last night in Cleveland with Donna Vivino as Elphaba. It was my second time seeing her and out of seeing Victoria Matlock, Julia Murney, Dee Roscioli and her, she is BY FAR my favorite Elphaba. Her voice is incredible, she definitely needs to head to the Broadway company very soon!!

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#88re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 1:47am

Just looked at the Wikipedia cast list. Katie Rose Clark and Carmen Cusack will be the next Galinda and Elphaba starting January 18 and Dee will be going on tour starting April 6, 2010
Updated On: 12/13/09 at 01:47 AM

Rentfan931
#89re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 2:10am

"Just looked at the Wikipedia cast list. Katie Rose Clark and Carmen Cusack will be the next Galinda and Elphaba starting January 18 and Dee will be going on tour starting April 6, 2010"

Isn't Carmen doing the South Pacific tour as of now?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#90re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 2:12am

Yes. Never listen to Wikipedia...

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#91re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 3:49am

so i have it on very good terms that a former beauty pageant winner and diabetes cookbook spokeswoman is going to be broadway's new elphaba... but that is all i am at liberty to disclose, as of right now.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#92re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 6:28am

This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen on BWW. And that's saying something.

rmusic11322
#93re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 11:10am

FROM FACEBOOK -

Diana DeGarmo So I've heard the rumors and they are not true.... I am not going to be Elphaba anytime soon.... Sorry y'all!

moowithme85
#94re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 11:43am

Of all the country clues out there, the only female in a group nominated for a grammy I can think of would be Jennifer Nettles or Alison Krause. I love them both, but I do not see either on Broadway, especially as Elphaba.

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#95re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 12:07pm

SO many different rumors! I don't know who to believe...

The country one I am going to stay out of...

According to you HBP, it would be Nicole Johnson Baker, as far as I can tell. If they were going for someone who was a pagent queen, can Kate Shindle please do it? I am listening to her Defying Gravity, and with some work, it could be so fantastic.

Of course these are all just rumors, I want it to be confirmed!

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#96re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 1:24pm

I just love how the thread is titled with 'Dee,' like the author is on a first name basis with Roscioli and they're going for Starbucks on a daily basis.

Folks, it's Wicked, which means the cheapo producers will find some no-name young woman to ruin her voice attempting to sing the show 8-times a week. That's the way it's ALWAYS been. I'm still shocked they brought Kerry Ellis over from the UK for a run, but definitely NOT shocked they ran her sick.

The Wicked machine continues. Blah.

BN

snowskittle
#97re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 1:50pm

Why on why don't they have a regular alternate? I simply do not understand why they allow this near-universal vocal damage to continue with actress after actress when it would be so easy to fix.

ThankstoPhantom
#98re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 2:49pm

....Plus, the standbys often go on biweekly (at least!) for one or more performances, because, as Julia Murney once stated, Elphabas HAVE to rest here and there. Wouldn't it look so much better if they didn't have an understudy listing for their lead almost once a week?!

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

inick122492 Profile Photo
inick122492
#99re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 3:42pm

This vocal debacle brings up Phantom... how long did it take for Christine to have an alternate.

Videos