pixeltracker

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th- Page 4

RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#75re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:07pm

Mildred, I know when the email went out, I'm just posting in response to another poster.

This states that your credit card will not be refunded until January 4th, so if you want to exchange your tickets, you can. If you DON'T, then AFTER THE CLOSING, you will get your money back. So I have no idea what this means now! re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#76re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:11pm

I actually called Ticketmaster when the closing was announced and the agent personally issued the refund. They show it's in process, so I imagine I'll see something before January 4th. I think those who didn't call will have to wait until the 4th for refund. I hope I'm making sense, this is all so complicated.

I almost purchased a ticket for another show last night, so glad I still had that slot open. Still extremely disappointed Noll won't be in. Has her understudy been on? Is she good?

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#77re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:16pm

I hope this works out well for everyone and the show is able to pick up steam. I don't think this is a publicity stunt. It would be foolish for them to empty out all those even half full houses just to turn around and try to fill all over again, in such a short time, what they'd already sold once, plus some.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 12/30/09 at 07:16 PM

carts2010 Profile Photo
carts2010
#78re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:33pm

I am thrilled for the cast that the show has been extended. I'm also really excited for all of the people who will now get to see the show who wouldn't have if it had closed this Sunday.

I have only lived in NYC for a little over three years and just started getting into Broadway... and it was this show that hooked me. I saw it for the fourth time this afternoon, and have a ticket for what was to be the final performance this Sunday. I even had my first stage door experience this afternoon and met the entire cast. Everyone, of course, was extremely nice. I am just bummed that I will be visiting my family in Florida on the 10th and will not be able to make the new "final" performance. I hope that it gets extended again so that I can see it when I return from my trip! Ragtime forever!!! :)

Broadway 2010: January 1- Wishful Drinking, January 2- Hair (2pm), January 3- Ragtime (3pm), Bye Bye Birdie (7:30pm), January 4- Mary Poppins, January 14- The Lion King, January 17- The Understudy, March 10- Come Fly Away (2pm), March 15- The Addams Family

bwaylvsong
miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#80re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 7:43pm

I just bought myself a ticket for January 10 (and train tickets). If it extends another week, I'll get to see it again on the 15th. Even if I don't make it on the 10th, I've done my very small part to keep the show going. re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#81re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:22pm

I don't think it's a publicity stunt at all. If the show makes money it will run. Simple math. They won't "vacate" until they have to for another show's booking.

I also have to hand it to the producers for opting NOT to scale down the orchestra and make other weekly production cuts to keep it running.

I dig that.

If the seats fill up, they will keep it going. If not, then no.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#82re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:30pm

So, I had tickets for Jan. 5th but now I should repurchase tickets for that date? Are we 10000% sure they released the tickets I had and refunded my credit card? I don't wanna be charged twice or have two pairs of tickets for the show...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#83re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:32pm

I don't really think it was a gimmick either...if it was, they would have announce a few weeks ago to try to fill seats for the last few weeks as well. I'm assuming Noll's tweet was being written as....if they extended us once, they might do it again if tix keep getting sold.

Frustrating for those "needing" to be there at closing, certainly, but look at the big picture...more folks getting to see the beauty of the show. Another weeks pay for the cast and crew and staff.

I hope they can keep it going.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#84re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:32pm

The tickets should have been refunded and released. But, if I were you, Rocks, I would call and ask to make sure, and then re-buy.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#85re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:41pm

Mildred, as far as I know Christiane Noll has not missed any performances as of yet.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#86re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:43pm

Go see it, if you can!

Celebrate something good.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

WiCkEDrOcKS
#87re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:45pm

Ticketmaster just told me the tickets I had purchased for the 5th are still valid.

DottieD'Luscia
#88re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:47pm

If anything, I think they should have advertised "last weeks" to see if that generated more interest in the show as opposed to posting a closing notice and rescinding it two days later. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy they extended, but at what cost? I'd rather see them go out with packed houses as opposed to limping a few more weeks.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

WiCkEDrOcKS
#89re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:49pm

If someone gets a concrete answer as to whether or not ticketholders for the week of January 4th will have to repurchase their tickets, please let me know. Because apparently there are two different stories going around; one that you have to repurchase and one that the old tickets are still valid.

snowskittle
#90re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:50pm

Ok, thanks for the replies everyone. It sounds now like you have to repurchase already purchased tickets if you want to keep them, but that they will EVENTUALLY refund for the first set. Is this right?

It sounded like they were going to be selling every seat TWICE, and not issuing any refunds, and that people that didn't know about this were just out of luck.

I guess you can make a show financially productive pretty fast if you doublebook every seat.

I don't think it's a gimmick, although you never really know. I think they're just frantic and trying to figure out a last minute way to extend a bit. But it's still very confusing and I suspect it's going to be an absolute mess next week.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#91re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:51pm

I pity the front of house/box office staff at the Neil Simon next week. There's going to be mass confusion. What a mess.

DottieD'Luscia
#92re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:51pm

wickedrocks, I would double check with Ticketmaster, but also check to see if that amount has been refunded to the credit/debit card that you used.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#93re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:53pm

I would not want to be an usher this is going to be a mess. My niece was told her tickets that were for the 10th would not be honored and refund has been issued.

When I asked Ticketmaster about my tickets that I purchased for the final on the 3rd. After 45 mins on hold I was told. "That is still the final" I said why don't you look at your own website.

I'm happy for the show but as someone that made special plans and having a 5 hour drive to get there. I purchased the tickets in good faith that this would be the final. I would not have gone as this is the 3rd time seeing it but wanted to go for the final. Now selling those and waiting to see what happens on the 10th.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#94re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:56pm

So, it seems like the tickets need to be repurchased. Well Ticketmaster better get its act together and be consistent in what they tell their customers because there are going to be a LOT of unhappy people at the show next week if they get there and find out their tickets aren't valid.

dramamama611
#95re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 8:57pm

People would be refunded REGARDLESS of whether they were aware of the closing/re opening. It happens automatically, but usually if you call them directly, they will process individual refunds that will be posted to your account earlier.

So the production doesnt get to KEEP the money from selling the tix twice.

And I'm guessing they asked telecharge NOT to exchange the tix so that they didn't end up having an EMPTY house on the 4th only to fill up on the 10, and then have to deal with it again should the extend to the end of the month.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#96re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 9:04pm

The tickets are not refunded to my Credit Card. So I guess they are still valid.

So confusing...

dramamama611
#97re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 9:14pm

Wicked..it is not an instantaneous process. It takes several days from when they process it before it shows up. NEVER assume your tix are still valid....you'd hate to show up and have them NOT honor them.

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#98re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 9:16pm

Is it just me, or did the article disappear and reappear on BWW's front page within the last 10 minutes?

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

NotYourMemories Profile Photo
NotYourMemories
#99re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th
Posted: 12/30/09 at 9:21pm

"I purchased the tickets in good faith that this would be the final."

As long as you either get to see the show or get your money back I don't see what you have to complain about. I would be delighted if this same thing happened a dozen times and Ragtime ended up extending long enough to win some Tonys and maybe even build an audience.

I went to the final performance of Grey Gardens and felt like I missed a lot of the show with all the interruptions for extended applause and loud cheering.

Videos