pixeltracker

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback- Page 4

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback

BroadwayPatriot
#75NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 8:49pm

Jordan Catalano said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal”

No, they’re not.

“It’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre”

No, they all are because they value a fake billionaire/failed reality tv game show host/convicted felon/rapist over the lives and safety of people around them

“my mom likes Trump”

Maybe time to call A Place For Mom.

“so does several of my gay friends”

Now you know damn well that’s a lie.

“you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep"

Oh, trust me it wouldn’t take a million years for me to figure out you liked him.

I’m glad you understand me , I look at it like this Einstein said repeating the same failure is an act of insanity - I apply it to politics, Trump sucked , we tried this , Biden is a disaster , we tried this - leaving the only option RFK Jr

BroadwayPatriot
#76NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 8:52pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "
There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal, it’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre, my mom likes Trump so does several of my gay friends, you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep"

This analysis seems appropriate for a 7th grade current events report, and I'd still give it a B- for lazy analysis.
"

What is your analysis? The TV told you RFK Jr bad, so RFK Jr is bad , face it , it does not go beyond whatever Colbert or the Times or whatever junk you watch on TV told you 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
BroadwayPatriot
#78NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 9:05pm

Jordan Catalano said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal”

No, they’re not.

No, they all are because they value a fake billionaire/failed reality tv game show host/convicted felon/rapist over the lives and safety of people around them

“my mom likes Trump”

“you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep"

Oh, trust me it wouldn’t take a million years for me to figure out you liked him.

"

No lies at all , why would one even consider Trump again ? , Simple, your idol  has failed the middle class, unless your rich or on public assistance, we are not doing so well , things are rough in Biden’s America but because he is on your “ team” you don’t see it, or you do but pretend it’s not there , record amounts of people living paycheck to paycheck, , record low personal savings, record high personal debt - look you are simple guy - D good R bad - in this case both D and R are awful , look if Biden had an R next to his name , you would be screaming about the economy , having an apoplectic fit in fact , like most Americans you are loyal to a brand and blind to all reality 

Jarethan
#79NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 9:06pm

BroadwayPatriot said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "
There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal, it’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre, my mom likes Trump so does several of my gay friends, you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep"

This analysis seems appropriate for a 7th grade current events report, and I'd still give it a B- for lazy analysis.
"

What is your analysis? The TV told you RFK Jr bad, so RFK Jr is bad , face it , it does not go beyond whatever Colbert or the Times or whatever junk you watch on TV told you
"

What do you think when you hear that his entire family is opposed to his running?  They know that he is a crackpot taking advantage of the Kennedy name.  

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#80NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 10:01pm

I haven't checked in on this thread in a couple days and, um, yikes

JSquared2
#81NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 10:12pm

Yoo hoo!  Mods?? Sh*tshow in progress here in Aisle 11!  Perhaps time to shut it down?

PipingHotPiccolo
#82NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 10:20pm

BroadwayPatriot said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "

"

"

OK, fine, you convinced me. 8th grade.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#83NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/5/24 at 10:48pm

BroadwayPatriot said: "Jordan Catalano said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal”

No, they’re not.

“my mom likes Trump”

"

No lies at all , why would one even consider Trump again ?, Simple, your idolhas failed the middle class, unless your rich or on public assistance, we are not doing so well , things are rough in Biden’s America but because he is on your “ team” you don’t see it, or you do but pretend it’s not there , record amounts of people living paycheck to paycheck, , record low personal savings, record high personal debt - look you aresimple guy - D good R bad - in this case both D and R are awful , look if Biden had an R next to his name , you would be screaming about the economy , having anapoplectic fit in fact , like most Americans you are loyal to a brand and blind to all reality
"

lol we are middle class and not rich but live in a very expensive city NYC comfortably and doing just fine as we both have great jobs, with savings and low debt and have saved smartly over the last 15 years-being in our late 40's now and owning a condo in NYC! We would never consider T! B has not failed the middle class.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#84NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 7:04am

BroadwayPatriot said: "TheatreFan4 said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "Matt Rogers said: "Phantom4ever said: "stagepotato said: "8th Ave between Moynihan and the 40s has gotten considerably worse. It was bad before, but now it’s littered with homeless and drug addicts. Don’t come at me and say this isn’t true because I travel this street multiple times a month and see it every time. I agree the city needs to get rid of Adamsbut there’s other focus areas that need to be worked on as well."

I saw this post and noticed that ten of you "liked" it. Normally I stay in the heart of Times Sq and never have any problems with drug addicts and/or homeless. But my sister just planned a last minute trip to New York next week and I have been talked into accompanying her and her family since they dont' know what they're doing and I could serve as a tour guide. The already booked their hotel which is on 8th Av in the mid 30's. My sister and her family are die-hard Trump/Fox News people and they will lose their minds if they see a homeless guy or a drug addict anywhere near their hotel. Right now, they aren't planning on seeing any Broadway shows (because it is too expensive for them) and so hopefully I could get them back in their room before sundown. Not sure what else I can do if it's as bad as you guys are saying. I rarely walk down past Port Authority so I really don't know.
"

I be would rather encounter a homeless person than a Trump supporter, any day.
"

There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal, it’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre, my mom likes Trump so does several of my gay friends, you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep
"

Even RFK’s relatives have disavowed him and are aware that he is completely insane. Wake up. 

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 07:04 AM

hearthemsing22
#85NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 9:09am

I think when Broadway reopened, we knew it would take a while for it to get to a healthy place. It's not there yet, but come on. Did we seriously expect it to be fast? We have to be realistic. Also think about how a lot of the shows this season are actually doing fairly well- not wonderful, but okay. And with other exciting shows coming in next season, especially with big names, that could also provide a significant boost because even if prices are high, there are people willing to pay 

BroadwayPatriot
#86NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 11:46am

Matt Rogers said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "TheatreFan4 said: "BroadwayPatriot said: "Matt Rogers said: "Phantom4ever said: "stagepotato said: "8th Ave between Moynihan and the 40s has gotten considerably worse. It was bad before, but now it’s littered with homeless and drug addicts. Don’t come at me and say this isn’t true because I travel this street multiple times a month and see it every time. I agree the city needs to get rid of Adamsbut there’s other focus areas that need to be worked on as well."

I saw this post and noticed that ten of you "liked" it. Normally I stay in the heart of Times Sq and never have any problems with drug addicts and/or homeless. But my sister just planned a last minute trip to New York next week and I have been talked into accompanying her and her family since they dont' know what they're doing and I could serve as a tour guide. The already booked their hotel which is on 8th Av in the mid 30's. My sister and her family are die-hard Trump/Fox News people and they will lose their minds if they see a homeless guy or a drug addict anywhere near their hotel. Right now, they aren't planning on seeing any Broadway shows (because it is too expensive for them) and so hopefully I could get them back in their room before sundown. Not sure what else I can do if it's as bad as you guys are saying. I rarely walk down past Port Authority so I really don't know.
"

I be would rather encounter a homeless person than a Trump supporter, any day.
"

There are Trump supporters everywhere most of them are normal, it’s the Trump cultist with the MAGA stuff that are bizarre, my mom likes Trump so does several of my gay friends, you would never know in a million years , I like RFK Jr because I’m a thinker not a party linesheep
"

Even RFK’s relatives have disavowed him and are aware that he is completely insane. Wake up."

For political reasons they are loyal Democrats first over everything else - look if you think Biden is a good president lol , literally the man can barely speak and we are on the verge of a nuclear war in Europe, 70% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck , record low personal savings and record high debt, if you think that’s acceptable, go for it ! I’m not a zealot like Democrats and Trumpers, so do whatever you want , but RFK Jr regardless of what people say is obviously the only person running who still has a functioning mind , Trump is an idiotic narcissist, Biden is like an empty husk blowing in a corn field - unlike you guys , I won’t judge you, or insult you , go ahead vote for the husk , just as I told my mama lol , go ahead vote for the Orange narcissist, my conscience is clear - I want to unify and heal America, Bobby is a good man who can do it  I won’t be responsible for the end of America which we are risking by re-electing one of these 2 losers 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#87NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 11:59am

RFK Jr is not the person who can unify this country- he has no coherent policies, has tacked on an inexperienced and delusional Silicon Valley millionaire as his VP to fund this ill-fated endeavor, and is a pariah amongst his own family. If you think that he's in any way qualified or that he can heal the country, you're not an independent thinker- you're someone who has merely drunk a different flavor of Kool-Aid and convinced yourself you haven't.

Also: it's weird that the only time you appear on this board is to weigh in on political topics.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Matt Rogers
#88NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 5:58pm

BroadwayPatriot said: 

“For political reasons they are loyal Democrats first over everything else - look if you think Biden is a good president lol , literally the man can barely speak and we are on the verge of a nuclear war in Europe, 70% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck , record low personal savings and record high debt, if you think that’s acceptable, go for it ! I’m not a zealot like Democrats and Trumpers, so do whatever you want , but RFK Jr regardless of what people say is obviously the only person running who still has a functioning mind , Trump is an idiotic narcissist, Biden is like an empty husk blowing in a corn field - unlike you guys ,I won’t judge you, or insult you , go ahead vote for the husk , just as I told my mama lol , go ahead vote for the Orange narcissist, my conscience is clear - I want to unify and heal America, Bobby is a good man who can do it I won’t be responsible for the end of America which we are risking by re-electing one of these 2 losers"

You might want to read this article:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/robert-f-kennedy-jr-2024-presidential-campaign-democratic-primary.html

PipingHotPiccolo
#89NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:31pm

Kad said: "RFK Jr is not the person who can unify this country- he has no coherent policies, has tacked on an inexperienced and delusional Silicon Valley millionaire as his VP to fund this ill-fated endeavor, and is a pariah amongst his own family. If you think that he's in any way qualified or that he can heal the country, you're not an independent thinker- you're someone who has merely drunk a different flavor of Kool-Aid and convinced yourself you haven't.

Also: it's weird that the only time you appear on this board is to weigh in on political topics.
"

All true, but an RFK voter isnt looking for coherence or experience. They are either an anti vaxx nut, or someone who wants to ensure Trump wins without actually pulling the lever for Trump. Theres no reasoning with someone like this- find suburban women in the Six States That Matter and make sure they show up.

Updated On: 6/6/24 at 08:31 PM

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#90NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/6/24 at 8:55pm

Phantom4ever said: "stagepotato said: "8th Ave between Moynihan and the 40s has gotten considerably worse. It was bad before, but now it’s littered with homeless and drug addicts. Don’t come at me and say this isn’t true because I travel this street multiple times a month and see it every time. I agree the city needs to get rid of Adamsbut there’s other focus areas that need to be worked on as well."

"

If my sister were a Trumper, I wouldn’t accompany her to NYC or anywhere else.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

MezzA101
#91NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 8:02am

Horror stories from NYC’s 8th Ave. ‘Strip of Despair’ — where stabbings, drug use and public defecation are the norm

https://nypost.com/2024/06/17/us-news/horror-stories-from-nycs-8th-ave-strip-of-despair?

My intent is not to scare people or to have posters report that it's only the Post and doesn't reflect reality. Rather, that there is enough truth to the perception and Broadway has to deal with a reduced interest from out of town because of the perception. I was amazed seeing how often "Sweeney Todd" had lots of tickets available often just days before every performance and yet still managed to sell out. It's not just the new post- Covid reality. All of us here care about Broadway and this perception is a major threat. Saying your experience is proof that the reality is different will not bring in the tourists.

MezzoDiva47
#92NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 8:17am

MezzA101 said: "Horror stories from NYC’s 8th Ave. ‘Strip of Despair’ — where stabbings, drug use and public defecation are the norm

https://nypost.com/2024/06/17/us-news/horror-stories-from-nycs-8th-ave-strip-of-despair?

while the ny post is not exactly the ny times

there is some truth to this article unfortunately

i walk this strip on a near daily basis

and it is much worse than it used to be

i guess im just not perceiving reality?

thankfully we are not san francisco yet

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#93NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 2:05pm

I typically do not read The Post but there is much truth in the Strip of Despair article. What I felt was most compelling was the map. I took a screenshot of it so I can make sure to avoid certain streets in the future.  I hope the producers of Gypsy start pressuring the mayor to help with cleanup. That scaffolding area at the NE corner of 44th/8th is also being used as a giant urinal.

JSquared2
#94NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 2:43pm

Melissa25 said: "I typically do not read The Post but there is much truth in the Strip of Despair article. What I felt was most compelling was the map. I took a screenshot of it so I can make sure to avoid certain streets in the future. I hope the producers of Gypsy start pressuring the mayor to help with cleanup. That scaffolding area at the NE corner of 44th/8th is also being used as a giant urinal.

LOL -- Right --- because as we all know, the homeless and drug addicted ALWAYS consult a map when deciding exactly which block to shoot up on or where to take a dump!   Also, while the scaffolding on West 44th by the Majestic has come down, the 8th Avenue block between 44th/45th (at The Row) during the warm weather is a 24/7 block party taken up by the newly arrived "residents" of The Row.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#95NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 5:17pm

I don't know if I'm completely oblivious, or if I'm just inured to lots of stuff by virtue of spending my formative NYC years in the Bronx circa 1990, but I don't feel like anything's out of the ordinary as I walk down 8th Avenue. Maybe it was cleaner and calmer for a few years earlier this century, but it really just seems like the expected New York chaos and cacophony to me, and I barely notice it.

Matt Rogers
#96NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 5:47pm

kdogg36 said: "I don't know if I'm completely oblivious, or if I'm just inured to lots of stuff by virtue of spending my formative NYC years in the Bronx circa 1990, but I don't feel like anything's out of the ordinary as I walk down 8th Avenue. Maybe it was cleaner and calmer for a few years earlier this century, but it really just seems like the expected New York chaos and cacophony to me, and I barely notice it."

You’re not completely oblivious. My experience is the same as yours. We just have a group of hysterics on here, as well as a surprising right wing contingent quoting a right wing rag like the NY Post and trying to convince everyone that the theatre district has turned into an apocalyptic hellscape. 

BorisTomashevsky
#97NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 6:50pm

Why so surprised? There are more right-wing people in this town than anyone realizes. Probably people you know, but they won’t admit it out loud, as the reaction they’d get wouldn’t be the tolerant and loving type that liberals profess to embody. 

As for right-wing people enjoying theatre, who do you think keeps national tours thriving in red states?

Updated On: 6/18/24 at 06:50 PM

Matt Rogers
#98NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 6:54pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Why so surprised? There are more right-wing people in this townthan anyone realizes.Probably people you know, but they won’t admit it out loud, as the reaction they’d get wouldn’t be the tolerant and loving type that liberalsprofess to embody.

As for right-wing people enjoying theatre, who do you think keeps national tours thriving in red states?
"

Yes, they are flocking to Beetlejuice for hand jobs. 

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#99NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
Posted: 6/18/24 at 7:09pm

BorisTomashevsky said: "Probably people you know, but they won’t admit it out loud, as the reaction they’d get wouldn’t be the tolerant and loving type that liberalsprofess to embody."

I'm more of a left-libertarian than a liberal, but I doubt many of us in either group have ever pretended to be tolerant of bigots or people who'd vote for someone like Trump. Those are very much self-chosen categories, and therefore legitimate basis for judgment.

Videos