pixeltracker

Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?- Page 4

Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#75re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:58pm

Night Mother- euach can't believe I paid for that. And for all the bklyn haters I felt like the 100.000 I paid to see bklyn wasn't enough for the amazing feeling it gave me after seeing it.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#76re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:00pm

I'm still curious as to what exactly about Thou Shalt Not made it such a flop. I don't know much about it, but I've heard some of the songs.

jczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
#77re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:05pm

Jery Springer The Opera

"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."

#78re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:06pm

The reason I said "Wicked" was becuase I DID feel "ripped off". the ticketts where very expensive, and I had heard very good things about the show. (This was before all the Wicked hate). I went to the show, and thought it was alright to iffy, defiently NOT worth the amount of money we paid.

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#79re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:12pm

Mamma Mia on Christmas Day last year in Chicago.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#80re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:25pm

I have never ever ever felt ripped off after seeing a show. Every show I've ever seen has taught me something about myself and/ or something about theatre... even if it's what DOESN'T work.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#81re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:33pm

Well siad Infinite :)

#82re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:35pm

umgeoboy, her name is not Melissa. Marissa!

I dont think Ive ever seen a show and felt ripped off. Ive found something to enjoy in ever show ive seen, even if it wasnt great.

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#83re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:35pm

THe Lion King Tour. Not sure why i felt ripped of though. Possibly b/c i was expecting so much. Possibly $100 tickets for balcony

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#84re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:47pm

I don't think anyone here should apologize for feeling ripped off by ANY show. I MAJORLY disliked Miss Saigon and The Full Monty. I had to keep it to myself for years out of fear of being stoned.

just thought of another - the fairly recent revival of Oklahoma.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
Updated On: 2/1/05 at 07:47 PM

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#85re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 7:53pm

They just keep popping into my head!!

Thoroughly Modern Millie

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

J-Pill Profile Photo
J-Pill
#86re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 9:21pm

CATS
SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE
JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Yes, WICKED. For the amount of money we dished out, absolutely ridiculous.
And may I add, LittleFish is correct. The only thing I gained out of this show was the delightful Jennifer Laura Thompson.

P.S. Bernadette could stand up there stiff as wood or flexible as jello and she'd still deserve a Tony.

BSoBW2
#87re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 9:24pm

But, 100 bux for any show is ridiculous....yes, yes, yes, I know that it costs a lot to put on a show, etc...but still!

J-Pill Profile Photo
J-Pill
#88re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 9:28pm

....which is exactly why every other time we go to TKTS. Or use discounts I receive via e-mail. WICKED and AVENUE Q have been the only two we've seen full price. Updated On: 2/1/05 at 09:28 PM

MissEmilyArden
PleaseChangeMe
#90re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 9:39pm

Hairspray.

I expected fluff, yes, but pardon the pun, but the show was overstuffed with fluff.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#91re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 10:04pm

I normally dont care that much... for us, its basically you win some and you lose some. I can usually find some redeeming qualities in every show that I see. HOWEVER... that being said.. I was pissed after "Brooklyn" !!!!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#92re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 10:23pm

42nd street

...not because it was bad...in fact, it's one of my favorites, but the fact that the theatre was half full (although some would say it was half empty), and I, being the tourist that i WAS, paid $100, when i could have gotten a major discount. It's ok tho...I won the rent lottery the next night re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#93re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 10:25pm

LA CAGE AND GOOD VIBRATIONS. IF I PAID FULL PRICE I WOULD HAVE FELT RIPPED OFF.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#94re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 10:51pm

Aida. god, it was horrible

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

ozdustgirl2 Profile Photo
ozdustgirl2
#95re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:04pm

Im new here, I have been reading about the hate of WICKED on this site. This is in reply to the have you ever been ripped off after seeing a show. Honestly no. I went into seeing WICKED my first time absolutely hating the show, never seeing it and only hearing that it was about the Wizard of Oz. I had previous to seeing WICKED never seen the Wizard of Oz. But I am a fan of Broadway and sitting through the first act of WICKED I was a little skeptical but when Idina sang "Defying Gravity" I sat there stunned. It was absolutely amazing. I am a fan of WICKED and of Idina, I know that may be frowned upon by many people on this site, but its true. I am also a RENT fan, I was in NYC early in January and I saw the show twice in one day.

"There are times when were dirt broke, and hungry and freezing and I ask myself why the hell am I still living here?...And then they call!" ~ Mark Cohen RENT movie

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#96re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:07pm

oh! i forgot to say "Bye Bye Birdie" @ Encores. Someones post reminded me.. It was so0o0o bad.. ::sigh:: $100.00 I could have gotten a new BDC dance card with .

Sasha3 Profile Photo
Sasha3
#97re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:16pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie. My God -- felt like I would rather have my eyelashes ripped out one at a time. Updated On: 2/2/05 at 11:16 PM

BSoBW2
#98re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:25pm

I would honestly like to see Bye Bye Birdie and Grease! on BWay

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#99re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 11:41pm

Definitely Thou Shalt Not, the only redeeming aspect of the show was Norbert LEo Butz. And I felt ripped off after Bring in Da Noise/Funk. Absolutely hated that show. A more recent example was after Caroline or Change, when I slept through the first act (matinee).....I actually think it's a great show, but I shouldn't have stayed out the night before. So I had to go back and see it again.

Videos