Stephanie J. Block

elphaba3
#75re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/23/05 at 10:05pm

Idina is the original and best Elphaba. How could you guys think Stephanie is better. Idina is way better than Stephanie.

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#76re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/23/05 at 10:31pm

Annnyways ....
*ignores the last post*

Steph is good. I've heard some stuff ... I'd have to see the whole thing to make my full opinion.

And she e-mails back really quickly. That made me excited.

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#77re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/23/05 at 11:09pm

Stephanie is pretty terrific! I would love to see her get the chance to play Elphaba in New York someday.

cindy013 Profile Photo
cindy013
#78re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/23/05 at 11:33pm

Actually elphaba3, Stephanie was the original Elphaba, not Idina. You can read an interview with Stephanie where she talks about it here- http://www.haineshisway.com/interview/sbinterview.htm

...it gets to the part about halfway down the page.

"It breaks my heart to see a grown man dressed as a Taco." -David Sedaris
I love Les Miserables.
My new pic is me(on the left)at my last dance recital:(

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#79re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/23/05 at 11:46pm

JoMarch - what is the link in your signature about? I wouldn't mind reading her replies... how/when?

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#80re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:28am

Popular, it's a webzine devoted to promoting female entertainers and sports stars. I'm helping them build their theater database (which is still in development) and I also convinced them to get Stephanie as their first guest since she is my ultimate role model! They're still looking for thoughtful questions for Stephanie from young actresses thinking of pursuing a theater career. I don't know when her answers will be posted but I'll post it when I find out! Go Stephanie!!!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#81re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:31am

Ok, thanks! I didn't see any link to read past Q&A's so that's why I was confused. So are these going to be sorted through and then sent to her? I wouldn't mind having that job! LOL

wicked_rentgirl323 Profile Photo
wicked_rentgirl323
#82re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 12:50am

Well... I've never seen Wicked performed live so I can't make any definite decisions besides the fact that I adore everything Idina Menzel does. I will say though that out of all the clips I've seen Stephanie is definitely my second favorite Elphaba. I love her on the cast recording of the Boy from Oz. It makes me very happy to hear everyone say how kind she is too. That usually makes or breaks a performer in my opinion. I had always admired Idina but was completely sold when I friend of mine told me about his meeting her this year at the Tonys. He had went to be a seat filler and was sitting in hers while she announced the winners of the awards she had previously presented. When she came back to her seat she repeatedly apologized to him about him having to get up to let her back in her seat. But Stephanie seems just as amazing. So far the only interpretation of Elphaba I don't care for is Shoshana's, but that's my opinion. I really hope to see Stephanie in FL with my aunt unless she goes to NYC before then. Of course, I'll be thrilled for her if she does, but I would like to see her.

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#83re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:22am

Idina is the original and best Elphaba. How could you guys think Stephanie is better. Idina is way better than Stephanie.

Let me ask you a question...How often to you listen to your OBC recording? For a lot of people who listen to OBC recordings and then see a different cast, the change is very un-welcome and they judge the performers unfairly.

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 01:22 AM

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#84re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:25am

Hey JoMarch - sorry to nitpick but if you go to that site and click on her name it shows a little bio on her. But it's incorrect and I don't know if that's something you're in charge of changing or not. It says she has no siblings but when I was listening to her phone interview on Cast Party I clearly remember her saying that she was sad to be missing SF because her sister lives in Sacramento area and that was supposed to be their time together. You may want to research to double check but I'm almost positive that's what she said.

JoMarch Profile Photo
JoMarch
#85re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:02am

Popular, I emailed one of the girls in charge of the bios. Thanks! It's not nitpicking at all!
Updated On: 8/24/05 at 03:02 AM

COOOOLkid
#86re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:12am

she's going to be on the whole tour, right?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Radioactiveduck
#87re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 4:44am

Her contract expires in March, whether or not she will renew is yet to be announced.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#88re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 9:59am

No prob - that's the only sibling I remember her mentioning.
As far as staying with the tour the whole time, my GUESS is that she wont stay past March. I would personally love to see her originate something new out here in L.A. after the tour and then take it to Broadway - but that's just me :)

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#89re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 10:02am

i heart steph! i have been hoping since idina left that she would be the next broadway replacement - we'll see!

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#90re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:14pm

She sounded great on the trailer!

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#91re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:59pm

How do we know her contract ends in March? I was under the impression it ended earlier...

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#92re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:01pm

Several people have written her to find out if she was going to be in their cities and the latest she said she would be there until was March.

Updated On: 8/24/05 at 02:01 PM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#93re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:35pm

I really wonder who will be the next elphy for the tour...jenna????

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Radioactiveduck
#94re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:59pm

I think they'll give it to Eden again, assuming she still wants to, cuz she's had a very warm response from San Francisco.

*ClassicVintage* Profile Photo
*ClassicVintage*
#95re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 3:16pm

This woman has my heart, she is absolutely fantastic at what she does. She truly has the passion and skills required for the role. Not to mention, she is absolutely one of the most geniune people that I have ever met. I sincerly hope that she becomes the star that she deserves to be.

Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck- most of all endurance.

Adjie Profile Photo
Adjie
#96re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:30pm

Amen to that!

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#97re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/24/05 at 6:33pm

WooHoo Stephanie!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#98re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 8/25/05 at 2:26pm

classicVintage - you said it! :)

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#99re: Stephanie J. Block
Posted: 9/3/05 at 2:19am

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd bump this to say that the site JoMarch has in her signature is no longer accepting questions for Stephanie. I hope that means they'll post some answers soon :) I have to admit, I put in a question to support the site's efforts to start up a theater database.

Videos