pixeltracker

Your first Broadway show in 2008?- Page 4

Your first Broadway show in 2008?

broadwaybaby086
#75re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 7:16pm

Cyrano de Bergerac on Saturday night. The August: Osage County sometime next week, maybe Xanadu the week following. I may try to see either Glorious Ones or Cymbeline again on Sunday...

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Bwayfan4
#76re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:08pm

Just purchased tickets to August: Osage County and 39 Steps for this weekend!

wexy
#77re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:09pm

39 Steps on Friday

'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#78re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:14pm

Mary Poppins on February 9th.

Possibly Young Frankenstein or Sunday In The Park With George that weekend also.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#79re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:28pm

Hairspray tomorrow.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

jacobp
#80re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:48pm

Young frankenstein tommorow

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#81re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 9:53pm

RoundAbout's "39 Steps" in February.

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#82re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 10:04pm

My first show of 2008 is tomorrow (Wednesday the 2nd), at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre, seeing Tom Stoppard's ROCK 'n' ROLL - after having gotten shafted because of the strike. Nevertheless, I have primo seats for the performance, and (as expected), am greatly looking forward to it.

As for the rest of January? I have 5 more shows booked before the month is out... IS HE DEAD? on Thursday, the 3rd, The Fantasticks on the 7th, Lion King on the 10th, NOVEMBER (the night before opening) on the 16th, and rounding out the month is front row center for THE LITTLE MERMAID on the 30th. Quite the eventful month, I must say. HAPPY THEATREGOING!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#83re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 10:14pm

Spring Awakening - January 19 (Front Row Dead Center seats)
Spelling Bee - January 20

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#84re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 10:17pm

Mine will probably be Sunday In The Park in February.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#85re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 10:25pm

Sweeney will be my first show of the year.

As for planned Broadway shows:

Spamalot
Spring Awakening
In the Heights

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#86re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/1/08 at 10:56pm

Curtain for the second time- Feb 10
Young Frankenstein or TLM - Possibly later in the month
Avenue Q -March
Gypsy- April

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

BwayLove2
#87re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 1:11am

Not a show, it's a cabaret starring Anthony Rapp - The Joe Iconis Rock and Roll Jamboree on January 5th! So excited to see what Anthony sings!!!

coolphantom919 Profile Photo
coolphantom919
#88re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 2:08am

The Wedding Singer

viola13
#89re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 2:56am

Just saw August: Osage County tonight!

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#90re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 3:09am

TLM on the 8th
Legally Blonde matinée on the 9th
We will either get lotto tickets or something from TKTS for the evening show on the 9th

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#91re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 10:47am

A:OC last night (3rd time).

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#92re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 10:51am

CYRANO tonight.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#93re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/2/08 at 10:55am

I've got tickets coming up for Speech and Debate (Friday) AND Next to Normal but those are both off broadway.

I don't know what my first broadway show will be - the next one I have tickets for is Sunday in the Park but surely I'll see something else before then.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#94re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/3/08 at 9:44am

SOUTH PACIFIC- Friday, March 7th in the 2nd row on the left side of the orchestra
= )

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#95re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/3/08 at 10:11am

It's a repeat visit to Xanadu on Sat. (1/5). I'm hoping to catch Fantasia in Color Purple this weekend as well.
Other shows: Little Mermaid next Wed. night, and Wicked (finally get to see Stephanie J. Block!) on 1/15. Planning on a return trip to August: Osage County and I want to see Rock and Roll. Seeing South Pacific in March and Next to Normal in late Jan. probably.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

LeaGirl Profile Photo
LeaGirl
#96re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/3/08 at 10:24am

And it ended up being Curtains last night. A last minute decision. Oops. I knew I wouldn't last till Friday.

Now what would you say if today I started over? Without a thing but this taped together four leaf clover And I'll pretend like everything is already alright And I'll run toward the sun till the castle's out of sight

RyToast1
#97re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/3/08 at 10:52am

I'm seeing Xanadu for the first time tonight....I'm quite excited!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#98re: Your first Broadway show in 2008?
Posted: 1/3/08 at 11:55am

I saw an Off Broadway show - Forbidden Broadway on Jan 2.
I see my first Broadway show of the New Year, tonight.
The Homecoming. I can't wait. I adore Eve Best and Raul Esparza.

Videos