#1150The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/4/16 at 8:51am

Here's the photo.

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/760845849517780992

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

umbrellaman
#1151The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/4/16 at 10:52am

Still no permanent Lafayette/Jefferson replacement announced?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1152The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/6/16 at 12:22am

HAPPY ONE-YEAR OPENING ANNIVERSARYHamilton!

Updated On: 8/6/16 at 12:22 AM

sydney16
#1153The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/9/16 at 10:38pm

omg

I'm pretty sure that Cynthia Erivo is the Ham4Ham guest tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoryOMalley/status/763053929957646337

It's either her or Heather Headley.

Updated On: 8/9/16 at 10:38 PM

Mediamaven2
#1154The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 11:38am

sydney16 said: "omg

Wow thanks. Disgusting outside today with chance of storms, but I have the day off and am actually TEMPTED to jump on the subway and get to the theater for the 'show'. 12:30?  I might just do it. Just thinking if it's raining...the show DOES go on, right? I think I recall they are under the marquee...

"

ashk8177
#1155The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 11:42am

Yes, they still have the show if it is raining. It's not a very pleasant experience with umbrellas everywhere but it will happen. 

Jmjazz
#1156The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 5:51pm

sydney16 said: "omg

Just watched this on Youtube. My GOD. The GIRL can SING.

"

Burgcenafan
#1157The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:32pm

I was wondering does the main cast normally perform on the Saturday matinee? I'm basically trying to figure out information on who goes on for everyone except Hamilton due to Javier's schedule. Thanks for any and all information.

petewk87
#1158The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 9:36pm

Per his twitter and Facebook, Javi only takes Mondays (and in the fall, Sundays) off.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1159The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/10/16 at 10:45pm

Hamilton is the only character with an alternate.  Everyone else should be "expected" for all performances.  (Of course, that is barring vacations, personal days  and  illness.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Burgcenafan
#1160The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/12/16 at 4:34pm

Can someone describe or have a picture of where the cancellation line begins so I know where to stand when I go, if not do I stand by the side closer to stage door or to the left side where the line rules are posted?

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1161The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/12/16 at 5:55pm

@Burgcenafan.

No need to post the same questions here and in the Hamilton Cancellation thread as well. One or the other is fine as both will be read by someone.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

sydney16
BroadwayConcierge
#1163The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/17/16 at 5:57pm

Still don't think I've read too many in-depth thoughts on Lexi Lawson's performance as Eliza yet. Anybody?

matineeidol2591
#1164The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/18/16 at 10:59pm

I caught the show tonight.  First time!!  Lexi Lawson is BASIC af.  Perhaps she'll settle more into the role, but her acting leaves much to be desired.  She's extremely pretty, has good energy, and her vocals are sufficient.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1165The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/18/16 at 11:14pm

I heard an audio of her Burn from one of her first performances back, I thought she sounded really great. honestly I liked her voice more then Phillipa, but thats just me

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#1166The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 9:31am

If anyone is interested, someone posted a ton of Hamilton videos on youtube. The account name is Fernanda Hamilton. I'm sure they'll be taken down within the next couple of days, so watch them while you can. I feel bad watching them because Lin has said so many times how he doesn't want bootlegs, but they're just too good to miss. I'm having such an inner conflict...

BroadwayConcierge
#1167The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 9:32am

Tomorrow night marks the start of Brandon Victor Dixon's tenure as Burr! Cannot wait to hear how he is. Anybody going tomorrow night or at least soon?

Updated On: 8/22/16 at 09:32 AM

Notadiva2
#1168The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 11:37am

I'm going tomorrow! We bought these tickets in December, so I'm kind of tickled that it worked out like this. I saw the show in March, so it'll be fun to hear a new voice as Burr. 

neonlightsxo
#1169The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 12:01pm

matineeidol2591 said: "I caught the show tonight.  First time!!  Lexi Lawson is BASIC af.  Perhaps she'll settle more into the role, but her acting leaves much to be desired.  She's extremely pretty, has good energy, and her vocals are sufficient."

Can you explain more what you mean by "BASIC" I'm not a teenager so I'm not really sure what that means in this context...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1170The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 12:04pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Basic

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#1171The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 1:42pm

Jshan05 said: "If anyone is interested, someone posted a ton of Hamilton videos on youtube. The account name is Fernanda Hamilton. I'm sure they'll be taken down within the next couple of days, so watch them while you can. I feel bad watching them because Lin has said so many times how he doesn't want bootlegs, but they're just too good to miss. I'm having such an inner conflict...

Don't feel too bad.  Those videos she posted are flipped (mirrored) of what they are originally so the staging is all off, LOL!  An example, If someone comes from stage left (like Burr in the opening song) in the videos he'll appear to be coming from stage right.  So you're not really seeing what Lin intended. (Hope this makes your inner conflict feel better!)

Updated On: 8/22/16 at 01:42 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#1172The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 2:06pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: Don't feel too bad.  Those videos she posted are flipped (mirrored) of what they are originally so the staging is all off, LOL!  An example, If someone comes from stage left (like Burr in the opening song) in the videos he'll appear to be coming from stage right.  So you're not really seeing what Lin intended. (Hope this makes your inner conflict feel better!)"

Yeah I actually figured that out during the opening number.  I saw the show back in March and was so confused as to why Lin entered from the opposite side. It makes me feel a TAD bit better, but I just keep thinking how disappointed he would be if he knew the complete show was recorded. Whatever, I'm still going to watch it. :)

neonlightsxo
#1173The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 2:07pm

LizzieCurry said: "http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Basic"

I specifically asked what they meant in this context. IE in using it as a word to describe a performance.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#1174The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 8/22/16 at 4:20pm

the show has been recorded many times and he's aware of that.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Videos