LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#100LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:34am

I'm asking this as nicely as I can think of: philly, did you have an ed plan in hs?  I cannot truly believe you are THIS dense.

And i mean no disrespect to anyone that did have an ed plan

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 4/21/15 at 11:34 AM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#101LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:35am

asks the one who believes Puerto Ricans would hate In the Heights

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#102LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:38am

Dramamama, talking to him is like talking to a wall. Just block him. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phillypinto
#103LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:42am

Kad, MYOB

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#104LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:42am

Pinto's posts should be handed out to highschoolers instead of condoms. 

Phillypinto
#105LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:43am

They certainly would enjoy reading my posts more than using condoms

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#106LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:44am

*sigh*

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#107LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 12:05pm

Someone tell me when his 15 minutes is over.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#108LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 4:13pm

As nasty as they were to Gigi,they were much kinder here than I thought they would be.

Poster Emeritus

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#109LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:13pm

Philly, why do you call people ugly? This is the second time I've noticed you doing this as a diss. As someone who constantly tries to call people out for being immature and rude [to you], it seems like you are more immature than the people that [rightly] are rude to you. #asshat

BosBroad
#110LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:19pm

They have some great pull quotes running.

www.livingonlovebroadway.com

Overall, very happy with the reception.  I thought Teachout was just.... way off... but I can see where most of the reviewers were coming from.  I personally loved the play and want to see it again, but I get that this is a show that has a particular demographic.

Phillypinto
#111LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:27pm

aww your upset I'm being mean or honest? haahah

Pootie2
#112LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:36pm

"Dramamama, talking to him is like talking to a wall. Just block him. "

I disagree. Walls are actually functional things.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Phillypinto
#113LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 5:41pm

She never said walls weren't functional. She said you can't talk to them. Stupid :) hahahah

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#114LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:00pm

I'm tired of half the threads on here turning into childish arguments. Get a grip, people.

I remember there used to be a way to block individual users. I never used it when it was first introduced, and now the Sticky with that kind of information is gone since the redesign.

Can anyone help me out with a how-to? I just want to read BW in peace.

Phillypinto
#115LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:04pm

are you going to block me?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#116LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:07pm

Part of me REALLY wants to see this and part of me REALLY does not. I can't decide. 

Phillypinto
#117LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:12pm

The overall consensus of the show is that it is a frothy dessert. Renee and Douglas got very nice notices. Plus, you get to hear one of the greatest opera singers ever singer Irving Berlin's "Always" and snippets of arias here and there. I think its worth it.

BosBroad
#118LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:23pm

GreasedLightning:

Well, I think it takes an open mind and maybe a small knowledge of basic opera myths.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I laughed throughout (except the first 10 minutes).

aj88
#119LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:36pm

"Part of me REALLY wants to see this and part of me REALLY does not. I can't decide. "

I'm with you on this one. I don't know if I really, really want to but I wouldn't mind seeing it and it isn't like tickets are outrageous. Still, there are still several others I want to see more so this may just have to take a back seat.

I am still thinking this will end up closing by June. 

Phillypinto
#120LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:38pm

I heard the first 10 minutes are tighter and better now

AEA AGMA SM
#121LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 7:58pm

"I'm tired of half the threads on here turning into childish arguments. Get a grip, people.
I remember there used to be a way to block individual users. I never used it when it was first introduced, and now the Sticky with that kind of information is gone since the redesign.
Can anyone help me out with a how-to? I just want to read BW in peace."

The post with instructions on how to block somebody is pinned at the top of the second page of the board. And here's a link to it.

Ignore User Function

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#122LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:23pm

Keep in mind that if you block Pinto many of the other comments on this board won't make any sense because a high percentage of the overall number of comments are in response or re-response to something Philly said.  It is a real dilemma!

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#123LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:32pm

Pinto-what you posted at 7:12PM is a perfectly fine comment, containing a good summary as well as your opinion. If you can manage to post things like that and deep six the ridiculousness, you'll be surprised how quickly people will forget what a clown you were when you first got here. Give it a try! Others here will still disagree with you sometimes, but without the hostility you have invited. And you'll feel better about yourself too.

indytallguy
#124LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/21/15 at 9:45pm

"Pinto-what you posted at 7:12PM is a perfectly fine comment, containing a good summary as well as your opinion. If you can manage to post things like that and deep six the ridiculousness, you'll be surprised how quickly people will forget what a clown you were when you first got here. Give it a try! Others here will still disagree with you sometimes, but without the hostility you have invited. And you'll feel better about yourself too."

This. 

Videos