pixeltracker

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL- Page 5

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#100Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 8:40am

I've personally been trying to process this since before bed last night and there are so many options.

1) Producers of Waitress can't find a star and NEED her to stay on and offered a huge pay increase. (Bad choice)

2) She is Pregnant (understandable)

3) She is our Eliza Doolittle (potentially great choice)

4) She's going back to Frozen (horrible choice)

5) She has a massive Film or TV role coming up (potentially great choice)

smidge
#101Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 8:44am

Hamilfan2 said: "Here I Am said: "So, Betsy Wolfedepartedoriginating the lead role in Frozen. Then she departed originating amajor principal role in ahigh profile Broadway revival. Both roles could have very easily earned her Tony nominations, or even wins for that matter!"

1) I dont think either departure was her choice

2) I think the fact that she ever had both of those parts is a testament to her great skill and an actress and proof that she will have more high profile roles coming down the pipeline.

3) I agree she definitely would've been nominated for Carousel, but I doubt the Tonys will give Frozen very many nominations or wins. They don't seem to like to reward the Disney shows (JMI being the exception to this of course)
"

It took me forever to figure out JMI. At first I thought "That's a funny abbreviation for The Lion King ".

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#102Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:06am

I'm just so confused.. so many possibilities 

broadwayboy223
#103Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:37am

I wonder if we will ever find out :/ I'm really sad this morning. Betsy is incredible and I just hope she still finds success 

SeanD2
#104Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:43am

I agree with the others who said it, my first instinct was she's pg and not ready to announce it publicly (but it will be announced "in the fall"Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL 

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 09:43 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#105Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:58am

Very sad to hear this. Mueller peaked my interest (I've never been a huge fan of the show itself), but the addition of Wolfe had me excited to go. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

hl29
#106Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:31am

Jessetenny said: "

"

She did not leave Frozen on her own accord and I highly doubt she could just go back to the show as she wishes.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#107Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:37am

>Mueller peaked my interest<

piqued

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#108Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:40am

Smaxie said: ">Mueller peaked my interest<

piqued
"

Whoops - thanks.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

cb2addict2 Profile Photo
cb2addict2
#109Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:42am

for people wondering about her fall commitment comments yes, they are doing a month long workshop of CAROUSEL in October. 

I vote Jessie play both parts Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL

JennH
#110Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:45am

hl29 said: "Jessetenny said: "

"

She did not leave Frozen on her own accord and I highly doubt she could just go back to the show as she wishes.
"

Well that's the question isn't it? In her Interval interview she heavily suggests that SHE left it, but of course you also have a conflicting Post article quoting Grandage. But then with this info that's she's leaving Carousel, I wonder if this is what she was referring to in the Interval instead...obviously this was in the works before announcing it. This, among many other examples, are just proof that whatever is said to the press doesn't necessarily mean it's all true, if any of it. If she was indeed released from Frozen not by choice, there's no one involved who's going to tell that to the press, regardless of it's truth of not. It reminds me of the Spiderman PR back when. So many people got hurt, but yet every single person interviewed only made it out to be unicorns and rainbow and "Of course, I still love the show, of course I'll go back!" By the time the third and/or fourth person got hurt, I knew something was very wrong, there's no way all those people were being honest. But I'll repeat...who's gonna be honest when they're dealing with the Press with those kinds of issues? No one. So unless you're Betsy or anyone directly involved, we'll never know what REALLY happened there.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#111Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:45am

cb2addict2 said: "for people wondering about her fall commitment comments yes, they are doing a month long workshop of CAROUSEL in October.

I vote Jessie play both parts Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
"

Is Joshua Henry leaving Hamilton for a month? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#112Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:51am

Workshops are usually done in the daytime and work around working Actor's schedules.

AND who is wasting money on a "workshop" of a show that is practically perfect?

I don't get that.

Call_me_jorge
#113Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:19am

CurtainPullDowner said: "Workshops are usually done in the daytime and work around working Actor's schedules.

I don't get that.

"

Joshua is in Hamilton in LA right now. So I would find it difficult for him to be flying back and forth everyday.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#114Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:20am

CurtainPullDowner said: "Workshops are usually done in the daytime and work around working Actor's schedules.

I don't get that.

"

Joshua Henry is in Hamilton in Los Angeles. So he would have to leave the show to do the workshop in NY, wouldn't he?

Also, and I might be misinformed, but it seems like the workshop could be like pre-rehearsal almost, so they can work out what this revival is going to be before they are in the time crunch of rehearsal in the winter. This idea makes sense to me, given how long previews are.

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 11:20 AM

Call_me_jorge
#115Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:21am

Also, Scott Rudin does a big workshop for all his shows. Evan revivals. Hello, Dolly had one last year.

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 11:21 AM

Elegance101
#116Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:33am

If this is the case, maybe Rudin won't let her do the show if she can't do the workshop this fall? If anyone read her Interval interview, she seems very busy with Waitress as well as outside commitments. If she truly meant "this fall" I don't think it's pregnancy.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#117Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:37am

I can understand Rudin wanting the full workshop company to do the Broadway show as well. So that would be a valid excuse, but surprised they would announce her not knowing it. 

Elegance101
#118Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:43am

This seems to have happened very suddenly over the weekend. Given how excited she was only a few days ago, they must have thought they could work around her commitments, but ultimately decided they couldn't. What are these commitments though?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#119Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:55am

When they do a 'workshop' of one of these old classic shows, often what it is is a 'lab' for musical staging. Given how important the vocabulary of dance is to CAROUSEL, I would imagine much of the workshop is going to explore that component.  Workshops are also a way to show potential investors "something" - remember most Broadway shows are still raising funds well into Broadway previews.

Obviously she unexpectedly 'booked' something over the weekend that is bigger than her role in CAROUSEL.  Whether that is a baby or Eliza Doolittle, I'm sure we will find out soon.  I can't imagine she was let go from CAROUSEL because they haven't even started any kind of rehearsal yet. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BruceWayne5148
#120Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:58am

Please see Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Instagram stories for a dramatic reading of post #100 wink

Oh, the drama. 

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 11:58 AM

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#121Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:05pm

Oh, please let it be Eliza! That would be so great!

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#122Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:15pm

For the record, Carousel is starting rehearsals in October.

Add me to the list of those completely gutted about this. The only way I could feel better about it is if she's Elsa, but I'm definitely investigating her "secret announcement" in LA she mentioned a few days ago. And I think if it was pregnancy, she would have called out of some shows recently. Has she?

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 12:15 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#123Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:28pm

BruceWayne5148 said: "Please see Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Instagram stories for a dramatic reading of post #100wink

Oh, the drama.
"

Holy sh*t, that's hilarious. He needs to do this more often. 

Updated On: 9/19/17 at 12:28 PM

broadwayboy223
#124Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:45pm

Betsy also posted about his story on her Instagram. She just  said "My Queen" with a heart emoji. 

Videos