pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 5

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

BCfitasafiddle
#100Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/2/22 at 6:22pm

These rush reports make me excited. Can't wait to do it. I hope my seats are as good as the others!

Jilani
#101Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/3/22 at 4:30pm

Thanks for these tips!  Based on recent reports, I got there at 8:02 a.m. today (a Thursday) and was the 6th person in line (I didn't ask people ahead of me what time they got there, but 3 of them were sitting in camping chairs so they may have been there a while).  By 8:30 a.m., there were 12 more people behind me in line.  At 10:00 a.m., when the box office opened, there were more than 40 people total in line.  It was lightly raining and the temperature was around 40 (I was the last person in line sheltered by the marquee, which was nice).  I'm not sure how successful the latter part of the line was, but my 2 tickets are Right Orchestra L10 and L12.  Seats L6 and L8 are currently still on sale at a full price of $279 each, so $49 is definitely a great deal and worth a couple hours' wait!

bwiflyer Profile Photo
bwiflyer
#102Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:51pm

Is it $49 flat or plus some fees? Is it cash only or cards too?  Hoping to give it a go next weekend for Saturday evening.

benfox2 Profile Photo
benfox2
#103Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/3/22 at 10:55pm

$49 flat(includes fees and taxes). I have no clue if it's cash or card only, but I payed with card.

thatdarnzach
#104Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/4/22 at 10:18am

Georgeanddot2 said: "Very gracious of this production to allow the poors to wait for hours in the cold for bad seats."

Someone forgot the days before digital lotteries and TodayTix rush when *every show* had a line that started at 5-6am. Ah, the days of the Rush Report. Many, many, many mornings in my early 20's were spent outside a theatre.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#105Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/4/22 at 11:07am

I remember as far back as when there were no Premium Seats nor Rush tickets.  The days when it was just cancellation lines and Standing Room Only.

RENT created the Rush tickets in 1996 with their $20 front row seats to make the show affordable to many, not just struggling artists. The newly opened revival of CHICAGO started offering $20 front row seats as well.  Both shows sold them as first-come/first-serve which created those overnight camp-outs.  They later started the lottery system to end those overnight camp-outs.

In 2001, Mel Brooks’ THE PRODUCERS started the Premium Seats when they saw people were buying insanely priced reseller tickets so they wanted to join in on those profits. Highest Premium Seats were about $495 where resellers were easily getting $1,500 for those seats. 

stlrod
#106Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/4/22 at 1:30pm

Not rush but there are a bunch of $99 tix for 2/12 matinee.

bwiflyer Profile Photo
bwiflyer
#107Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/4/22 at 3:47pm

So I am looking at tonight's 8PM show (in 4 hours) and there are still probably 30 seats left, some really nice. Does this mean they hold a bunch back even from Rush sale, or does this just mean even with those who waited in Rush this morning, they still had tickets left over if more people had been in the rush line?

yyys
#108Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/4/22 at 6:37pm

they will sell those left at regular price. They usually sold all of rush tickets and will not add anymore.

bwiflyer said: "So I am looking at tonight's 8PM show (in 4 hours) and there are still probably 30 seats left, some really nice. Does this mean they hold a bunch back even from Rush sale, or does this just mean even with those who waited in Rush this morning, they still had tickets left over if more people had been in the rush line?"

Mahi
#109Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/5/22 at 8:42am

Reached theater at 7:59 am. To my surprise there were 49 people in line already. With sub zero temperatures today, chances of getting a tkt was very slim with so many lined up. Came back and will rush Wednesday or another Saturday. 

BruceLeroy240
#110Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/5/22 at 12:48pm

I may have a pair of partial view for tonight.  I’m currently trying to swap them for mj.  We didn’t realize they dont currently have a Sunday show so we’re trying to figure a way to see it.

jam__18
#111Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/5/22 at 6:00pm

i got in line at 8:20 am today (2/5) and they were out of the 8pm rush tickets and almost out of matinee when there were probably 10-15 people still in front of me. I want to try again tomorrow- but it’s a Sunday and the box office doesn’t open until 12pm. Does anyone have a recommended time we should get out there? Will people still be out there at 6/7am? Or will it be later since it’s a later opening?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#112Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/5/22 at 8:00pm

anyone know if they've been selling SRO?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jam__18
#113Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/7/22 at 9:07am

I rushed yesterday (Sunday, 2/6) and got in line around 8:30. I was 7th in line (until about 11:30 when two additional women joined the 2nd person in line). The line didn't grow behind us until 9:30-10- 10 would've been a perfect time to get in line for a 12pm opening. We got partial view tickets in Orchestra Row B on the very end on the left side of the stage. We just couldn't see the left side of the stage or anything in the very back of the stage, but most of the show is front and center so I didn't feel like we missed much!

mamaleh2
#114Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/8/22 at 1:30pm

I’ve inquired at the box office from time to time, and the answer is always “no” to standing room. 

chrishuyen
#115Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/9/22 at 11:31am

Rushed today (2/9) and got there around 8:35. A rough headcount of number of people in front of me was somewhere around 35-40 but it's also a 2 show day. The first person got there at 5:40 and second person said they got there about 5 minutes after. I ended up getting box seats for the evening which are partial view, as did the person directly behind me. The person behind them got orchestra R for the matinee and another person who got there around 8:15 said they got orchestra P for matinee. 

Miriam Garfinkel
#116Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/9/22 at 5:10pm

chrishuyen said: "Rushed today (2/9) and got there around 8:35. A rough headcount of number of people in front of me was somewhere around 35-40 but it's also a 2 show day. The first person got there at 5:40 and second person said they got there about 5 minutes after. I ended up getting box seats for the evening which are partial view, as did the person directly behind me. The person behind them got orchestra R for the matinee and another person who got there around 8:15 said they got orchestra P for matinee."

I was first in line today and as the person above said I got there around 5:40. There were only four people behind me by 7 am and then by 7:30 the line reached the stardust diner and by 8 am it had curved back around. by 10 am the curve around was past the marquee and I'm curious to find out at what point they ran out of tickets because there were 60+ people in line.

I got 2 evening show tickets placed at ORCH left row A seats 9-11. The box office also told me that it was either obstructed view in pairs or regular view in singles. Hope that helps anyone.

terrilovesNY
#117Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/10/22 at 4:17pm

I rushed on Tuesday 2/8, arrived at 6:00 and was first in line, next people showed up at 6:15. By 7 about 10 more arrived and there was a steady stream until the box office opened, line stretched down the block & around the corner, I was told only partial/obstructed view seats being offered. I got left orch A9 for $49. There is a piano that comes on stage right in front of you for 2 scenes and you miss a little of the action. Being so close was amazing! 

_meow
#118Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/15/22 at 9:21pm

Rushed on Sunday (2/13) when it was snowing outside for the entire morning/early afternoon. I got there at around 8:10/8:15 and was 9th (6th group). The person in front of me got there a few minutes prior to me and the group behind me got there around 8:35/8:40am. Next group probably a bit before 9am. It was pretty quiet until 9:30am iirc. Box office opens at 12pm on Sundays. I counted around 11:30am and there as about 45 people behind me.

I'm not sure how many tickets were sold and at what point they sold out. Sat on the very last seats in left orchestra and other rush people sat around me (first 5 rows or so). I heard someone around me say they got there around 10 and was the second to last "group" to buy. They got a single ticket though so not sure if that affected much.

Also all tickets sound were considered "partial view" from the teller-customer interactions I heard.

Updated On: 2/15/22 at 09:21 PM

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#119Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/16/22 at 6:41am

Amazed to find myself first in line, arriving just before 6:30

sciencegirl
#120Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/16/22 at 8:35am

Here, too.

Got here at 7:30 (not as bright eyed and bushy tailed as the guy at the front). Was 7th in line, but w two people joining their friends, I'm now 9th.  Should be in the first dozen getting tix. 

At 8:30 there's about 10 ppl behind me now. If you're thinking of rushing, today looks like a good day to do it!

Edit-

8:45 am - Desperately need coffee. Losing feeling in my toes.

9am - 20-25 ppl behind me. 

Updated On: 2/16/22 at 08:35 AM

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#121Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/16/22 at 9:03am

I have definitely lost all sensation in my toes now! 
Although being wide awake at this time means for once the jetlag is working in my favour 😂

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#122Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/17/22 at 9:02am

Got A9 Orchestra from rush, which I thought was a really great seat. As other have mentioned there are two moments where your view is slightly restricted by a piano but its only 5 minutes or so total. Bargain at $49 and well worth the wait - really enjoyed the show.

joshdog2014
#123Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/18/22 at 10:26am

Got there at 6:05 today and was #6 and #7 in line. I think the first person said they got there around 5:45. There were probably around 15 people by 7, and then over 50 people in line by the time the box office opened. Got O40/42 and P42/44

julianne7
#124Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 2/18/22 at 12:33pm

I rushed yesterday Thu 2/17 and got there about 6:30am and was third in line. Someone showed up behind me about 6:45 and someone showed up to join the first person in line about 20 min after. The man directly in front of me (second in line) confronted them about cutting and they said they were only going to get one ticket each, which was a lie because they actually bought two tickets each when the time came. But ultimately, I'm lucky because I got better seats for the guy cutting us. The three in front of me got the ends of orchestra left for rows A, B, and C and I got D13 and D15. Great seats, didn't miss much and I didn't have piano obstruction like some of the other comments here. The 6th person in line showed up about 7:20am and it seemed to fill out from there. 

Even though the temp was only low 50s, I'm glad I bundled up because it got really cold sitting there for hours! 

Videos