pixeltracker

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more- Page 5

JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#100JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 6:59pm

Of course not.  But his hypothetical real estate listing would never exist to begin with.  And Orthodox Jews have been moving to waspy towns in droves. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#101JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 7:40pm

New Jersey and NYC suburbs are not WASPy. Drop the word from your vocabulary until you know what it means. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PipingHotPiccolo
#102JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 8:07pm

Look, its clear this person is horrifyingly ignorant and bigoted here, and its not our job to educate them. But it IS shocking that we cant discuss a HOST of topics on these boards without moderators swooping in and killing whole threads, but this rampant antisemitism is being openly tolerated for the better part of a full day.

Literally, this person is complaining about "hoards of Jews" moving into neighborhoods "in droves." Moderators where are you? This is appalling.

Broadway Flash
#103JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 8:14pm

Seth rudetsky uses the word to describe non Jewish whites.  Theres different definitions 

PipingHotPiccolo
#104JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 8:18pm

Broadway Flash said: "Seth rudetsky uses the word to describe non Jewish whites. Theres different definitions"

There are not different definitions just because you want to justify your ignorant use of a term you clearly used without knowing what you were saying.

But we are beyond that, as you've managed to turn your gripes about Jason Robert Brown and the color of Hannah Cruz's skin (both repulsive takes in and of themselves, dont get me wrong) into a screed about undesirable Jews moving into certain neighborhoods in a manner you do not approve of. This is as close to hatespeech as I've ever seen on these boards, and would not be tolerated for ANY other minority. 

Broadway Flash
#105JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 8:22pm

When did i anything about undesirable Jews?  Most of the men I’ve dated have been Jewish.  And as far as Hanna Cruz’s skin, she said herself at a talkback after the show yesterday afternoon that it’s a slippery slop because she’s white passing.  You don’t know what you’re talking about. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#106JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 9:47pm

At the risk of adding to this idiocy, I will note that Hannah Cruz was known as Hannah Rose Deflumeri until only a few years ago. I have known who she is since she was in high school and a clip of her teenage turn as Mama Rose on YouTube gathered major attention. She subsequently starred in some non-Equity tours and I had always thought she was white until she suddenly became Hannah Cruz and was starring in Hamilton. It seemed like a self-marketing move, which a lot of people do, and that’s cool, but it’s true that she doesn’t really look Latina, and is clearly half Italian or something. The whole thing is a little weird to me, but hey, it’s clearly working out for her.

Broadway Flash
#107JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 10:18pm

This is exactly what was talked about during the talkback.  Ann Sanders said someone told her she would book more work if she took her mother’s maiden name, Cheng.  She said she would never do that because her father meant more to her than anyone else in the world.  Racism is wrong in all its forms.  There’s been controversy over Georgia Stitts music program for not accepting white applicants, and yet in JRB’s show he’s casting white girls for Latina roles.  

PipingHotPiccolo
#108JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 10:43pm

The Distinctive Baritone said: "At the risk of adding to this idiocy, I will note that Hannah Cruz was known asHannah Rose Deflumeri until only a few years ago. I have known who she is since she was in high school and a clip of her teenage turn as Mama Rose on YouTube gathered major attention. She subsequently starred in some non-Equity tours andI had always thought she was white until she suddenly became Hannah Cruz and was starring in Hamilton. It seemed like a self-marketing move, which a lot of people do, and that’s cool, but it’strue that she doesn’t really look Latina, and is clearly half Italian or something. The whole thing is a little weird to me, but hey, it’s clearly working out for her."

You are not adding to the idiocy, you are legitimizing the rantings of a bigot by taking them up on their foolishness. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#109JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/12/24 at 11:07pm

I am a white guy married to a Latina and our daughter is also mixed, so I have a bit of a vested interest in the subject. Our last name is very “white,” and if she grows up, wants to become an actress, and decides  to use her mother’s maiden name (also Cruz, incidentally) as a stage name in order to book more Latina roles, I would 100% understand and support that. However, I don’t want to speculate any further about Ms. Cruz’s motives for changing her last name.

BTW, “WASP” indeed has only one meaning…

MemorableUserName
#110JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/14/24 at 11:09am

To prove I don't only post negative things here, and as a break from the questionable places the thread has ventured lately:

Original Cast Recording of Jason Robert Brown's THE CONNECTOR Will Be Released This S

BETTY22
#111JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 2/14/24 at 11:44am

I wanted to love this - but alas, I didn't.

However, I did love seeing a new musical that wasn't full of pop hits or based on a big blockbuster movie. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#112JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 3/4/24 at 2:29pm

To the folks asking about stage door: I went on Saturday matinee and several members of the cast (including Ben, Max, Eliseo, and Hannah) came out into the lobby area and stopped and signed/took photos with people. 

There was a talkback after the matinee with JRB and a bunch of the music team, and I noticed people lingering around attempting to catch him after. I left before the talkback ended, so not sure if he ended up coming out or not. 

I went into the show not knowing anything about it and really enjoyed it. I was invested the entire time and I thought Ben and Hannah sang the crap out of the score [can't wait for the cast album]. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 3/4/24 at 02:29 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#114JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:23pm

Lol, looks like Brown is upset this information was leaked. Crazy bad journalism from BWW, but that shouldn’t shock anyone.

So when you say, "Jason Robert Brown announced the news with an Instagram post," and then you don't have any Instagram post from me (because there isn't one, because I've never announced it), maybe that's someone making an assumption without any sourcing? Like, bad journalism? Like, maybe you should take down an article that has bad fake sourcing in it? How hard would it have been to reach out to me or the label for comment? Is that not a thing you have to do anymore?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Ptero2
#116JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/8/24 at 9:50am

Regardless of the drama below, the release date appears to be accurate and is posted to Jessica Molaskey's IG (and has been reposted by other cast members):

https://www.instagram.com/p/C75Ij0EvKjJ/?hl=en

Cast recording June 21st!

JSquared2
#117JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/8/24 at 7:37pm

He should be grateful it’s been recorded at all. The show was god awful. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#118JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/8/24 at 7:42pm

I honestly thought it was one of his strongest scores in years. 

PipingHotPiccolo
#119JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/9/24 at 12:12am

Jordan Catalano said: "I honestly thought it was one of his strongest scores in years."

No idea if/why hes angry, but I agree this score was a gem and so well sung/performed. 

CJRochester
#120JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/11/24 at 6:58pm

More info on the cast album, including the track list and a video of Ben in the recording studio singing "See Yourself."

https://playbill.com/article/the-connector-cast-album-gets-june-release-date Updated On: 6/11/24 at 06:58 PM

willep
MemorableUserName
#122JRB's THE CONNECTOR at MCC will star Scott Bakula, Jessica Molaskey, Ben Levi Ross, & more
Posted: 6/11/24 at 11:37pm

BWW misattributed Molaskey's post to Brown, but otherwise the story was correct. Four days later, the release date--which one of the stars of his show announced on Instagram a day before jacobsanchez posted it and BWW picked it up--has now been confirmed.

And yes, we live in a world where social media posts are now frequently used as the basis of articles without reaching out to the parties for comment. (Remember Cardoza from The Notebook getting mugged a few months back? Multiple websites breathlessly repeated what he posted in his Instagram stories without further comment from him. The posts were the source.)

A savvier person might have used it as a marketing opportunity and cleverly claimed that his show was about the importance of truth and accuracy in journalism...and lo and behold, here was a real life example why! Buy the cast recording! Instead he just threw a hissy fit that made it seem like he was offended for having been confused with Jessica Molaskey.

Updated On: 6/11/24 at 11:37 PM

Videos