pixeltracker

Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??- Page 5

Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#100re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 2/22/08 at 5:19pm

I forgot Maureen Moore, she was so sweet.
Felicia Finley is hilarious.
Raul Esparza
Daniel Evans

And I know she's been mentioned in a sarcastic way, but Charlotte d;Amboise was very sweet.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 05:19 PM

Gagnier Profile Photo
Gagnier
#101re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:01pm

David Hyde Pierce

theater junkie
#102re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:04pm

Nicest
Matt Salvidar (sp?) wedding singer & Grease
Max and Laura - Grease - they just seemed so thrilled to be on broadway
Eden Espinosa - she had her dog and was showing him all around
Christian Hoff - great guy
Michael Cerveris - very chatty
Fantasia - Seriously she only chatted for a second but talk about appreciatibe

I agree with tgn915 I thought Anneleise Van der Pool was great in B&B, but at the stage door u would of thought Disney held a gun to her head and said you must sign autographs after. I felt bad for the little girls and Raven fans, I mean come on, just don't come out, if you are not overjoyed and appreciative to close the title part in a great show then I don't know what to say

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#103re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 2/22/08 at 7:18pm

Jonathan Groff. He is honestly such a sweetheart. He took the time to have a ten minute conversation with each person at stage door who wanted it and was really friendly and open. He wasnt cold and rushed, like every single girl in the cast. Annaleigh Ashford and Orfeh are def. runners up, but JonGroff is THE nicest star I've ever met.

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

I*heart*Manhattan Profile Photo
I*heart*Manhattan
#104re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 5:22am

Charlotte D'amboise hands down!
When i met her at a chrous line she was so lovely, we had quite a long talk actually she started started asking me if i danced and for how long and how i liked NY and what i wanted to do when i finished scool. The amazing thing was she actually seemed genuinely interested (Shde also told me i was pretty but i think she does that at the stage door kinda often)

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#105re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 6:10am

Robert Preston. I met him in a bar. He was modest and charming. Preston was very well liked by the Broadway community.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#106re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:26am

Julie Reiber- Oh my goodness, we had a conversation, answered all of my little sisters questions, wow.

The [tos] cast- They are hilarious, and so kind and thankful.

Lin Manuel Miranda- What a sweethart! He takes time with people, I love it when people talk to him in Spanish and he speaks back. I love him!

Jonathan Groff- So personable! So huggable!

Bwayfan39
#107re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:55am

John Tartaglia
Andy Karl
Norm Lewis
Kristin Chenoweth

and he's not really a "Broadway Star" but Seth Rudetsky was the nicest man in the entire world

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#108re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 10:40am

Idina Menzel. I had prepared myself for a big diva ego and attitude and instead she was incredibly sweet and down to earth.

I would also add David Hyde Pierce. We was super nice.

Byron Abens
#109re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 10:51am

I had a great experience at the stage door when seeing Chicago back in January of 2000. Sandy Duncan, Mamie Duncan-Gibbs, and Ernie Sabella were each a joy to meet, despite the cold and being the end of a two show day.

On that same trip I saw a matinee of James Joyce's The Dead. Emily Skinner, who I was still in love with from Side Show, was so wonderful, stopping to chat with my friend and me even though it was cutting in to her lunch time. After just about everyone else had left and Alice Ripley had still not come out we asked the doorman if he knew if she was going to be coming out. He said he didn't think so, but asked us to wait a moment. After a minute he asked us to step inside and took us to Alice's dressing room. She told us that normally she didn't go out after matinees to avoid the crowds waiting for Christopher Walken, but as soon as she heard we were waiting specifically to see her she felt she had to make sure we did. Definitely a case of a performer going above and beyond to make sure a pair of young fans was not disappointed.

justafan2
#110re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 10:51am

Louise Pitre. She emailed me and spoke with me about our love of animals. She even posted my dogs' photos on her web site.
VERY nice (and talented!) person.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#111re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 11:23am

Jennifer Westfeldt
Donna Murphy
Eden Espinosa
Tom Hewitt

Hugh Jackman. Me and about 300 people were at the Imperial stage door, after BOY FROM OZ. I did'nt get face time, but he called my mom "ma'am," I got a good picture of his face and he seemed gracious.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Mactor327
#112re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 11:25am

Laura Bell Bundy!

SteamHeat2 Profile Photo
SteamHeat2
#113re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 12:28pm

Broadway Star: Sutton Foster during Seattle Shrek run. She was lovely and talked with me for 5 minutes and then signed and took pictures. It may have had something to do with the small crowd at the stage door that night and the fact that it was out of town but she was fun and sweet.

Also, John Tartaglia, Chris Sieber, Denny Paschall, Haven Burton.

Yes they are all from Shrek, but that was the nicest cast I have ever met.

Oh and Jonathon Crombie (Gilbert in the Anne of Green Gables) was great when I met him after a talk back after The Drowsy Chaperone in Seattle where he played Man in Chair.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#114re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 12:41pm

Many! But my favorite stagedoor encounters were with John Tartaglia, Christan Hoff, Roger Bart, Jim Borstelmann, Priscilla Lopez and everyone at [title of show]

lusciouslace Profile Photo
lusciouslace
#115re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 1:52pm

I do have to say that everybody I've met at stagedoors has been very nice. But a few stand out.

The entire cast of Hairspray a couple weeks ago...my goodness. They were very sweet and almost all of them came out, signed and talked to just about everybody. The woman who plays Motormouth Maybelle was awesome...she stopped and really talked for a while. Constantine and Brooke Engen were really sweet. And of course, I was soooo excited to meet Marissa Jaret Winokur and she was awesome.

Also, everybody from Xanadu and Legally Blonde (of those who came out) were really sweet. At Xanadu it was cold and rainy, but most of them still took the time to stop and sign or talk. Cheyenne....swoon...my goodness that man is beautiful.

But one of my favs is still Christian Borle after Millie. He and I talke for quite a while. He was very fun.

MillieDillmount Profile Photo
MillieDillmount
#116re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 2:04pm

Sutton Foster, hands down. I've been lucky enough to meet her three times [so far], but everytime when she sees my her face lights right up as if shes really excited to see me. And she always thanks ME for coming to the show. The last time I met her she actually said "It's so nice to see you again!" She def reconizes me! She is just so down to earth, such a sweetheart!!

Runners Up:
Megan Mullally: She was so sweet when I met her after Young Frankenstein! I was talking to my friend on the phone who was a HUGE Megan fan, but she didn't get to meet her yet, so after she met everyone I somehow worked up the guts to ask her to talk to her ... she just grabbed the phone from me and was like 'hi, friend!'. haha. She talked to her for a few mins! Plus she kept telling me that I didn't have on enough clothes, I'll catch a cold! haha. [I had a haltertop dress on in April ... it was warm to me. But she had on long sleeves and a scraf.]

Andrea Martin
Bob Martin
Beth Leavel
Mara Davi
The entire cast of A Chorus Line
Hunter Foster
Noble Shropshire [Understudy for Underling in Drowsy ... he was really funny]
Marissa O'Donnell [Teen Fiona in Shrek] She is a really sweet kid!

brandontwin2 Profile Photo
brandontwin2
#117re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 2:31pm

Lisa Brescia and Michelle London at Wicked in Chicago were amazingly nice. Michelle stood and talked with my mom and I at the stage door about where she went to school and about the show after I saw her at the matinée. Later that night I saw the show again and we talked for a little while after that. Lisa took pictures with me both times and shes said, "I think this is my third time seeing you in the past two days" we laughed and chatted for a bit. It was really nice. Pretty much the entire Chicago cast of Wicked is really great. Deedee and Cliffton Hall were also really nice when I saw Wicked on tour. They talked about my brother and I being twins and got in a conversation with my mom about their baby and life on tour.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#118re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 7:01pm

Felicia P. Fields of The Color Purple,went to take a picture with her, and my camera died, she went into the Broadway theatre, got me 2 double A batteries, literally put them in my camera for me and then we took a pic!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#119re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 7:44pm

Robin DeJesus is the sweetest! Very friendly and remembers people.
Bradley Whitford is great too, quite funny and down to earth!

dg22894
#120re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 8:54pm

Mario Lopez (So nice talked to be for like 10 minutes)
Micheal MClroy (sp) (It was after Wednesday matinee and he was walking out the regular door trying not to be noticed and I saw him and waved and he waved back and he motioned to come to him and said he would sign for me when we were not so close to the theater. I walked with him to a little restaurant he was really nice)

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#121re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:22pm

Boyd Gaines and Leigh Ann Larkin were so nice!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#122re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:35pm

Oh gosh, Hugh Panaro came to my school to speak and sing a few songs and sign autographs a few months ago, and I still haven't quite gotten over the experience. He is an absolutely lovely guy, so personable and friendly and funny. I got to 'interview' him onstage, and I was wearing my favourite purple dress, so the first thing he does when I walk onstage is grin and say, "Ooh, don't you look nice!" I have a Les Miserables binder for math, and one of the pictures is him as Jean Valjean, so he signed my binder for me, which makes math a bit less horrible for me.

He seemed so comfortable interacting with all of the kids-- and my theatre teacher has a HUUUUGE crush on him, and he was so sweet to her, hugging her and signing a bit poster for her. She still has it on the wall of the classroom and rhapsodizes about how 'hot' he is all the time. (She's got to be twenty years older than he is...) Most of the kids at my school had never heard of him before he came to my school, but now he's pretty much everyone's favourite Broadway performer.

Norm Lewis is absolutely lovely, too (and, okay, I admit, I have a crush on him, so I've never been more star-struck... ever) but I only met him for a few minutes.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 12/28/08 at 09:35 PM

Dollypop
#123re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:40pm

It's interesting to note how people use the term "star" these days. It seems anyone playing on broadway is now considered a "star". Don't get me wrong, they're all good performers but to me a STAR is Angela Lansbury, Lauren Bacall, Joel Grey, Mary Martin, etc.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Madcap Maisie Profile Photo
Madcap Maisie
#124re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
Posted: 12/28/08 at 9:50pm

Kristen Chenoweth
Stephanie J. Block
Orfeh

"You know what really makes me mad? When girls think they can sing just because they are on the Disney Channel."

Videos