pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 57

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Solipsist234
#1400HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 12:39am

Wow. Never in my life have I seen grown adults throw mini tantrums because two actresses who they despise in their roles aren't leaving a show they've been in for almost 2 years now! Like another poster said, it's a paycheck y'all! And it always will be. Instead of moaning and b*tching about why those two very talented actresses haven't left, can we instead talk about other things regarding Hamilton? Like its horrible PR team who doesn't give a head's up when someone is being replaced in the show? Honestly, so much time and so much thread space has been wasted by posters posting the same things about Mandy and Lexi; grow up, you castrated sycophants!

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#1401HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 12:53am

MadsonMelo said: "Those comments about most of the cast almost makes me feel bad about paying $250 to see the show. Is it still worth It, right? Hahaha"

Yes absolutely. The show is the star and Michael Luwoye's performance in the title role is amazing, as is Daniel Breaker as Burr.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1402HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 8:48am

MadsonMelo said: "Those comments about most of the cast almost makes me feel bad about paying $250 to see the show. Is it still worth It, right? Hahaha"

The show is definitely still worth it! The material itself remains a masterpiece and stands up brilliantly on its own, even with a few disappointing performances here and there. Michael Luwoye is the best Hamilton of all, in my opinion (and I I also adore Anthony Lee Medina and Joanna Jones in their roles).

MyLife
#1403HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 9:04am

Solipsist234 said: "Wow. Never in my life have I seen grown adults throw mini tantrums because two actresses who they despise in their roles aren't leaving a show they've been in for almost 2 years now! Like another poster said, it's a paycheck y'all! And it always will be. Instead of moaning and b*tching about why those two very talented actresses haven't left, can we instead talk about other things regarding Hamilton? Like its horrible PR team who doesn't give a head's up when someone is being replaced in the show? Honestly, so much time and so much thread space has been wasted by posters posting the same things about Mandy and Lexi; grow up, you castrated sycophants!"

I don't think anyone is blaming them for staying. Most of the comments above are about the producers and creative team, those who have a say in renewing contracts.

it's unfortunate because I really like Mandy and Lexi. They seem like wonderful people and are supremely talented. But these roles aren't the best fit for them. This is not a tantrum, it's an opinion. There's a difference.

robskynyc
#1404HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/13/18 at 9:18am

Solipsist234 said: "Honestly, so much time and so much thread space has been wasted by posters posting the same things about Mandy and Lexi"

and yet here you are mentioning them again...

in a post that serves no purpose to the threads point...

and youre such a crybaby that you went a made a new HamCast post? lol youre funny.

BroadwayConcierge
#1405HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/25/18 at 1:35pm

I have to imagine Chicago is getting a new Peggy/Maria soon, since Aubin Wise just announced on Instagram that she's pregnant!

MyLife
#1406HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/25/18 at 2:10pm

Congratulations to her!

That could add an interesting layer to the characters she portrays!

Alexander Lamar
#1407HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/29/18 at 9:03am

I came back to this thread to see if there was any indication as to when Lexi and Mandy were leaving. Damn!

robskynyc
#1408HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/29/18 at 10:41am

Alexander Lamar said: "I came back to this thread to see if there was any indication as to when Lexi and Mandy were leaving. Damn!"

STORY. OF. MY. LIFE. whenever this gets bumped. LOL

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1409HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 10:16am

Akron Watson is the new Aaron Burr in Chicago!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl3WJHhBMZY/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1410HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 10:48am

Wow, I didn't know Jin Ha was leaving.

Odd that Carl Clemons-Hopkins is no longer listed as a Burr understudy.  The feedback I heard about his performance was quite good.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 7/31/18 at 10:48 AM

LizzieCurry
#1411HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 12:45pm

I'm wondering where Jin Ha is going; he wasn't there for long! He had posted about moving boxes on his instagram story, though...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1412HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 12:53pm

He’s great in the show. How long was he with the Chicago production? As he been associated with Hamilton prior to the Chicago run?

LizzieCurry
#1413HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 12:54pm

He was the original Chicago James Reynolds.

Rainah
#1414HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/31/18 at 8:14pm

I thought the word was that Jin Ha was going to open the puerto rico production? 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1415HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/1/18 at 2:50pm

I’ve heard that rumor as well, Rainah. When he came back as Burr, it was never intended to be long term. I saw him as King George and he’s a very versatile actor. He could successfully play 3 or 4 of the male leads in Hamilton. I can see him being part of the global companies for a while.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1416HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 4:43pm

http://mobile.twitter.com/broadwaycom/status/1025107642769973249

looks like we are getting a new peggy.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

MadsonMelo
#1417HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 4:54pm

that's so fun LOL

BroadwayConcierge
#1418HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 5:03pm

Aw, happy for Joanna Jones! She'll be missed in Hamilton, though—she's really an excellent Peggy/Maria. The best Schuyler sister on Broadway right now, that's for sure...

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1419HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:21pm

I wonder if Samantha Marie Ware is the new Peggy/Maria since she left Girl From North Country at The Public. I hope this isn’t the case because that would be an extremely poor decision on her behalf but the timing seems perfect.

BroadwayConcierge
#1420HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:26pm

SchuylWERKsister said: "I wonder if Samantha Marie Ware is the new Peggy/Maria since she left Girl From North Country at The Public. I hope this isn’t the case because that would be an extremely poor decision on her behalf but the timing seems perfect."

Where did you hear that Ware left Girl From North Country? Didn't they just announce that cast like three seconds ago?

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#1421HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:32pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "SchuylWERKsister said: "I wonder if Samantha Marie Ware is the new Peggy/Maria since she left Girl From North Country at The Public. I hope this isn’t the case because that would be an extremely poor decision on her behalf but the timing seems perfect."

Where did you hear that Ware leftGirl From North Country? Didn't they just announce that cast like three seconds ago?
"

Website’s already been updated:

https://www.publictheater.org/Public-Theater-Season/Girl-from-the-North-Country/

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#1422HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/3/18 at 2:21pm

Maybe this has something to do with Jin Ha leaving:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/08/fx-picks-up-alex-garlands-devs.html

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BroadwayConcierge
#1423HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/12/18 at 6:21pm

Joanna Jones left the Broadway company this afternoon but is supposedly coming back on December 24. I wonder who Peggy/Maria is for the next four months!

robskynyc
#1424HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/12/18 at 6:46pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Joanna Jones left the Broadway company this afternoon but is supposedly coming back on December 24. I wonder who Peggy/Maria is for the next four months!"

to further torture us, Mandy Gonzalez will quick change between the two roles, and play them for the next 8 years LOL

Videos