Barbra's Tour

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#125Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/11/16 at 6:59pm

I was sooo excited to see her in Chicago, I looked at what she was singing and didn't realize that she didn't sing, "With One More Look At You", from "A Star is Born".  She was supposed to sing it in the second act at the end of the show.  I really wished I could have heard her sing this, I loved how she sang it in the film and would have loved to heard her sing it live.

smidge
#126Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/11/16 at 7:22pm

10086sunset said: "Ticketmaster actually raised prices for tonights show at Barclays.

Section 228 was selling 104.50 last week, side view stage.

Today it's $195.50

I'll never understand this. If they didn't sell for $104 who would pay $195 now?

"

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#127Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 12:43am

HELLO GORGEOUS - Barbra was brilliant in Brooklyn. Jamie Fox and Patrick Wilson joined Babs for duets from new cd. Her set list was the same. She pretty much followed the script with a few ad libs. She was in very good voice. I swear she doesn't sweat. I'm going back on Saturday. I saw her first New Years Eve in Vegas in 1993 then at MSG in 1994, 2000, 2006 and at Barclays in 2012 & 2016. My guilty pleasure.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#128Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 12:56am

Brilliant.   Beautiful.  I'm going back on Saturday, also.  

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

stevie3
#129Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:28am

Just came back from the concert, Found it to be very painful, voice was good most of the night but could be considered obnoxious at times, song list not good, she says she is now writing a book and recording another albumn, why don't you just do something else with your life, are we going to have to listen to these boring songs 3 years down the road, say good bye while you are on top and stop being so money hungry. Sorry I went, rather have changed the baking soda in the refrigerator

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#130Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:39am

10086sunset said: "Ticketmaster actually raised prices for tonights show at Barclays.

Section 228 was selling 104.50 last week, side view stage.

Today it's $195.50

"On StubHub for Saturday they have 19 seats in section 228 and its mirror section on the other side 205,

Right now eight are available for $119 - $130.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#131Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:42am

Guess I'm glad I bought when I did, although the $40 fee is a pain in the ass. 

@z5
#132Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 2:17am

Some family members and friends were there tonight and were disappointed with her performance. The voice was eh at times....she talked WAY too much, the magician???? and the necessary political talk. just SHUT UP AND SING!!! 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#133Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 4:40am

I've never had a chance to see her live so this was my first time to actually get a ticket.  I was far up in section 225 but my binoculars helped a lot.  I saw a huge Teleprompter hanging above the center floor seats and many along the stage edges.  It was waaay more than Billy Joel had.  I completely understand that one can forget things and needs reminders everywhere.  I thought it was good but not great.  Wish I had seen her 90's tour or even her '07 tour.  Something was just a miss for me.

And is it me or are the upper seats at The Barclay waaaaay awful?  MSG doesn't feel so high.  I swear getting to my seat was like getting to row X in the old Yankee Stadium!

10086sunset
#134Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 6:45am

I wished she sang the full versions of Woman in Love, Stoney End and Enough is Enough. 

RussT2
#135Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 8:48am

stevie3 said: "Just came back from the concert, Found it to be very painful, voice was good most of the night but could be considered obnoxious at times, song list not good, she says she is now writing a book and recording another albumn, why don't you just do something else with your life, are we going to have to listen to these boring songs 3 years down the road, say good bye while you are on top and stop being so money hungry. Sorry I went, rather have changed the baking soda in the refrigerator"

I guess you went to a different show than I did because I thought she sounded wonderful. The songs list was fantastic. An amazing show by a LEGEND.

10086sunset
#136Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 8:53am

smidge said: " I'll never understand this. If they didn't sell for $104 who would pay $195 now?"

Tickets for Saturday's show, in the same section, 228 are now being offered by ticketmaster for $365.50. 

Absolutely insane.

@OlBlueEyes - Yes, stubhub certainly seems like the way to go...

smidge
#137Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 9:38am

Sunset - Are these standard tickets or resale tickets? There are still a few $104 seats available.

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#138Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 9:46am

what enthralled me was how Barbra held the audiences attention for the whole show...with basically only her to look at with some help from beautiful back drops...she sang she talked and it felt like we were guests in her home...very conversational and i loved every minute...in Las Vegas she mentioned the dry air which affected her voice a little...by the 3rd encore...THE 3RD ENCORE!...she sounded horse but still sang her heart out...the word STAR was meant for BARBRA STREISAND!..except during the show she never acted like a star...just a great time by a wonderful talent sharing her evening with 15,000 people...:)

10086sunset
#139Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 12:21pm

Smidge - Standard tickets...Face value buying direct from Ticketmaster... 

nbcsmash
#140Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 12:43pm

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 12:43 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#141Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:03pm

Barbra's Tour10086sunset said: "I wished she sang the full versions of Woman in Love, Stoney End and Enough is Enough. 

I was thrilled with the amount she sang of those.  It brought me back to being 10 years old listening to my sister play her 12" vinyl of Enough is Enough and her 45's of Guilty, The Main Event and A Woman In Love.  Once I was old enough to buy my own music, CD's were the newest craze and I remember trying to get my hands on as many essential music as I could of hers.  I did buy many 45 and cassett singles. My last actual CD purchase was Back To Broadway.  And after that, It's been the new era of digital download purchases and backing up everything on two drives not to lose your precious music!

I am grateful to have been in attendance last night and I wish I had splurged on better seats.  Maybe that's what was a miss for me.  I've been spoiled this year at the theater sitting in these small venues and being able to see that actors emotions and expressions.  I would have loved to have been sitting on the floor level and see her better.   You live and you learn...

Updated On: 8/12/16 at 01:03 PM

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#142Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:13pm

stevie3  I don't think you were even there.  I think you just needed to come on here and poo on the show.  The concert is thrilling.   I found it to be a love letter to fans.  So happy I am going again.  And I am thrilled so many on here have been loving it as well.  

Updated On: 8/12/16 at 01:13 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#143Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/12/16 at 1:28pm

A rave from the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/13/arts/music/barbra-streisand-barclays-center-review.html?_r=2

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

10086sunset
#144Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 6:20am

If anyone is interested in going to tonight's second show at Barclays, prices have gotten much better.

The majority of seats in the 200 section, along with some in the 100's have been priced at $104.50.

You can buy these directly off ticketmaster.

nbcsmash
#145Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 8:01am

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 08:01 AM

ArtMan
#146Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 9:35am

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Barbra's Tour10086sunset said: "I wished she sang the full versions of Woman in Love, Stoney End and Enough is Enough. 
As a former club dj, the true "full" version of Enough is Enough was 11 minutes and 44 seconds,  This is the only version most djs were playing during it's debut.  Barbra would have needed oxygen if she went that route.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#147Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 8:54pm

Barbra never sang a nearly 12 minute version of Enough is Enough. Her performance was remixed and augmented with repeats and beats to get it to that length for the clubs.

ArtMan
#148Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 9:30pm

MichelleCraig said: "Barbra never sang a nearly 12 minute version of Enough is Enough. Her performance was remixed and augmented with repeats and beats to get it to that length for the clubs.

Of course she didn't!  As a former club dj for too many years, I know what a remix is. I was referring and JOKING about  the actual length of the FULL OFFICIAL version of the song when it was played in clubs.  The same thing about The Main Event.  We never played a 3 minute version.  We played the 12 minute version that was remixed with Fight.

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 09:30 PM

ArtMan
#149Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/13/16 at 9:30pm

double post

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 09:30 PM

Videos