pixeltracker

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11- Page 6

Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11

Jocelyn3
#125Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 10:28am

Anyone else super delayed in getting emailed a verification code to enter? Still waiting for mine... 

You are not alone.  I think it's been about 40 minutes and I still haven't received mine either.

Updated On: 8/11/17 at 10:28 AM

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#126Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 10:29am

Meh.  I don't disagree with having one.  Why not?  It's a hot brand.

I was just expecting something a little more... exciting.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

10086Sundays
#127Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 10:29am

notalwaysontime said: "Didn't someone here say an App?"

Yes, it was LaneBryant.

Re: Verification emails - Same here. It's taking forever. Glad I'm not alone.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#128Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 10:37am

The only way I would be excited about an app is if you pressed a button and Lin-Manuel shows up at your house and sings My Shot for you. 

Maybe be this is why they've delayed putting the new block of tickets on sale. By my calculations, that should have happened in June or in early July, at the latest. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#129Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:00am

everythingtaboo said: "Can't afford a ticket to the show? Well, here's an app to send you notifications that you still can't afford a ticket to the show. But you can look at content, or something."

LOL!

Makes me really, really wish there was indeed a "PARTNERS 3: Barbra Streisand Sings Hamilton with OBC"

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#130Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:07am

Uh-Oh, people are pissed. What's next for the Rodgers?

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#131Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:23am

They're also doing a live Ham4Ham in Los Angeles next week.

The note from Lin in the app says "and we've got more up our sleeves", so you never know.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#132Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 12:54pm

I wonder if the Ham Folks didn't mean for this big major announcement to explode like it did. Maybe they just posted something to generate a small amount of enthusiasm among true fans, but it took off, like any good viral campaign, to be much larger than the actual announcement. 

In my opinion this fits perfectly with Hamilton, hype being more than substance. I know I'm in the minority of people who greatly enjoyed the show but felt it didn't live up to the hype (or maybe the hype was over-hyped?). So massive buildup for a less than important announcement seems par for the course. 

Alexander Lamar
#133Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:03pm

Maybe there will be an exclusive pre-sale for the next block of tickets via the app?

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#134Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:04pm

Lot666     this is hysterical.....how many will get it I wonder Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#135Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:08pm

JayElle said: "Lot666     this is hysterical.....how many will get it I wonder Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11"

Agreed, but just to clarify, it was originally posted by "givesmevoice".

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#136Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:51pm

If you get your shot, don't shoot your eye out. Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11 

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#137Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:56pm

Hamilton has so much bull****.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Margo319
#138Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 2:32pm

Does he really need more money?  Jesus Christ, what a let down.  An.....app.  Super.  

10086Sundays
#139Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 2:37pm

FYI, I finally got my verification email.  Went to spam folder, if anyone is still missing theirs.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#140Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 2:38pm

Well, that's it folks. Hamilton is no longer cool.

Margo319
#141Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:18pm

Indeed.  It is now officially uncool.  

Westender2
#142Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:35pm

Off topic I know- but many tickets just opened up for the official "opening night" on Wednesday- $125 a piece.  Just in case anyone's looking for ticket for a reasonable price!

10086Sundays
#143Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:46pm

Thanks for the heads up Westender2!  FYI for those curious - All the seats are in the mezz, mostly rear, but a few closer ones on the sides. (Center rear mezz are $150.)

Also, for anyone who's as technologically challenged as I am, on the Hamilton app, swipe left or right on the lotto page to see all the different days/times available.

Updated On: 8/11/17 at 03:46 PM

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#144Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:50pm

Uncool seems like an unflattering term to describe this. It's more of tired marketing, right laugh? At least the Instagram+Tumblr crowd will go nuts over this. 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#145Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:57pm

It's smart marketing.   

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Margo319
#146Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 4:04pm

Very tired marketing, yes.  Still over though.  Opening night of what?  LA?  I am sure scalpers took every last ticket and are now charging like 2 grand for them.  

Westender2
#147Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 4:08pm

Margo319 said: "Very tired marketing, yes.  Still over though.  Opening night of what?  LA?  I am sure scalpers took every last ticket and are now charging like 2 grand for them. "

Nope lots of seat still available for LA's official opening night (previews begin today) on Wednesday.  Between $125-$150 in the Mezz.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#148Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 4:08pm

Smart marketing yes, but it's tired and very unnecessary. Love the show, I just don't see how the app will be regularly used by anyone. 

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#149Hamilton Special Announcement on August 11
Posted: 8/11/17 at 4:10pm

I don't feel any differently about the show itself than I did before, but if no more announcements come today, this marketing has really jumped the shot.

Videos