#125re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/3/04 at 4:49pm

Guess so..... :)

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

minettamandy Profile Photo
minettamandy
#126re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 1:36am

joey mac was pretty rude after tick tick boom, but that could be b/c the teenager in front of me in line asked him to sign her nsync poster!!! Also Joely Fisher after Cabaret was awful!! and I was the only one there!

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#127re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 1:48am

I've heard Idina's grouchy.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

SammyGal
#128re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 1:51am

I love Raul Esparza to death, but he can be such a diva!

He was never rude to me personally, actually quite the contrary but if people were SUPER annoying and rude at Stagedoors, he'd be the same way back. With the occasional "run for it" method.

He gets away with it though. He puts everyone in awe.
:)

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#129re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 10:12am

JohnnyT, you would think someone who went on American Idol wouldn't mind a few fans asking for an autograph...imagine if she HAD become a pop star from that experience?? How would she have handled that?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#130re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 10:19am

but if people were SUPER annoying and rude at Stagedoors, he'd be the same way back. With the occasional "run for it" method

And can you HONESTLY blame him?

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

cabarethed
#131re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/4/04 at 11:13am

Aw Sam, you and I both know that particular stage door could get a little out of hand sometimes. Obviously not by us or our friends though. re: rudest people at stage door I don't think Raul was expecting such a cult of fans to the show, and I like that he set boundaries.

SammyGal
#132re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 2:05am

hehe Raul... *sigh*
Gotta love it!

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

BWayBoy88
#133re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 11:02am

I think everyone has an off night or a night when they are just too tired to sign and talk to people. I understand that. A lot of the people who are mentioned her were very nice and friendly to me.

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#134re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 2:39pm

Back to the rude fans at the stagedoor, when I saw Wicked, there was this whole crowd of I don't know 13-14 year old girls huddled together sort of creating a barrier to make sure they were the first people in line. Well, I wasn't even standing at the stage door and I could hear everything they said and it basically went like this:

Stagehand: Idina doesn't come out between matinees
Girls: WHAAAAT? I don't care she's done this to me 4 times, I even bought her a gift and everything and she still won't come out!!
Stagehand: Sorry, she does this a lot *shrugs*
Girls: Well we should just wait here until she comes out, I mean she has to come out eventually... *one girl begins to cry.*
Satghand: I'm sorry everyone else will come out, she's always tired or something I guess....really everyone else is really nice.
Girls: We want Idina!!!!!! *proceed to start chanting Idina @ the top of their lungs*
~Some ensemble members walk out~
To each one individually the girls say: Do you know Idina, could you tell her to come out??
~Michelle, Joey, Christopher walk out~
To each one individually this time in a sort of angry vocie: TELL IDINA TO COME OUT!< they all just look at them pityingly>
~ Pizza man walks in~
Girls: IS THAT IDINA"S PIZZA????UM PIZZA MAN WILL YOU TELL IDINA TO COME OUT?!!?IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE! IDINA YOUR PIZZA IS HERE!!!
then it became a sort of chant where they alternated screaming Idina's name and telling her her pizza was there while silmataneously some of them cried.I was standing on the side talking to my friend, when one of the cring girls saw me and looked up through her tears and goes "Hey, YOU look like Idina!"

Needless to say that scared me a little so we took off and Idina never showed up, although I do wonder how long they waited. Definitely an entertaining episode though.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray

NativeNewYorker
#135re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:01pm

WOW

Blair
#136re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:02pm

Jesus, FOCI. That's scary.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#137re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:07pm

What a beautiful story, Foci. re: rudest people at stage door

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#138re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:25pm

That Idina story is very sad and very silly at the same time. I realize that many of these fans are young kids who don't know but someone should have prepared them to understand that they MIGHT or MIGHT not get to see the star. MANY pricipal performers do not come out between matinee and evening shows and you can understand why. If they do leave, they will often leave through another entrance because they have a limited time between shows.

I confess I've never understood the 'stage door' experience anyway but to each his/her own.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#139re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 3:44pm

That's a really disturbing story. And people wonder why she's sometimes standoffish at the stage door.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#140re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 4:49pm

There was a time when people in NYC would rather DIE than to blather all over a star on the sidewalk. We were considered too sophisticated to be enamored of the stars that walked among us and they were just another New Yorker to us.

But that time is in the past and with the apparent acceptance of rude behavior IN the theater and elsewhere, Broadway stars have also become more wary of people at the stage door and on the street. There are also a LOT of stalkings going on (both reported in the press and unreported) that make even the newly famous and otherwise 'loving my new celebrity' actors wary of getting too close to fans. You never know when you might be feeding the beginnings of an unhealthy fantasy.

It's sad but we aren't living in the same times anymore, kids.

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#141re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 5:46pm

And yet, as soon as Idina gets two blocks away, no one knows who the hell she is. We're not exactly talking movie star here.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

insomniak
#142re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 5:49pm

If I were Idina, I would hide in my dressing room for sure.

FOCI Profile Photo
FOCI
#143re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 8:50pm

I know, kinda scary right? Although I must say in the girls' defense that they probably had wasted days and hours just trying to get their favorite star's autograph and then she dissappointed them like that. They seemed like good-hearted kids, just maybe a little overzealous. I can see why Idina wouldn't come out but I was surprised at how negatively the stagehand responded to her calling her "a diva." This wickedness mania is definitely weird.

"I guess she is one very confident girl who feels if you see it, it shall be. I hope she sees a room with a piano player and a bunch of scary middle-aged queens sitting behind a table, talking to each other as she auditions!!" -Marc Shaiman on Kelly Osbourne in Hairspray

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#144re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 9:42pm

the bruise is gone
the memory is not
and perhaps this is what fueles my general resentment for overzealous shizkids
and for that, I apologize
Worst Stagedoor Experience Ever

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#145re: rudest people at stage door
Posted: 9/6/04 at 10:36pm

Bwaystar2b, I am so sincerely sorry. I hope that bruise didn't hurt too much, and I hope you're never caught in that situation again. re: rudest people at stage door

I must say, I've gotten my fair share of bruises at the stage door...

Videos