pixeltracker

You know you're a B'way geek when...- Page 6

You know you're a B'way geek when...

JustABroadwaybaby2
#125You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/22/06 at 8:12pm

I do that too, with the spelling bee commericals.
When you see a commercial for a Broadway show, even if you hate it, you start screaming with happiness.
When you say you are going to do an essay on theatre, your friend goes "Well, I could have guessed that. It's all you talk about, anyway."

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#126You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/22/06 at 11:56pm

- When your six year old cousin (who is seeing her first show next month!!) asks you what Broadway is instead of asking her own Mother. Not to mention that the explanation lasts about 20 minutes, at least.

-The same six year old can sing along to Anything Goes because you had her watch it on Broadway's Lost Treasures about 10 times.

-Your Grandma calls just to tell you that Rosie O'Donnel said that it's great if your kids love theatre, and then she tells you that she is proud of you.

-People come to you ask your opinions on show tours that are coming to your city, or ask for reccomendations for when they take a trip to New York

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

ChrisLK
#128You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 1:13am

Add me to the iPod thing list!

--When your friends are looking for a song from any musical, and they ask for your iPod.
--When you knew Chandra Wilson from Caroline or Change before you saw her on Grey's Anatomy.
--When you've prescribed a cure for "I love Wicked, Phantom, and Cats"-itis. (Begin with Into the Woods and Rent, at least, proceed to Ave Q and maybe Urinetown. Sweeney and Sunday come later.)

"I could use a little... Miracle." ~SWIWS

BitchofaLiving
#129You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 1:16pm

Let's see...

--when the bumper sticker on your car says "i (heart) showtunes"
--you have another right next to it that says "DANGER: driver singing"
--you sing showtunes at the top of your lungs no matter where you are and proceed to also do the dance
--you searched for the perfect wig just to be Tracy Turnblad for halloween...and no one knew who you were, except maybe two people
--your idea of a good time is arriving in NYC at the butt crack of dawn to stand in line for student rush tickets in -30F weateher
--you have turned at least one of your close friends into a Broadway geek as well and they admit to it
--you refuse to see a show on tour unless it has left broadway (totally me, theater snob)
--your user name on myspace is a broadway reference (guilty)
--you start wondering who will play the new elphaba before the old one even leaves
--you know that Urinetown was a dark comedy and loved every minute of it

Gee...i could go on and on and on. Happy Turkey Day! please enjoy your Prime Rib or Fish...

ashley0139
#130You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 1:19pm

--When you knew Chandra Wilson from Caroline or Change before you saw her on Grey's Anatomy.

And then when she starts singing (beautifully) on the last episode, you proceed to inform everyone of her theatre career.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BroadwayBrat
#131You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 7:42pm

This is too funny!! May I add:

When someone asks you in 2006 if you have ever seen Wicked and you role your eyes...
When someone asks you where are you going for summer vacation and you respond....Barcelona.
People ask why you have sooo many versions of "Sweeny Todd" in your IPOD.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#132You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 7:46pm

"You Know you're a B'way geek when..."

the only sight you visit on Thanksgiving is BWW

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Alfred2 Profile Photo
Alfred2
#133You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 7:47pm

You mean (web)site?

I'll be home when the morning comes.

GreenGirl22406 Profile Photo
GreenGirl22406
#134You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 7:54pm

You pick up a butter knife and scream "At last my right arm is complete again!"

The kid next to you in geometry class gets moderately frightened when you start humming "I'm not that smart" to yourself as you get exams back

You bake birthday cakes for Broadway stars

You look at people and decide what musical they shoudl be in (ex. my vice principal and my english teacher are sweeney and johanna)

On christmas eve, you call all your friends at nine and ten PM, eastern standard time, and start reciting rent for them (same with "happy new year")

You see a zamboni and think of freddy

As soon as someone mentions antartica, you say "oh please"

You get quite upset when people try to feed plants, particulary flytraps

At the end of an amazing date, you hum "goodbye until tomorrow"

Humming "Springtime for Hitler" gets you into many awkward situations

Seeing somebody typing makes you spontaniously break into "The Speed Test"

Yeah... I've done all of this... tragic, isn't it...

and yes, i'm also quite guilty of bashing those who call themselves rentheads but only know the movie

"In the rain, the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever."
Updated On: 11/23/06 at 07:54 PM

Pinky Profile Photo
Pinky
#135You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 8:12pm

You see a movie that features a scene or two in Times Square & you point out all the show advertisements....then talk non stop about the shows!!!

*This happend in the Borat film....I saw a quick shot of a DRS poster & had to tell everyone about the show.

Penn State Forever!!!!

SpamalotDiva
#136You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/23/06 at 9:38pm

Ok Ok I made this one up...

"When someone asks what you want(for Christmas, B-day, Gala Event...) and you reply..." I wanna be a Producer!"

Sammi

You Know you're a B'way geek when... Ok Ok I made this one up... "When someone asks what you want(for Christmas, B-day, Gala Event...) and you reply..." I wanna be a Producer!" Sammi bproudbblonde.piczo.com 4 sheet music

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#137You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/24/06 at 6:52pm

Hahaha, Yeah spamalotdiva I've imagined that one too.

"Humming "Springtime for Hitler" gets you into many awkward situations"
^Oh GOD has that happened....

To Justabroadwaybaby2:
I thought I was the only one who got screwed up by that Old Navy commercial :)

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Look_Out_Broadway Profile Photo
Look_Out_Broadway
#138You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/26/06 at 6:50pm

i always do this, but whenever i'm just talking i might say something and then realize that's it's from a show and start reciting/singing the song...

JustABroadwaybaby2
#139You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/26/06 at 7:26pm

When you watch the cartoon movie of Tarzan you say, LOOK! It's Josh and Jenn!

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#140You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/26/06 at 7:39pm

I feel so much better now, its not just me.

Julian2
#141You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/26/06 at 8:06pm

You pick up a butter knife and scream "At last my right arm is complete again!"

You see a movie that features a scene or two in Times Square & you point out all the show advertisements....then talk non stop about the shows!!!

Guilty as charged.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Freckles1329 Profile Photo
Freckles1329
#142You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:17pm

When you watch Mean Girls and you think of Wicked when Lindsay Lohan says "no good deed goes unpunished" and you think that omg Elphaba is her mother. (For those who don't know, Ana Gasteyer played Lindsay's mom).

"For example, if I should paint my fingernails green - and it just so happens I do paint them green. Well, if anyone should ask me why, I say: 'I think it's pretty!'"

#143You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/28/06 at 6:32pm

"When you say... "Jesus Christ SUPERSTAR!" Instead of Jesus Christ"

I do this all the time! Glad I'm not the only one. Everytime I hear someone say "Jesus Christ!" I always sing "superstar" immediately afterwards and people usually ask "why do you keep doing that?" and I just have to mumble "It's a Broadway musical..."

We had auditions at my university yesterday and today a group of us were checking the callback sheets and for some reason we all started singing "I hope I get it" and even split it up into parts...without planning it out beforehand

I think I love this thread b/c it means I'm not alone! haha

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#144You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 3:57pm

You do a Spanish project on Chita Rivera.

You can answer a question on a test/exam correctly because you learned it from a musical.

Your parents accuse you of being a "Broadway snob" and you are proud of it.

(guilty of all three)

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!
Updated On: 11/29/06 at 03:57 PM

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#145You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 5:04pm

You do a Spanish project on Chita Rivera.

You can answer a question on a test/exam correctly because you learned it from a musical.

Your parents accuse you of being a "Broadway snob" and you are proud of it.

YES!

Esp. the first two!

Here's another:
When you talk to your friend who's not into broadway things get really awkward after a few minutes because you can't think of anything to say that isn't broadway related.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

JustABroadwaybaby2
#146You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 5:14pm

Your Chanukah (or Christmas or whatever)list was all tickets to (enter show here) and T-shirts from (enter show here) and cast recording from (enter show here.)

Updated On: 11/29/06 at 05:14 PM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#147You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 5:21pm

The iPod thing is so true with me too.

When you spend a week in NYC and all you do is get up early to get student tickets to shows, and then see the shows. And when people asked you if you saw a show in New York, you scoff and say "8".

When you're driving your friends in you car and you make them listen to musical songs, hoping that they'll like one of them.

mightydog Profile Photo
mightydog
#148You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 6:06pm

You know you are a B'way geek when you become a Broadway Legend on this message board after 2 months. No offense intended to anyone this applies to. You Know you're a B'way geek when...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#149You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 6:15pm

"And I too type out lyrics on my graphing calculator. It's my favorite thing to do."

What would my Calculus class be without it?

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

StarStruckGB Profile Photo
StarStruckGB
#150You Know you're a B'way geek when...
Posted: 11/29/06 at 10:03pm

Your friend actually got mad at you today because you didn't have enough "real music" on your iPod.

Oh, and you actually got really jealous the other day because you have a friend in Equity productions who you feel doesn't appreciate it as much as she should.

Goshen doesn't do High-School-shows.

Videos