pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 60

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#1475HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 3:54pm

Genuinely confused... this is a show that asks for suspension of disbelief in nearly all roles but you guys want her to...wear a wig? 

Rainah
#1476HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 3:57pm

Blah. They should ALL be wigged or have long hair. I loved the small details of how to OBC used hair to signify different things about the characters (or in some cases, that they are different characters). 

It's Hamilton. They can certainly afford wigs. They also have the clout to say "If you want to be considered, you must be willing to grow your hair long" the same way Fun Home required kate shindle to cut her hair off. And it seems like they used to - like half the obc cut their hair the moment their contracts ended.

Do they not care? Is it personal choice? Why do some of the actors in a role wear wigs and some don't? If it's a choice to differentiate the casts, then be more deliberate with it.

And yes this is pedantic and ultimately meaningless and I'm sure they're all fantastic in the roles, just a pet peeve for me. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1477HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 3:59pm

VotePeron said: "Genuinely confused... this is a show that asks for suspension of disbelief in nearly all roles but you guys want her to...wear a wig?"

After thinking about it a little bit more since posting, I'll say you're right. I think my initial response was just being so jarred because in the three years I've been into the show, I have never seen an Eliza with anything other than long hair. I've gotten very used to long-haired Eliza in Act 1 and then ponytail Eliza in Act 2. But again... you're right. Suspension of disbelief applies to hair presentation as well HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1478HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 4:01pm

Sondheimite said: "Solipsist234 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "K."

Aww, it was a pleasure talking to you too!!! HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

(Also, I had no clue you were 15! How's high school treating ya?)
"

I was threatened with a forever ban from this site for posting that an obvious troll should either "stfu or gtfo." Solipsist acts in a combative, bullying, and often delusional way and stays. The moderators need deal with the real issues on this site and people like Solipsist.
"

Theres only one other person who hated BC this much, and they are no longer on these boards. So I believe that Solipsist is Mildred.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#1479HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 4:09pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "VotePeron said: "Genuinely confused... this is a show that asks for suspension of disbelief in nearly all roles but you guys want her to...wear a wig?"

After thinking about it a little bit more since posting, I'll say you're right. I think my initial response was just being so jarred because in the three years I've been into the show, I have never seen an Eliza with anything other than long hair. I've gotten very used to long-haired Eliza in Act 1 and then ponytail Eliza in Act 2. But again... you're right. Suspension of disbelief applies to hair presentation as well HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
"

Haha thank you for not thinking I was attacking you! You're my favorite poster on here and I was like "come on, guys..." (Then again, I've seen Hamilton once, like 3 years ago, and am in no way a huge fan. So I guess if someone played Harry Potter with a shaved head I'd be confused too HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements )

BroadwayConcierge
#1480HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/21/18 at 4:15pm

VotePeron said: "Haha thank you for not thinking I was attacking you! You're my favorite poster on here and I was like "come on, guys..." (Then again, I've seen Hamilton once, like 3 years ago, and am in no way a huge fan. So I guess if someone played Harry Potter with a shaved head I'd be confused too HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements )"

Omg, not at all! I really appreciate your comments on here. Though I think a more apt comparison to a shaved-head Eliza Hamilton would be if Voldemort appeared at Godric's Hollow with a long, flowing, neon green wig HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements 

LaneBryant
#1481HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/22/18 at 4:31pm

Rainah said: "Blah. They should ALL be wigged or have long hair. I loved the small details of how to OBC used hair to signify different things about the characters (or in some cases, that they are different characters).

It's Hamilton. They can certainly afford wigs. They also have the clout to say "If you want to be considered, you must be willing to grow your hair long" the same way Fun Home requiredkate shindle to cut her hair off. And it seems like they used to - like half the obc cut their hair the moment their contracts ended.

Do they not care? Is it personal choice? Why do some of the actors in a role wear wigs and some don't? If it's a choice to differentiate the casts, then be more deliberate with it.

EYE ROLL!!!!! Do you REALLY think HAIR is a personal choice? Like they get to DECIDE what their hair does, when they're on tour for a year?  Do you pay close attention when pics are posted from Actors in their fittings? Guess who's usually/always also in those pics? PAUL TAZWELL. 5 companies later and he is STILL present for fittings. EVERY decision goes through the creatives. CHUCK LAPOINTE decides what the hair looks like for EACH actor, and visits each company during their run. They decided they wanted an Eliza with shaved sides, NOT HER. Be mad at the team. HALF OF THESE WHITE PEOPLE ARE PLAYED BY BLACK PEOPLE. There are NO rules. It's about energy and feel, and who vibes with whom, and who can sing these songs consistently across the country and 58 climates for 365 days.

And Denee Benton is the next Eliza. 

Ur welcome. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1482HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/22/18 at 5:13pm

I just saw on instagram, Ana Villafañe signing Satisfied. And dang, that girls got some pipes. I would love to see her as Angelica. Probally not gonna happen with her Abc talent contract, but still shes great!

I would LOVE denne as eliza. Hopefully thats true!

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18
Updated On: 9/22/18 at 05:13 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#1483HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/22/18 at 6:09pm

LaneBryant said: "And Denee Benton is the next Eliza."

In which company?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1484HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/22/18 at 6:24pm

Please where is this denee Benton rumor coming from and make it be the Chicago company even if I know that’s unlikely.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ebizzle
#1485HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:06pm

GOOD NEWS!

Denee Benton announced on her Instagram that she’s starting rehearsals for something that she’ll announce soon. And Lexi Lawson commented with a heart on the post so....

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1486HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:08pm

Where did she say this? Is it in her story?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge
#1487HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:18pm

ebizzle said: "GOOD NEWS!

Denee Benton announced on her Instagram that she’s starting rehearsals for something that she’ll announce soon. And Lexi Lawson commented with a heart on the post so....
"

DEAR GOD, PLEASE.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoO7p9JAdsn/?taken-by=deneebenton

CedricOates
#1488HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:24pm

Omg! I don’t think Lexi announced another year extending as Eliza! While we’re at it, let’s just get all new sisters LOL.

ebizzle
#1489HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:25pm

Does anyone know how long replacement rehearsals typically last? I’m hoping she’ll be in by the time I see it during the first week of November. Also hoping Mandy will be gone too but it doesn’t seem likely

LizzieCurry
#1490HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:41pm

Thanks, BroadwayConcierge!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1491HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 1:01pm

ebizzle said: "Does anyone know how long replacement rehearsals typically last? I’m hoping she’ll be in by the time I see it during the first week of November. Also hoping Mandy will be gone too but it doesn’t seem likely "

Rehearsals can take place anytime from 2 weeks to a month. Judging that this is hamilton,  I say she will have 3-4 weeks of rehearsals. Mandy also said a while ago she would be in the show till November, recently on her instagram lives she has been dodging questions asking if she will be in the show after new years. Given that she usually always answers those, I think her time is coming up. However, I wouldnt get too excited cause Hamilton never brings any new people in (with excpetion of Denne) so I would assume the new angelica will be one we have already seen play the role. (Wether that would be from the Chicago, or a national tour)  my guess, Emmy Raver. 

MyLife
#1492HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 1:25pm

Bwayfan292 said: "ebizzle said: "Does anyone know how long replacement rehearsals typically last? I’m hoping she’ll be in by the time I see it during the first week of November. Also hoping Mandy will be gone too but it doesn’t seem likely "

Rehearsals can take place anytime from 2 weeks to a month. Judging that this is hamilton,I say she will have 3-4 weeks of rehearsals. Mandy also said a while ago she would be in the show till November, recently on her instagram lives she has been dodging questions asking if she will be in the show after new years. Given that she usually always answers those, I think her time is coming up. However, I wouldnt get too excited cause Hamilton never brings any new people in (with excpetion of Denne) so I would assume the new angelica will be one we have already seen play the role. (Wether that would be from the Chicago, or a national tour)my guess, Emmy Raver.
"

James Monroe Iglehart, Joanna Jones, Anthony Medina, Euan Morton, and others were all new when they began with the Broadway company. Yes, Hamilton brings over several others from other companies but it looks pretty 50/50 so to say they "never bring in any new people" is just wrong.

robskynyc
#1493HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/27/18 at 2:38pm

Bwayfan292 said: "Ana Villafañe signing Satisfied."

she is my DREAM Angelica. 

denee is going to be great as eliza!

BroadwayConcierge
#1494HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/30/18 at 7:01pm

Erin Clemons, Broadway's Woman 5 (and Schuyler sister understudy) left the show today. Do we know who the next W5/Schuyler understudy is?

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#1495HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/30/18 at 8:02pm

Denee Benton's going into the show as Eliza.

Mandy is.....a really close friend of Lin's.  She'll be able to be in the show as long as she wants to be, tbh.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#1496HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/30/18 at 8:05pm

Dang. I just read that this was Lexi Lawson’s broadway debut. Cant believe I didnt know that, I guess that explains her long stay as eliza.

BroadwayConcierge
#1497HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/1/18 at 12:37pm

Lots of cast turnover happening on December 3 in the West End, namely in the roles of Burr, Angelica, Washington, King George, and Peggy/Maria. 

http://www.playbill.com/article/londons-hamilton-will-welcome-10-new-cast-members

LizzieCurry
#1498HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/1/18 at 12:39pm

That's normal for London.

BroadwayConcierge
#1499HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/2/18 at 8:40pm

Probably not the right thread to toss this out, but after seeing Rebecca Naomi Jones in Oklahoma! and remembering her fantastic performance in Hedwig, I would really love to see her as Angelica Schuyler someday. 

Videos