pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 63

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#1550HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/30/18 at 11:09pm

Absolutely amazing performance in Boston tonight. Edred Utomi was on for Hamilton and he was fantastic. I stand by saying Nicholas Christopher is currently the best Burr though. Freaking incredible

anislander
#1551HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 12:59am

Was anyone there for Denee’s debut tonight? Dying to know how she was!

bmfc1
#1552HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 7:01am

When I saw the Angelica company in DC, it was also a Tuesday and Edred Utomi was on so perhaps he always does the Tuesday shows.  I agree--he's great.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1553HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 8:55am

Out of the 5 different Hamiltons I have seen, Edred Utomi is definitely my favorite. I saw him 2 out 3 times in DC.  In terms of Burr, it's a very tight race between Joshua Henry and Nicholas Christoper (both very different takes on the role, but loved their vocals).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 10/31/18 at 08:55 AM

Sincerely Werk! Profile Photo
Sincerely Werk!
#1554HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 2:24pm

I'm seeing the show again in a few weeks, any idea how Andrew Chappelle is as Laurens /Phillip? I've seen Lee Medina in the role and loved him. 

Updated On: 10/31/18 at 02:24 PM

MyLife
#1555HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 2:44pm

He's too tall and muscular for the role, in my opinion. When he comes out as a 9 year old the audience usually laughs because it's just too... outrageous.

He's better as Laurens than Phillip but overall I think it's his weakest of the 3 Sons of Liberty (his Jefferson being the best). Though I don't care for his Mulligan/Madison either.

Sincerely Werk!
#1556HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 2:51pm

MyLife said: "He's too tall and muscular for the role, in my opinion. When he comes out as a 9 year old the audience usually laughs because it's just too... outrageous.

He's better as Laurens than Phillip but overall I think it's his weakest of the 3 Sons of Liberty (his Jefferson being the best). Though I don't care for his Mulligan/Madison either.

"

I've seen his Mulligan/Madison too and I was kinda let down. His Lafayette/Jefferson is incredible though. 

Rainah
#1557HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 5:05pm

I am in the minority in that I am not overly fond of Chappelle (In these roles, not as a person, he seems really great!)

I have seen both his Lafayette/Jefferson and his Laurens/Philip. The latter isn't bad by any means, there are worse out there, but imo not comparable to the fantastic Anthony Lee Medina or Ramos. "Serviceable" is the word that comes to mind. It's not a performance that will make you roll your eyes or wince, but it won't knock your socks off either.

And yeah, he's way too big for Philip. If he is going to be playing the role long-term, they need a bigger table for him to die on, because that is not the moment for unintentional comedy

MadsonMelo
#1558HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 6:34pm

Funny the complains about Chapelle, I really liked him today, and he’s too pretty lol

For sure it’s funny when comes out as a 9 year old, but no laughs at his death.

The mvps were Michael and Denée.

He’s great in everything. His acting is perfection (in Quite Uptown I died with him), his comedy chops, his rap, his entire presence is a gift. Absolutely LOVED!

Denée is the definition of an angel. The face, the voice and the way she moves, you know Eliza is special. Her second act shows Eliza’s growth and would never say this was her second show. Really amazing.

I saw Burr’s U/S and he was still great. Don’t know if dominant enough but I cried for him and his last moments were very powerful.

Mandy Gonzalez... people created such terror and yet I cried with her solo. She was fighting, maybe not the most consistent vocal, but had more problems sustain notes than hitting them. Regardless, she was there and made the most with the character, really happy for her.

Euan Morton killed.every.sentence. Perfection

Lissaint as George Washington was serviceable, until he broght the house down with his final number. I felt the entire theater proud of that moment.

Alysha and Smith were very good but not big enough roles.

I have to say Monroe Iglehart was probably the least impressive. Not bad at all and had funny lines, but wouldn’t call a special performance even if the character is amazing. Again, hard to fill the shoes of Daveed.

As a whole I think the company is in great shape overall and has a very fierce leader. Definitely worth the admission.

MadsonMelo
#1559HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 6:46pm

Ok, the actor playing Burr was Gregory Treco, but he’s not listed at the playbill.

Is he not part of the company?

Sincerely Werk!
#1560HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 10/31/18 at 7:45pm

Happy to hear Denee is doing well in the role! Her Instagram pictures made my heart melt. 

Catsbroadwayfan
#1561HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/1/18 at 12:01am

Might be reading too much into it, but Ana Villanfane posted a snickers bar with the caption” “I will never be satisfied” Hamilton x Snickers

Ahmy
#1562HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/1/18 at 10:14am

MadsonMelo said: "Ok, the actor playing Burr was Gregory Treco, but he’s not listed at the playbill.

Is he not part of the company?
"

He's a standby for Burr and Washington (there might be more). It looks like he might have asked not to be listed in the Playbill, as Nicholas Christopher did when he was a standby on Broadway.

Sincerely Werk!
#1563HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/1/18 at 12:29pm

I'm completely torn over if I want Ana to join the Peggy Tour or the current Broadway cast. I have yet to seen Mandy in the role (I saw Elizabeth Judd) but from what I've heard they need a replacement for Angelica. 

ebizzle
#1564HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/18 at 7:32am

Looks like Mandy will be out of Hamilton from December 1st to 22nd!

https://twitter.com/_mandygonzalez/status/1059527784467521538?s=21

robskynyc
#1565HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/18 at 1:36pm

ebizzle said: "Looks like Mandy will be out of Hamilton from December 1st to 22nd!

https://twitter.com/_mandygonzalez/status/1059527784467521538?s=21
"

praise christ. guess ill be stalking the cancellation line,.

Sincerely Werk!
#1566HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/18 at 3:07pm

What a coincidence! I'm visiting my family in New York at that time. 

Sincerely Werk!
#1567HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/6/18 at 3:07pm

What a coincidence! I'm visiting my family in New York at that time. 

DottieD'Luscia
#1568HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/18 at 2:24pm

I see the Chicago company has a new George Washington (Tamar Greene). I didn't realize Jonathan Kirkland had left.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Sincerely Werk!
#1569HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/18 at 3:34pm

I haven't seen the Chicago company but I heard he left. How's Tamar in the role? 

hamiltonstradition
#1570HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/8/18 at 7:00pm

Sincerely Werk! said: "I haven't seen the Chicago company but I heard he left. How's Tamar in the role?"

Best GW I've seen since Chris.

DottieD'Luscia
#1571HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 10:34am

I see Stephanie Umoh has joined the Angelica tour as Angelica Schuyler.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1572HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 10:57am

Does anybody know who the new Aaron Burr and Laurens/Philip are on the Angelica tour? Nicholas Christopher and Rubén Carbajal left the company on Sunday.

hamiltonstradition
#1573HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 10:57am

DottieD'Luscia said: "I see Stephanie Umoh has joined the Angelica tour as Angelica Schuyler."

I saw her on Sunday, she was great!

I had Isa Briones as Eliza who is now my FAVORITE Eliza. Her voice is pure magic and she brought so much emotion!

Ruben Carbajal and Nicholas Christopher left after Boston.

ElphabaGoodman
#1574HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 11/20/18 at 10:59am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Does anybody know who the new Aaron Burr and Laurens/Philip are on the Angelica tour? Nicholas Christopher and Rubén Carbajal left the company on Sunday. "

Jon Viktor Corpuz, who played Prince Chulalongkorn in The King and I, is taking over as Laurens/Philip 

Videos