pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 7

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

George Louis Holstein III Profile Photo
George Louis Holstein III
#150Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/14/22 at 9:25pm

Yes, Saturday the 12th was wild. Arrived at 6:20 AM was about 16th in line. The first couple arrived at 4 AM. With the second couple arriving at 5:30 AM. At 6:30 AM the first person arrived behind me. It was actually the mother of one of the child actors. She was a riot and lots of fun to talk to. Thankfully she helped the time pass rather quickly. By 8 AM there were maybe 40 people in line. By that point, there was freezing rain, and by 9 AM it was snowing. We were able to crowd under the marquee, thankfully. I had tickets to Company that night so I had to get the matinee, which I did thankfully. We were B 13 and 14 in the Orchestra. It was a partial view because of the piano in two scenes. The box office said they didn't have any non-partial view for the matinee. For $49 tickets it was well worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed the show. So much joy on that stage. After the show we exited the left of the theatre, the stage mom told us how kind Hugh was and that he always comes out after every show. He did come out and chatted with everyone. We got a pic with him and he wished us a happy anniversary. Great time all around. I highly recommend the show. Though if that many people were rushing in freezing rain, I can only imagine what is going to happen as the weather gets better. 

sheetsofpics
#151Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/14/22 at 10:49pm

Does the line start as early on Sundays since the box office doesn't open until noon?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#152Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/14/22 at 11:01pm

Weather is gonna be warmer this week (Friday it goes up to 65), so you can bet the line is going to be bat-s**t insane.  The madness is just about to begin.  

jvqb2
#153Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:22am

Do you have to be 18 to buy tickets in the rush line. I'm bringing 2 kids (14 and 11) and need 3 tickets. Can one of them stand in line with me to get a 3rd ticket? She'll have a passport for ID if that helps.

JSquared2
#154Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:29am

jvqb2 said: "Do you have to be 18 to buy tickets in the rush line. I'm bringing 2 kids (14 and 11) and need 3 tickets. Can one of them stand in line with me to get a 3rd ticket? She'll have a passport for ID if that helps."

You're gonna make your kids stand in line with you for 4-6 hours?  What day are you going so we can alert CPS.

forfivemoreminutes
#155Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:42pm

JSquared2 said: "jvqb2 said: "Do you have to be 18 to buy tickets in the rush line. I'm bringing 2 kids (14 and 11) and need 3 tickets. Can one of them stand in line with me to get a 3rd ticket? She'll have a passport for ID if that helps."

You're gonna make your kids stand in line with you for 4-6 hours? What day are you going so we can alert CPS.
"

Oh come on, there is absolutely nothing wrong with standing in line for a couple of hours with a teenager and a preteen. When I rushed there were multiple parents with even younger kids than that - the ones at the very front had brought camping chairs. Not everyone can afford full priced tickets and not everyone has a co-parent to look after the kids, especially when travelling. Parents are allowed to travel alone with their kids!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#156Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/15/22 at 1:15pm

Hell, if I had a 14 year old, I’d have them do the rush line. You wanna see the show?  Work for it.

As a 10 year old I wandered around gritty and drug-infested 1970s Times Square and snuck into open Broadway stage doors by myself.  A 14 year old in 2022 is savvy enough to handle this task without me helicoptering them.  

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#157Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/15/22 at 1:48pm

JSquared2 said: "jvqb2 said: "Do you have to be 18 to buy tickets in the rush line. I'm bringing 2 kids (14 and 11) and need 3 tickets. Can one of them stand in line with me to get a 3rd ticket? She'll have a passport for ID if that helps."

You're gonna make your kids stand in line with you for 4-6 hours? What day are you going so we can alert CPS.
"

There was no need for this comment. Has it occurred to you that maybe the kids WANT to see the show?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jvqb2
#158Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/16/22 at 12:11pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Hell, if I had a 14 year old, I’d have them do the rush line. You wanna see the show? Work for it.

As a 10 year old I wandered around gritty and drug-infested 1970s Times Square and snuck into open Broadway stage doors by myself. A 14 year old in 2022 is savvy enough to handle this task without me helicoptering them.
"

Yeah. Mom already told her she wasn't allowed to rush by herself - the 14yo is the one who really wants to go. I grew up near Anaheim and we'd sneak into DL through the cast entrance before they started season passes.

I just don't want to get to the front of the line and have them tell me the 14 yo can't get her own ticket.

Updated On: 3/16/22 at 12:11 PM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#159Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/16/22 at 12:17pm

"

LOL what an idiotic comment. And the person that liked your comment is also not terribly smart.

Thomas Jefferson
#160Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 3:52am

I’d appreciate it if you all stop arguing and actually try to answer this person’s question.  My question: Do they require ID? Playbill says “N/A”. Does anyone who has rushed this show know for sure?

George Louis Holstein III Profile Photo
George Louis Holstein III
#161Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 11:27am

Thomas Jefferson said: "I’d appreciate it if you all stop arguing and actually try to answer this person’s question. My question: Do they require ID? Playbill says “N/A”. Does anyone who has rushed this show know for sure?"

They did not check my ID when I bought two tickets last Saturday.

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#162Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 12:05pm

Anyone been this week? With spring break and the good weather I assume it has been madness. I was considering going whilst visiting the city but just decided I’d rather wait it out and try to catch the show this summer/fall, lol…

dshull2
#163Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 1:01pm

DiscoCrows said: "Anyone been this week? With spring break and the good weather I assume it has been madness. I was considering going whilst visiting the city but just decided I’d rather wait it out and try to catch the show this summer/fall, lol…"

Also wondering what crowds have been like this week.  It's supposed to rain on Saturday so I may chance it.  Don't know if I can devote several hours to waiting.  Might swing by around 8:30 and see what the line looks like.  Can anyone share how many people in the line actually got to purchase tickets?  May help me to decide whether to stick around or not.....

BCfitasafiddle
#164Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 1:05pm

dshull2 said: "DiscoCrows said: "Anyone been this week? With spring break and the good weather I assume it has been madness. I was considering going whilst visiting the city but just decided I’d rather wait it out and try to catch the show this summer/fall, lol…"

Also wondering what crowds have been like this week. It's supposed to rain on Saturday so I may chance it. Don't know if I can devote several hours to waiting. Might swing by around 8:30 and see what the line looks like. Can anyone share how many people in the line actually got to purchase tickets? May help me to decide whether to stick around or not.....

"

Just because there's rain doesn't mean it'll work getting there closer top box office opening. There was freezing rain / snow last Saturday and it didn't stop anyone. There was a snow storm in January and it was still crazy. The weather isn't gonna deter people. More people come because they think less people will endure the weather. I can't speak to how many people got tickets. However, I noticed people 30-40 people back in line sitting at the ends of aisles in what was likely "partial view". 

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#165Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 1:10pm

"

I'm a bit late to this, but I'll still respond to help a future bww-er.

anybody over the age of 12 can do rush or lottery lines alone as long as they can pass off somewhat maturely and have the funds. even for dear Evan Hansen I was able to rush at age 14, nobody particularly stopped me, and got tickets without ID. on top of that, the woman behind me in line was very considerate and kept an eye out for my safety. there's good people out there and if you feel so inclined to send your child to earn their ticket via rush/lottery, it's completely logical and teaches a great lesson of working for what you want.

Papi2013
#166Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/17/22 at 1:21pm

This is such a mundane production.  Why are you guys putting yourself thru this?   The more you support mediocre affairs like this the more they will do it again and just run with your money.  Have a little more value of your time.  Early morning lines in the rain and cold?   And there are many other reasons than this just being a bad show for you not to support it.  Just my 2 cents.  And yes;  I know you don't care. 

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#167Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/21/22 at 6:02pm

DiscoCrows said: "Anyone been this week? With spring break and the good weather I assume it has been madness. I was considering going whilst visiting the city but just decided I’d rather wait it out and try to catch the show this summer/fall, lol…"

I rushed on Friday morning 3/18. I arrived at 6:30 AM and there were 15 people in front of me. The first group in line said they got there at 5:10 am, and it staggered from there. By about 8:30 am there were 10-15 people behind me, and when the box office opened at 10am, there were roughly 45-50 ppl behind me.  I don't know for sure how many got tickets, but I heard the box office guy say they had about 40 tickets that morning, more on 2-show days.

Also, thanks to everyone on this thread that posted rush reports because it was such a great help and it worked out great. Seems like everyone buying 2 tickets got the boxes. Since I was just one, I got Row B, seat 16 in the Orchestra. It said "partial view", but honestly, it was totally fine.

And yes, Hugh Jackman is a dream come true at the stage door. Due to covid protocols, he said they can't sign anything, but he is happy to take selfies and chat. It was fantastic!

Updated On: 3/21/22 at 06:02 PM

sheetsofpics
#168Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/22/22 at 3:46pm

We rushed Sunday, March 20.  We arrived at 6:40 and we're 7&8 in line.  The first people arrived around 6am.  The next after us arrived at 7:20 and about 6 more around 8.  All of those got tickets, but I'm not sure how many behind them.  I believe we bought the 11th&12th tickets and were in orchestra row O seats 40&42.  Partial view in that we couldn't see extreme stage left and the very back center to stage left due to obstructions from the boxes and lights.

At 11:05am there were 56 people in line which ended at the corner in front of Applebee's.

It was 53°F and windy most of the morning, the box office opened at noon on the dot.  This was also the day of the NYC half marathon so that could have be affected the line which was slower to form than we expected.

jo
#169Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/23/22 at 10:31pm

Under  UPDATES --  

In case you missed this in the Easter Bonnet Collections thread   --

jo said: "https://donate.broadwaycares.org/team/416083

If you can't make it to the show... or have already seen it in the past ...or will only be able to see it beyond the fundraising period... and would like to add your support --

BC/EFA has created a Special Page for online donations n behalf of the Music Man Team.

https://donate.broadwaycares.org/team/416083
"

Dollypop
#170Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/23/22 at 10:54pm

Perhaps this is Off-Topic but...

I was having a quick bite to eat at Juniors and was sitting at the bar. A very nice lady sat beside me and we started a friendly conversation while we ate. She was from Chicago and had flown in to see a few shows before heading home tomorrow. She told me she'd seen WICKED last night and had enjoyed it and had seen the matinee of THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN this afternoon and she raved about it. I asked her if that was the actual title of the show and she repeated, "It's called THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN and it stars Hugh Jackson. He's amazing."

I gave up on the conversation.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

MadsonMelo
#171Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 12:50am

So, everyday is the same for this rush or is there a better one to try? 

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#172Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 9:57am

Saturdays (because it's the most popular day) is a gamble, because while it's the busiest day it's also got two performances.

The best time to go for best odds of getting a ticket isn't a specific day of the week; it's when the weather is particularly nasty. Heavy rain, snow, wind gusts and cold tend to deter people from standing in line for hours on end.

That being said, from what most people on these boards have been writing, most days rush tickets are available so long as you're in line before 7:30am (or 8am if you just need a single)

SueFB
#173Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 10:07am

Dollypop said: "Perhaps this is Off-Topic but...

I was having a quick bite to eat at Juniors and was sitting at the bar. A very nice lady sat beside me and we started a friendly conversation while we ate. She was from Chicago and had flown in to see a few shows before heading home tomorrow. She told me she'd seen WICKED last night and had enjoyed it and had seen the matinee of THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN this afternoon and she raved about it. I asked her if that was the actual title of the show and she repeated, "It's called THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN and it stars Hugh Jackson. He's amazing."

"

And yet, despite her confusion, it sounds like she was enjoying her visit, which is reflective of and contributing to Broadway's and New York's recovery. No idea how old your chat partner was, but her mix-up reminds me of the funny types of thing my mom would say a few years ago, which I now recognize reflected the early stages of dementia. 

Dollypop
#174Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 12:18pm

SueFB said: "Dollypop said: "Perhaps this is Off-Topic but...

"

And yet, despite her confusion, it sounds like she was enjoying her visit, which is reflective of and contributing to Broadway's and New York's recovery. No idea how old your chat partner was, but her mix-up reminds me of the funny types of thing my mom would say a few years ago, which I now recognize reflected the early stages of dementia.
"

I would guess she was in her mid-thirties and alert enough to travel alone. As I dealt with dementia with my mother and presently with several friends at church, I didn't pick up that vibe at all.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos