pixeltracker

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL- Page 70

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL

broadwayboy223
#1725THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/7/15 at 6:03pm

If the soundtrack is indeed being what was live then I imagine they will have Uzo go back and record in the studio. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#1726THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/7/15 at 6:08pm

I really loved Uzo's performance the way it was. 

DigificWriter
#1727THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/7/15 at 8:15pm

Mr. Nowack said: "I think most people are upset because we like those songs and they haven't ever been recorded."

That doesn't mean that this revival was beholden to keeping them in the score, so be upset that they were cut is strange.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#1728THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/7/15 at 8:20pm

I don't think its strange, unusual or out of order to be dissatisfied. We like a song, we see it has been cut and we are sad. I don't understand what the big deal about that is.

I don't even think highly of "A Rested Body" but would have appreciated more for the stunning Uzo to do. The entire second half felt rushed and some more music might have given it more oomph.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

smallvillefan16
#1729THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 11:52am

I assumed they would use a different recording for Uzo. While she had the emotion, her pitch at certain places was pretty bad. I think fixing that would make her version of the song fantastic.

I'm kinda hoping they use studio recordings just to fix any pitch problems. I know it's supposed to be "Wiz Live!" but....

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1730THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 1:28pm

Don't forget, they also recorded the dress rehearsal. They might very well use the best of the two recordings.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

jimmycurry01
#1731THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 1:43pm

I really want to know why MusicalJen hasn't been back to this thread. I would really like to know what she thinks about the largely positive reviews and the fact that the ratings are on par with The Sound of Music as seen here. 

Nefertiti
#1732THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 2:45pm

On December 3rd 11 Million viewers made it on NBC. That article is just an assumption. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-wiz-live-ratings-nbc-musical-1201653402/

That is a very reliable article from Variety

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#1733THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 2:49pm

Nefertiti said: "On December 3rd 11 Million viewers made it on NBC. That article is just an assumption. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-wiz-live-ratings-nbc-musical-1201653402/

That is a very reliable article from Variety

In all fairness that article that you linked from Variety was written on December 4, 2015. Since then viewership has gone up via other platforms and that has accounted for the rating gain.

I, myself have watched it a total of 4 times On Demand.

Yes, I loved it that much!

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable
Updated On: 12/8/15 at 02:49 PM

Danster
#1734THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 2:57pm

What really maters is who tunes in on the night of the broadcast for them and DVD sales

Theater_Nerd
#1735THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 2:58pm

Danster said: "What really maters is who tunes in on the night of the broadcast for them and DVD sales

Then they really have nothing to worry about since the broadcast was an unqualified ratings success.

Nefertiti
#1736THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:15pm

Then they really have nothing to worry about since the broadcast was an unqualified ratings success.

To me this isn't good news. With DVR and on demands and it still did not reach 2013's success. 20 million viewers logged on to watch the sound of music and another 2 million on the night of the re broadcast. I expected this to do way much better at least with over 20 million viewers.

"

JM226
#1737THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:18pm

I, myself have watched it a total of 4 times On Demand.

That doesn't factor into the ratings. 

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#1738THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:39pm

People don't watch TV the way they used to. Many people don't like to watch anything "live" anymore, so on-demand and streaming app views absolutely should count as part of the ratings for any television show.

The problem is that they can't get a solid number from the night it airs (or as it should probably be re-thought of as "premiers," since it's now available through December 21st on the NBC streaming app as well as Hulu).

Home video sales are different, and the DVD sales should count separately, since "number of views" can't (and shouldn't) be counted.

By the way, why aren't they releasing this on Blu-ray? DVD only? In glorious low-def? Come on, people. This isn't 1998.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/8/15 at 03:39 PM

Theater_Nerd
#1739THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:53pm

JM226 said: "I, myself have watched it a total of 4 times On Demand.

That doesn't factor into the ratings. 

I never said it did.

According to Joe Adalian, editor for New York Magazine's Vulture, on a percentage basis, ratings gains for NBC's THE WIZ LIVE! are now on par with the network's SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE, which aired in 2013. This year's live production added approximately 20% and garnering a 2.9 A18-49 and over 11 million viewers. In addition, with three days of DVR replays, THE WIZ LIVE jumped to a 4.0 A18-49 (+0.6) and 13.4M (+2M) viewers.

Again, I am not the one making these claims. These statistics are coming directly from the article.

Updated On: 12/8/15 at 03:53 PM

Nefertiti
#1740THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:53pm

What matters is the number of people who watched on December 03rd and at least dvrs. DVD, soundtrack sales along with the night ratings are what put $ in their pockets. Having a person watching it for the 25th time on Hulu doesn't make a difference.

I also agree that three performances should be released on Blu-ray And why on earth, released it just two days before Christmas? Such another bad move

Theater_Nerd
#1741THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:55pm

Nefertiti said: " 

To me this isn't good news. With DVR and on demands and it still did not reach 2013's success. 20 million viewers logged on to watch the sound of music and another 2 million on the night of the re broadcast. I expected this to do way much better at least with over 20 million viewers.

To you it may not be "good news", but the ratings for "The Wiz: Live" were solid enough to please the powers-that-be at NBC.

Updated On: 12/8/15 at 03:55 PM

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#1742THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 3:58pm

It only figures that the Sound of Music made a big splash, it was something relatively new to the present day television landscape. Peter Pan failed miserably. The Wiz rebounded and was a ratings success. Whether you want to believe it Neferititi or not.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Theater_Nerd
#1743THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 4:00pm

SNAFU said: "It only figures that the Sound of Music made a big splash, it was something relatively new to the present day television landscape. Peter Pan failed miserably. The Wiz rebounded and was a ratings success. Whether you want to believe it Neferititi or not.

No matter how you want to spin it Nefretiti that is fact.

"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1744THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 4:04pm

Heifertitties, you cray!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1745THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 4:25pm

To answer a question on the previous page of this thread... I own the DVD releases of both SOM and Peter Pan and they are the actual broadcasts as they appeared on television.

mpd4165
#1746THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 4:28pm

jimmycurry01 said: "I really want to know why MusicalJen hasn't been back to this thread. I would really like to know what she thinks about the largely positive reviews and the fact that the ratings are on par with The Sound of Music as seen here. 

"

Probably doesn't want to face the fact they were wrong...

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#1747THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 5:01pm

What was I wrong or right about??? I personally don't like The Wiz and what I stated was that the Wiz will not score high as the Sound of Music with 18 million viewers. I was right.

Do I care what other people think of the night? No I do not. I never read reviews, not only for television but most important for Broadway shows. If a show interest me I would go, if not I don't, same for television. I did not log on December 03rd because I was not impressed by any of the promo material. I got nothing more to say on the subject except wait for Fox's Live Musical and see who hits higher. They got a much better show, with better stars. Aaron Tveit will be a winner as Danny

Theater_Nerd
#1748THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 5:16pm

I'm respectfully stepping away. I don't want to get embroiled in this. It's wholly unnecessary.

Updated On: 12/8/15 at 05:16 PM

Nefertiti
#1749THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/8/15 at 5:20pm

Because the show is transferring to Broadway, broadwayworld is clearly giving it the best treatment this year DVR replays suddenly counts as ratings. haha Its the joke of the year.

Videos