pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 77

The Official TDF Thread

kmissa
#1900The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/18/19 at 9:52pm

I believe there’s an out of town membership that’s cheaper. I think it’s like $20 or less. Depends on the show and what’s being offered for how far in advance.

VintageSnarker
#1901The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/18/19 at 9:55pm

cboeke said: "Just had a couple questions from those of you who use TDF. I'm a student in DC so I can only make it up to NYC on weekend. Might it still be of value to get a membership or will I not benefit enough to justify it? Also how early in advance can you typically buy tickets? Thanks!"

Are you always going to be going by yourself? I think you have to do that math for yourself. What shows are you interested in seeing? Take the average TDF ticket price (about $50) and multiply by the number of shows you think you might see. Then add that total to the yearly membership price. Divide again by the number of shows and see if that's more or less than the average price you'd pay per ticket using student rush, discount codes, TKTS, etc. I think like all of these programs, it works out the more shows you see because you're dividing that membership cost further depending on how many tickets you buy.

I've bought tickets way in advance (regional concert stuff that's not in demand), a week or two in advance (Broadway), and the day before (in demand Broadway stuff). So... it depends. If you know when you can make the trip, I would start haunting the site a few weeks in advance but mainly the week you're planning to visit. 

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#1902The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/18/19 at 10:47pm

kmissa said: "I believe there’s an out of town membership that’s cheaper. I think it’s like $20 or less. Depends on the show and what’s being offered for how far in advance."

I live in California and have an out of town membership. I make it to New York maybe 3-4 times a year. I used my membership last year to get tickets to Head Over Heels and Once on This Island.

Most of the time I'm the type who likes to plan my shows months in advance, but for a $20 payment to an arts organization, I think it's worth it.

ImAProphet
#1903The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 9:07am

kmissa said: "I believe there’s an out of town membership that’s cheaper. I think it’s like $20 or less. Depends on the show and what’s being offered for how far in advance. "

Unfortunately they discontinued this. I emailed them recently when I was about to renew and couldn't find that option on the site, and they told me they haven't offered it since August.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1904The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 12:30pm

King Lear is up for a dozen or so performances.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#1905The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 12:32pm

ImAProphet said: "kmissa said: "I believe there’s an out of town membership that’s cheaper. I think it’s like $20 or less. Depends on the show and what’s being offered for how far in advance. "

Unfortunately they discontinued this. I emailed them recently when I was about to renew and couldn't find that optionon the site, and they told me they haven't offered it since August.
"

That's certainly a shame - do you now have to pay the full amount, even if you're out of state?

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#1906The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 12:46pm

Huss417 said: "King Lear is up for a dozen or so performances."

Looks like 13 for me. Im tempted to grab next week if its still up later. Is this production a poor first watch of King Lear? Im familiar with the plot, but have never read or seen it. Ive read the reviews but figured this still may be worth a shot with TDF pricing. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1907The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 1:10pm

Mike Barrett said: "Huss417 said: "King Lear is up for a dozen or so performances."

Looks like 13 for me. Im tempted to grab next weekif its still up later. Is this production a poor first watch of King Lear? Im familiar with the plot, but have never read or seen it. Ive read the reviews but figured this still may be worth a shot with TDF pricing.
"

It was my first exposure to Lear, and I enjoyed it.  To me, it bordered on campy melodrama at points, but I kinda liked that. I think it helped that I read several synopses of the play the night before I saw it, so I was able to follow it with no problem. 

ImAProphet
#1908The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/19/19 at 6:54pm

Kitsune said: "That's certainly a shame - do you now have to pay the full amount, even if you're out of state?"

Yes. I did end up renewing, but had to deliberate a bit more.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1909The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/20/19 at 5:38am

Tickets for the Alec Baldwin/Anne Heche benefit reading of “Twentieth Century” are up on TDF

Rear Mezz only - $43

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#1910The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/22/19 at 4:55pm

Oklahoma is up for both the matinee and evening of 04/24

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#1911The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 6:32am

Has anyone had any success with past date exchanging a TDF tickets. Due to weather over the weekend we had a cancelled flight, and missed a show.

Should we just go to the box office, since I assume the tickets will be there?

magictodo123
#1912The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 7:42am

Lavieboheme3090 said: "Has anyone had any success with past date exchanging a TDF tickets. Due to weather over the weekend we had a cancelled flight, and missed a show. Just as it would be with lottery tickets, since you are getting discounted tickets I very highly doubt you can past date or exchange TDF tickets. You are already getting the tickets at a discounted rate. I doubt they would do that. 

Should we just go to the box office, since I assume the tickets will be there?" I wouldn't be too sure about that. I'd call the box office. If people don't show up, they might end up giving those seats to someone on a cancellation line or something. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#1913The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 8:23am

I have past-dated TDF tickets before, but it depends on the show and the night. If a show is close to sold out, they won't have any seats to give you in hopes of selling the last few. Call the box office to see if they do past-dating for TDF tickets... and then also ask what days they're most likely to give them out, so you're not calling every single day.

Tjlovesmusicals
#1914The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 10:36am

Hi guys! Not sure if I’m doing it right but I finally got an account because this thread has been so helpful and I use tdf a lot. Our most recent trip was to tootsie on 4/15 and we were third row left mezz. Last night I picked up Oklahoma for Wednesday so I’ll keep you guys updated :)

kmissa
#1915The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 1:45pm

Definitely ask the Box Office the worse the can say is no. I know I had an extra lottery ticket for Ain't Too Proud, and they said I would be able to post date it if they had space, but the show has been sold out a lot. I haven't tried it though.

petewk87
#1916The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 7:47pm

Hillary is on for a few days this week/weekend. How have the seats been after opening? Thanks!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1917The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 9:28pm

Saw HILLARY and CLINTON this evening (Tuesday) via tdf. Right Orchestra, row M, seat 4. Second seat off the aisle. An excellent seat. Theater was packed.

Just give the world Love.

hveasey
#1918The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/23/19 at 11:51pm

petewk87 said: "Hillary is on for a few days this week/weekend. How have the seats been after opening? Thanks! "

I went during previews, but had a 2nd row center seat through TDF. I’d bet your seat will be at least good, probably great. Definitely worth seeing the show too.

Tjlovesmusicals
#1919The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/24/19 at 1:11pm

Just picked up our seats for Oklahoma matinee today row d seats 120 and 122

Mike Barrett
#1920The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/24/19 at 1:24pm

uncageg said: "Saw HILLARY and CLINTON this evening (Tuesday) via tdf. Right Orchestra, row M, seat 4. Second seat off the aisle. An excellent seat. Theater was packed."

Last minute on Monday I grabbed what seemed to be the last seat for this Tuesday night, I was also in row M! I arrived close to curtain so I didn't really speak with anyone around me honestly, so no idea if the entire row was TDF or not.  Laurie Metcalf was freaking incredible though. First time I've seen her, but wowza. I get hyped but great acting and boy did she deliver. The show wasn't great though Imo, and as I felt it might be before heading it, felt necessary. Metcalf will get her tony nom here 100%. If you frequent TDF, id say this is a good show to see for Metcalf alone, plus it seems most TDF seats have been in the orchestra. Golden is a great theatre for plays as well! 

Mike Barrett
#1921The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/25/19 at 7:50am

Never bought on a 2 show day before, if I purchase for the evening show do I still need to pick up before that show specifically or for a 2 show day can I go earlier in the day to pick up my ticket?

JustAnotherNewYorker
#1922The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/25/19 at 7:54am

Mike Barrett said: "Never bought on a 2 show day before, if I purchase for the evening show do I still need to pick up before that show specifically or for a 2 show day can I go earlier in the day to pick up my ticket?"

Depends entirely on the specific box office. Some will give them to you, some haven't printed/sorted and will tell you to come back. I've had both happen to me.

Mike Barrett
#1923The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/25/19 at 8:11am

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "Mike Barrett said: "Never bought on a 2 show day before, if I purchase for the evening show do I still need to pick up before that show specifically or for a 2 show day can I go earlier in the day to pick up my ticket?"

Depends entirely on the specific box office. Some will give them to you, some haven't printed/sorted and will tell you to come back. I've had both happen to me.
"

Good to know, thank you! 

brdway411
#1924The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 4/26/19 at 2:26am

Be More Chill up for next Wednesday at 8 pm

Videos