pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 77

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

smokeline2
#1900Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 10:38am

Fosse76 said: "There is no reason for them not to allow ticket buyers the option to choose their seat on the map.

The original stated reason was the high demand for tickets; it would be easier and more efficient if ticket buyers simply received the "best available" tickets.

However, since they hold back tickets in addition to the Friday Forty, and they restrict the number of people who can purchase tickets at a time, it is unnecessary.
"

My conspiracy theory is that they aren't letting people pick their seat because of the demand-based pricing. We are all already annoyed by how variable the price is with regard to seat quality, time of purchase, etc. If the prices of each seat can change, it's harder to show them all on a map with a fixed price. Also, if you can see exactly where all the lower priced seats are, you'd be able to see just how much you may be getting ripped off for the higher priced seats...

TheCooler
#1901Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 10:49am

smokeline2 said: "Fosse76 said: "There is no reason for them not to allow ticket buyers the option to choose their seat on the map.

The original stated reason was the high demand for tickets; it would be easier and more efficient if ticket buyers simply received the "best available" tickets.

However, since they hold back tickets in addition to the Friday Forty, and they restrict the number of people who can purchase tickets at a time, it is unnecessary.
"

My conspiracy theory is that they aren't letting people pick their seat because of the demand-based pricing. We are all already annoyed by how variable the price is with regard to seat quality, time of purchase, etc. If the prices of each seat can change, it's harder to show them all on a map with a fixed price. Also, if you can see exactly where all the lower priced seats are, you'd be able to see just how much you may be getting ripped off for the higher priced seats...
"

this isnt a conspiracy theory. you are 100% correct.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1902Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 10:52am

YES, I presume it would be weird for a $40 seat to be in the same row as a $299 seat or even in front of it on any seating chart.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1903Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:03am

Regardless of the how's or whys - the ticket alert date states that they just released tickets for all dates in July. I don't see any of the lower priced tickets, but if you are looking for a $179/$189 seat for a specific July date, you might want to check it out. I also saw a $155 seat as well.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Steph N
#1904Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:10am

August has pretty good availability for single tickets right now. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1905Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:24am

(Insert Clever Name) said: "YES, I presume it would be weirdfor a $40 seat to be in the same row as a $299 seat or even in front of it on any seating chart."

I paid $130 per part in early May for seat G1.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1906Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:29am

If you mean for orchestra, that's an amazing deal, I paid $40 for E 113 and 114 in the dress circle and I saw seat E 110 for the same day listed at $299 premium prices, which is obscene!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1907Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:32am

Yes, I bought G1 and 3 in the orchestra for $130 per part, per ticket. At the time, I figured they were premium seats that went "on sale." Great view from there.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#1908Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 11:46am

macnyc said: "Yes, I bought G1 and 3 in the orchestra for $130 per part, per ticket. At the time, I figured they were premium seats that went "on sale." Great view from there."

This just makes me furious. I bought orch F2 and F4 for $299 per ticket, per part. Your seats are one row behind mine (which I actually would've preferred) and on the opposite side of the center isle, and you paid less than half what I paid.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1909Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 12:14pm

I can't explain it. There were two days in early May when $130 tickets were released, and they were in great locations. I told some friends and co-workers, and quite a few people bought tickets. Row A in the mezzanine was another location for that price.

I also bought Row M in the orchestra for $130, per part, seats 16 and 18.

Updated On: 6/18/18 at 12:14 PM

Steph N
#1910Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 12:21pm

About to release Sat 9/1/18 ticket for OrchL Row V, seat 35. $155 each. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1911Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/18/18 at 2:02pm

Given how it's post-Tony season and it's the summer, I doubt we'll see those cheaper tickets anytime soon (maybe in the fall when it gets slower?) I actually thought HP ticket prices would increase a little bit after it won all those Tony awards.

I'm getting used to the concept of demand-based pricing and thinking more about it, I wonder if HP will ever advertise any sort of promo code or discount code. After all, they don't need to since they can simply decrease seat prices whenever.  

david67
#1912Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/19/18 at 10:07pm

If anyone is interested, in 7 minutes I am going to release $40 tickets for Part 1 and Part 2 for December 30, Sec ORCHL, Row Y, Seat 37. It says "Some action at the top of the Stage, will not be visible from these seats."

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1913Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/19/18 at 10:12pm

How many tickets?

david67
#1914Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/19/18 at 10:14pm

Sorry for not clarifying! Just one for each part. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#1915Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 12:15am

PalJoey said: "Orchestra Row T, seats 5, 7, 9, and 11 available. Thursday July 12 and Friday the 13th! PM me."

One gone. Three left.

GregHut
#1916Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:01pm

Bunch of $20-$40/part tickets in Nov., mainly Nov. 23rd. 

bwayoutdoors
#1917Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:29pm

GregHut said: "Bunch of $20-$40/part tickets in Nov., mainly Nov. 23rd."

Thank you!! Just scored balcony seats for late November for $40/part. Super psyched!

Shreya Jain
#1918Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:37pm

where can I find these?

Shreya Jain
#1919Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:41pm

GregHut said: "Bunch of $20-$40/part tickets in Nov., mainly Nov. 23rd."

Where can I find these tickets?

HeatherAV
#1920Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:42pm

Shreya Jain said: "where can I find these?"

These tickets are available through ticketmaster, https://www.ticketmaster.com/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-lyric-theatre-new-york-ny/venueartist/393320/2395774

It takes time, but you need to go date by date.  For each date, different priced tickets are available.  There were $40 pp balcony seats available on November 23 but I believe those are gone now. Single $40 pp tickets may still exist on other dates, but you need to go date by date to see them. Start poking around on the ticketmaster website and looking at different dates, and you'll see how the availability and pricing changes with each date.  Good luck.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1921Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:44pm

There are also some $40 per part in December. Mainly on Sunday or Thursday/Friday.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

HeatherAV
#1922Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:49pm

hermionejuliet said: "There are also some $40 per part in December. Mainly on Sunday or Thursday/Friday."

December 27/28 has decent seats in the balcony for $40 per part - I hope someone on this board gets them.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1923Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:51pm

Sunday December 2 $40 per part 1 ticket balcony available.

Steph N
#1924Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/20/18 at 2:55pm

Wed Nov 21, Parts 1&2, BALCL, Row D 15 $40/ticket available (Total $102) 

Videos