pixeltracker

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton - Page 8

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#175Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:09pm

He comes off as a prissy egotist to me.  He's an extremely talented fellow but I'm sure that chip on his shoulder will be knocked off soon enough.    Took him quite a while to get his big break with Hamilton and now he may have burned a lot of bridges that may land him back where he was.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#176Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:10pm

He wouldn't sign your playbill, Mildred?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#177Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:16pm

PalJoey said: " 

I know I am alone in this, but I wish the producers would have asked Leslie to take over the title role.

I think he would make a spectacular Hamilton.

"

Joey, you're not alone in that thought. I don't want to see it immediately, but I'd love to see Odom take it on some day. I think he does the combination of flashy and emotional so well. I'm confident others will be successful as Burr, but he's set the bar high.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#178Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:23pm

The thought never entered my mind....but YES!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#179Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:27pm

Mildred Plotka said: "He comes off as a prissy egotist to me.  He's an extremely talented fellow but I'm sure that chip on his shoulder will be knocked off soon enough.    Took him quite a while to get his big break with Hamilton and now he may have burned a lot of bridges that may land him back where he was.

"

He actually comes off as very intelligent, genuine, integrity driven, well spoken, sharp dressed man. I don't know where you get your perception from? Should he be more frat boy or something? I love that he's classy and chooses his words instead of just blah blahing 

ChiTheaterFan
#180Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:36pm

I met him and he was one of the most humble, appreciative people I've met. He didn't treat me like a fan girl but had a real conversation with me about the role and why he loved playing it. We don't know what he was or wasn't offered, but just because the actors are in this huge show where the producers have a lot of bargaining power, that doesn't mean they should just give in to all their demands because they're not needed to sell tickets. It could set a precedent that you're a pushover and cost future negotiating power; there is always a fine balance versus not wanting to appear difficult. It's true in any negotiation in any business. I'm sure he made the decision he felt was best for him and his career and I wish him the best. 

SFFrontRow
#181Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 5:54pm

Raul Esparza does not meet the casting requirements for the role.

Odom has a cabaret show scheduled in SF late July. So, talk of him extending would have had to take that into account (and any other prior appearances booked).

My guess is the producers will want to use the model of Wicked. Get talented relatively unknowns, let them make a name for themselves and then replace them when their contract is up. This makes the show greater than it's parts, and keeps it from being a star vehicle that is handicapped by actor departures.

SFFrontRow
#182Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 5:54pm

Someone suggested Raul Esparza for a Burr replacement. He does not meet the casting requirements for the role. Check out the requirements -Esparza is not the correct ethnicity.

Odom has a cabaret show scheduled in SF late July. So, talk of him extending would have had to take that into account (and any other prior appearances booked).

My guess is the producers will want to use the model of Wicked. Get talented relatively unknowns, let them make a name for themselves and then replace them when their contract is up. This makes the show greater than it's parts, and keeps it from being a star vehicle that is handicapped by actor departures.

Updated On: 6/20/16 at 05:54 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#183Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:06pm

since when is there a required specific ethnicity per character?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#184Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:16pm

There isn't.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Sunny11
#185Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:22pm

Reminder of what the real Aaron Burr looked like lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Burr#/media/File%3ABurr.jpg

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#186Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:24pm

yes we all know he was super white, what's your point

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CindersGolightly
#187Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:26pm

Leslie as Aaron, I'd gladly let him shoot me down. The real Aaron? No thanks. 

ChiTheaterFan
#188Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 6:49pm

Cinders I am thrown by your profile photo change!  This is why I don't have one. (More like I'm too lazy to figure it out...). :)

broadwayboy223
#189Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:00pm

This is off topic and wishful thinking but any chance Cynthia Ervio could be offered to replace Renee or Pippa?

aaaaaa15
#190Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:08pm

I think if Cynthia was going to do Hamilton she'd be more likely to open it in London than replace in New York. Could be wrong.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#191Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:15pm

I can't imagine her singing any of the stuff...maybe Renee I guess 'cause it's beltier than Eliza.

Cinders, who is that in your new pic?

akmiller_98
#192Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:39pm

I am not at all surprised that Leslie is leaving. He is taking a much deserved break from a grueling role. I will actually be shocked if the others stay.

But, I will not be surprised if we see some of them, including Leslie, joining Lin in the West End production.

CindersGolightly
#193Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:43pm

I'd actually love to see Cynthia as Burr!

It's Savannah Wise as Evelyn Nesbit in the revival of "Ragtime", Gypsy! 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#194Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:49pm

CindersGolightly said: "I'd actually love to see Cynthia as Burr!

"

That's what I've wanted! More gender bent casting please! Also, Renée would make a great Burr or Hamilton. Audra as Washington, too. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#195Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 7:53pm

It should be a blind black transgendered dwarf amputee in a wheelchair. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#196Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:22pm

With a lisp. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#197Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:23pm

Cinders I am thrown by your profile photo change!  This is why I don't have one. (More like I'm too lazy to figure it out...). :)

I agree! Avatar changes really throw me! I wish Broadway Concierge would go back to his original...and I'm so glad Dame did. Gets confusing here, you know?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#198Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:27pm

Oh, the dwarf hath to have a lisp. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#199Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
Posted: 6/20/16 at 8:30pm

gypsy101 said: "since when is there a required specific ethnicity per character?"

I do wonder if Burr will ever be performed by a white or asian or hispanic actor. Eminem? 

Videos