News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy- Page 9

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#200Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 6:20am

Well I have seen some very tragic posters on this board over the years,but speed takes the cake.. dude get some new meds 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

PaulWom
#201Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 6:50am

hmph said: 

I was reading the comments on the Forbes article and one of them said "[Oak] emailed members of the cast details of Patinkins hiring before he should have, divulging parts of the contract that were not supposed to be made public." Anyone know what that's about?"

I didn't hear about that, but it might be true. I did hear (I believe it was posted on an earlier thread) that Oak told the cast that he would endorse Mandy coming into the show on the condition that they publicly badmouth the producers.

PaulWom
Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#203Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 6:57am

I love how supportive Ben Stillers daughter is. Lol 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

PaulWom
#204Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 7:07am

One of the things I'd like to hear about is what Cynthia said to the cast.. didn't the NYTimes article say she was brought in? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#205Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 7:08am

PaulWom said: "Celia speaks out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ5Ns-Fl0Yn/
"

So fantastic. I've loved every post Celia has written during this whole ordeal.

PaulWom
#206Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 7:15am

I can't post it here, because I think his FB page is private, but one of the Comet dressers commented on Brad Giovanine's post about "cultivating new diversity":

"Skipping out on your music/instrument lessons for 2 months doesn't cultivate skill with that instrument either" 

the teeeeaaaaa

Updated On: 10/6/17 at 07:15 AM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#207Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 8:13am

Why do I not see any interviews with Oak stating: "Roles must be nurtured.....no matter what color you are"?

Oh wait, only his color must be nurtured. 

Too bad for him this role wasn't about that. Such a wake up call and still sleeping....

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#208Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 8:46am

Dave28282 said: "Why do I not see any interviews with Oak stating: "Roles must be nurtured.....no matter what color you are"?"

Because only you talk like that?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#209Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 1:05pm

"Because only you talk like that?"

ROFL

schubox
#210Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 1:39pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I love how supportive Ben Stillers daughter is. Lol"

The last time I saw it Stiller was there with his daughter and I think I heard him say it was his 4th time and her 8th

MVintheheartland
#211Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:01pm

"ie: carousel is using a "gimmick" (oak's words) by casting a black man in the role of billy bigelow. That is the gimmick and selling point of the show. There is almost no other reason to cast a black man in this role than the gimmick and the selling of tix and Scott Rudin knows this. Josh Henry is incredibly talented, im not saying he isn't and will perform the hell out of this (probably), but the GIMMICK of him being black in a role that has ALWAYS been played by a white man will sell tix and as such ...GImmick. "

Gee, maybe I'm racist then, but I want to see Carousel because I think Josh Henry is awesome. Not because of gimmick casting. I have seen him in "Shuffle Along" and "Hamilton"(in Chicago), and I'm a big fan. I also think he's way hot. 

MVintheheartland

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#212Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:01pm

Speed said: "Oak is a human being and aprofessional actor himself. Deserves better than "narcissistic nobody." Andy Karl may be a Broadway veteranbut he was entrusted with TWO huge Broadway musicals (Rocky and Groundhog Day) and completely failed to turn either into a hit. Pierre isn't really a lead role like what Andy had in Rocky and GD. Shouldn't Andy be held to a higher standard? Maybe Andy is the "big old nobody" that should never be hired again. Also, it was always going to be hard for Oak to have Andy's "veteran" career because he is BLACK and there just aren't enough roles for him. Hamilton has given voice to a lot of actors who had never had the opportunity on Broadway because the roles didn't exist."

Speed are you that ridiculous? First of all the star of Rocky was the name of the show, Karl got great reviews and a Tony nomination but sadly the show only half worked. As for Groundhog Day, his reviewer again were brilliant AND he won the Olivier Award for Best Actor during the HIT UK run.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#213Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:17pm

I spoke to Cynthia and all she kept saying is 'I'm right' and oh Oak blocked me 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#214Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:22pm

songanddanceman2 said: "I spoke to Cynthia and all she kept saying is 'I'm right' and oh Oak blocked me"

Is this a joke that I simply don't get?

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#215Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:22pm

songanddanceman2 said: "I spoke to Cynthia and all she kept saying is 'I'm right' and oh Oak blocked me"

Yep. That's what Cynthia does.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#216Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:32pm

This thread has hilariously gone off the rails.  At least we were provided with an all new Trumpety meaning for "very famous".

Andy Karl may be a Broadway veteranbut he was entrusted with TWO huge Broadway musicals (Rocky and Groundhog Day) and completely failed to turn either into a hit.

More new facts!  The producers, creators, designers, director, marketing and PR teams have zero responsibility in the success of a Broadway musical.  If a musical fails to recoup, the sole responsibility falls on the lead actor, irrespective of any critical acclaim for his performance in it.  I really need to make a note of this.  Just so we're clear, does this apply equally to female leads or are female actors simply disregarded?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

PaulWom
PaulWom
BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#219Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:53pm

Nope. Karma is bull****. Good things happen to people who do bad things. Bad things happen to people who do good things. That's life.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#220Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:55pm

PaulWom said: "So he faces absolutely no consequences at all for his actions. Wonderful."

Well, he was thoroughly trashed on a message board? Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy

Sunny11
#221Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 2:59pm

Imagine if he returns to Broadway as a box office draw hot off his hit tv show. 

10086Sundays
#222Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 4:10pm

Updated On: 10/6/17 at 04:10 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#223Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 4:21pm

Sunny11 said: "Imagine if he returns to Broadway as a box office draw hot off his hit tv show."

I would actually find that highly amusing. I was totally wrong about him having nothing else to lose. That's show business folks.

Updated On: 10/6/17 at 04:21 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#224Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy
Posted: 10/6/17 at 5:14pm

haterobics said: "Dave28282 said: "Why do I not see any interviews with Oak stating: "Roles must be nurtured.....no matter what color you are"?"

Because only you talk like that?
"

Oak talks about nurturing all the time.

Videos